Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
Fabberge

Drives: C7 Z51
Exclamation LLT Twin Turbo

We do get quite a few requests for LLT twin turbo system. We had a prototype done a long time ago, but due to not having a good tuning support, the project was scrambled. Now, it appears that HPTuners has released a support for those ECUs.

Would you be interested in us designing a kit for 2010-2011 V6 Camaros with LLT engines? If yes, I'd like to know why would you like to go with our system per say vs. what's out there now? Looks like RX and STS has systems for these cars out already. Money wise we'll be looking probably at around the same as out LFX kit (~$6700). Do you think it's a good price point? How many would commit to the kit at this price? For me to make a kit I'll probably have to have at least 5 people committed to it otherwise I can't justify doing R&D for it. I am just basing it off the LFX V6 camaro kit sales and they are not looking that hot unfortunately :(
Fabberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
Well I would be interested in this for sure a few more months and I could send a deposite. Single turbo would be fine for me as well I just want good reliable power not let's just see how much we can go before it blows.
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
I was unhappy with the IPF supercharger because of the lack of low end torque
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
What's included in the kit? Same as the LFX?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
I haven't heard great things about RX or STS. I think there needs to be a reputable turbo system for the LLT.

I plan to do some kind of forced induction this year, but IPF was my only consideration at this point.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Man I really hope some LLT guys buy this kit!!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #7
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
I haven't heard great things about RX or STS. I think there needs to be a reputable turbo system for the LLT.

I plan to do some kind of forced induction this year, but IPF was my only consideration at this point.
RX and STS are junk

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 PM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I would say the IPF S/C and this TT kit are the two front runners in FI for our V6'ers.

I think with the IPF you get a smooth torque curve and a easier install that can be remove during the weekend for to pass smog.

With the TT I think you really max out the V6 HP & Torque 446 or something like that. Just not sure how long you have to wait for it to spool up before you feel it kick in..
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:18 AM   #9
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I would say the IPF S/C and this TT kit are the two front runners in FI for our V6'ers.

I think with the IPF you get a smooth torque curve and a easier install that can be remove during the weekend for to pass smog.

With the TT I think you really max out the V6 HP & Torque 446 or something like that. Just not sure how long you have to wait for it to spool up before you feel it kick in..
And we've only seen one dyno sheet on the tt and it drops off at like 6000rpm if I remember right. I think I remember some reason they didnt run it up to 7k but we need to see more!

But dont get me wrong I really like everything ive seen from IPS. Very clean kits.. The IPF supercharger kit doesn't have as much torque but it proven. We just dont know enough about this tt kit on our cars to drop 7k on one. Because I'd be willing to bet most of us v6 guys work hard for our money or just dont have that much of it. So this is a lot of money! I would need to see more cars running this before I committed to it.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #10
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Well the case with the V6 when it comes down to the FI and parts is simple compared to the likes of the V6 mustang. A lot of talk no action. Everyone wants parts but when it comes out most say maybe next year or when warranty expires. This is why some won't touch to LLT and LFX because of trends like this. This was told to me by a large performance company I wanted a part built from. I think I heard this is why IPF is looking at stopping V6 support also. It's hard to hear but seems to be the trend.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Old 04-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #11
Fabberge

Drives: C7 Z51
right, and that is what i am afraid of. r&d and mass production is not cheap and i don't want to go into this if i am only going to sell a couple of kits.
Fabberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabberge View Post
right, and that is what i am afraid of. r&d and mass production is not cheap and i don't want to go into this if i am only going to sell a couple of kits.
Especially after having to eat the price of the LLT prototype. Hopefully you can get some of that back with HPT adding support, but you won't if no one steps up and orders one.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #13
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabberge View Post
Understandable,but we have yet to see what the LLT HPTune can do for us. (unless I've missed some posts) Am I correct that tuners still have the beta version? Kind of a catch 22,you want commitments,we want a proven(LLT) system. Wish I could tell you,..if you build it they will come.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #14
JantzenOKC

Well who's gonna take a $7, 000+ chance on a kit that we dont know much about?? Because wasnt that 460/440 dyno number tuned for 93 octane? And like 12psi boost? Idk that much but that seems like a lot of boost with our compression. The jay leno tt v6 runs like 7psi.. with 91 octane and lower boost the dyno numbers prob wont be so high.. maybe a little closer to the 400/370 ipf numbers?