Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: What Is Your Z/28 Purchase Status?
Serious buyer - done deal! 21 21.88%
Half-Assed buyer - sure I have a deal...lol 3 3.13%
Lazy buyer - Later! Leave me alone! 16 16.67%
Hoping buyer - PLEASE please I hope I can! 56 58.33%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #57

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
For your amusement only....Some poor bastard (not on C5) totaled his brand new ZL-1 at the Roval in Fontana about a month ago...He was in one of the more advanced groups, not in mine....lost it on his last session on turn 6....

...Bad luck, too much rwhp....who knows...Nobody knew the guy...He was pretty bummed....and ok. unhurt...

....Just some food for thought....Enjoy...
Attached Images This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 151KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 130KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 187KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 171KB.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #58
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Ugh. My positive thoughts go out to the driver if he reads this. From a tracker's point of view I'll say I am glad the passenger compartment looks like it held up very well in what appears to be a hard hit with something solid (wall). Makes me feel more secure in tracking the forthcoming Z/28. Good work Chevy.

My second observation is that this is superb motivation to always have track insurance. I know the folks at Lockton Affinity, awesome people and product.
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Ugh. My positive thoughts go out to the driver if he reads this. From a tracker's point of view I'll say I am glad the passenger compartment looks like it held up very well in what appears to be a hard hit with something solid (wall). Makes me feel more secure in tracking the forthcoming Z/28. Good work Chevy.

My second observation is that this is superb motivation to always have track insurance. I know the folks at Lockton Affinity, awesome people and product.
The guy said he had track insurance...not sure with who....We were all hanging around at the end of the day....The owner had left when we took the pics....While checking it out, we noticed the key was still on and it wouldn't turn off and we couldn't disconnect the battery...
When he came back with a flatbed, we helped throw all the broken parts in the trash barrels....It was leaking fluids all over the place, the owner actually was able to start it to help get it on the flat-bed...go figure...
Old 09-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #60
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
For your amusement only....Some poor bastard (not on C5) totaled his brand new ZL-1 at the Roval in Fontana about a month ago...He was in one of the more advanced groups, not in mine....lost it on his last session on turn 6....

...Bad luck, too much rwhp....who knows...Nobody knew the guy...He was pretty bummed....and ok. unhurt...

....Just some food for thought....Enjoy...
Attached Images This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 151KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 130KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 187KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1300x975 and weights 171KB.
Wow! Right down around the way from me . I could use those tires lol
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #61
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The guy said he had track insurance...not sure with who....We were all hanging around at the end of the day....The owner had left when we took the pics....While checking it out, we noticed the key was still on and it wouldn't turn off and we couldn't disconnect the battery...
When he came back with a flatbed, we helped throw all the broken parts in the trash barrels....It was leaking fluids all over the place, the owner actually was able to start it to help get it on the flat-bed...go figure...
Ugh...sad. The good news is he gets a new car (after paying the insurance deductible) thanks to the track insurance. Hate to hear these stories, but it happens a lot.

High-performance driving school is worth its cost a thousand times over (life-long "insurance policy"). Even then sh*t happens, someone drops oil or antifreeze on the track and you are along for the ride regardless...
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #62

It was an eye-opener for me...I did the Roval and Buttonwillow with no track insurance....never again....

We had one more session after he crashed....I took it easy and couldn't wait to get off the track...lol....
Old 09-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #63
OrngCrush

Drives: 1978 Z28, 2010 IOM 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Toys cost money. Really cool toys cost even more. This Z/28 is more, far more than any Z/28 has ever been, therefore expect to pay for it.

BTW, look up the price on a "fully loaded" 1969 Z/28 and compare it to other 1969 cars.

http://www.chevyinfo.net/?page_id=271

Your kind of making my point, the new Z28 is not fully loaded. And it's at least a 50% markup from a loaded SS for the Z28. I understand you have to pay to play, but seems they have lost touch. I bought my first Z28 just out of high school in '78 which was only 7% more than a rally sport V8. At the time it was not easy to swing it working entry-level full-time but it was possible. Don't get me wrong I would love a new Z28, just think this one has fallen away from it's roots a bit. Just my opinion. I respect those that think otherwise. We all love Camaros .
OrngCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #64
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngCrush View Post
Your kind of making my point, the new Z28 is not fully loaded. And it's at least a 50% markup from a loaded SS for the Z28. I understand you have to pay to play, but seems they have lost touch. I bought my first Z28 just out of high school in '78 which was only 7% more than a rally sport V8. At the time it was not easy to swing it working entry-level full-time but it was possible. Don't get me wrong I would love a new Z28, just think this one has fallen away from it's roots a bit. Just my opinion. I respect those that think otherwise. We all love Camaros .
It's roots?...You mean the 1Gen then, if we're really talking about its roots. This Z/28 IS back to its roots and beyond. The 1978 was a far far cry from the roots of the 1Gen. The 5Gen Z/28 "loaded" is very much in line with a 1Gen "loaded", please review the option list from 1969. Today's 5Gen Z/28 already has all that included. You can even get AC on the 5Gen, however not on the 1Gen.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #65
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
How is it not fully loaded? Hand built 7.0 V8, standard carbon brakes, standard Recaro seats, forged wheels, near racing tires, awesome suspension.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #66
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
How is it not fully loaded? Hand built 7.0 V8, standard carbon brakes, standard Recaro seats, forged wheels, near racing tires, awesome suspension.
That sounds loaded to me !
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #67
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Far more loaded than a 1978 Z28 could of been.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #68
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Anyone know where the Z/28 crash testing salvage yard is?
Start here...

http://www.schramauto.com/ContactUs.aspx

They've been known to have "unusual" parts...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #69
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Start here...

http://www.schramauto.com/ContactUs.aspx

They've been known to have "unusual" parts...
LOWDOWN FTW!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #70
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Go back to the '69 MSRP list, take a 6-cylinder Camaro, add all the features you can to match a 2013 1LT as close as you can, and you'll find the '69 list would have been over $5,800. You STILL wouldn't have all the electronic and safety features you have, today, nor would you have the build quality you have today.

$5,800, adjusted for today's dollar (X 5.94), = $34,452, considerably more than its current Base Price.

To approximate a Z/28, you'd need to take '69 COPO 9560 ZL1-engined Camaro (@ $7,000 and change) and start adding a very l-o-n-g list of features to it. You'd end up well north of $10,000...which today would be over $60,000...which it will be...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote