Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #645
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Heh...I didn't like Cam long before he beat us this year.

He acts like a douchebag, then blames it on race. He taunts opponents instead of acting like he's been there before, then blames it on race. His father accepts money from colleges, then he blames it on race. He steals a laptop, then blames it on race.

Yeah...people have no reason to hate Cam.
I see...could be a pattern...
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2016, 09:44 AM   #646
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Heh...I didn't like Cam long before he beat us this year.

He acts like a douchebag, then blames it on race. He taunts opponents instead of acting like he's been there before, then blames it on race. His father accepts money from colleges, then he blames it on race. He steals a laptop, then blames it on race.

Yeah...people have no reason to hate Cam.
Fair enough. I feel the same about Russell.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #647
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra

Just glad pats and Brady are out of the line of fire till Brady's next hearing.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #648
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Fair enough. I feel the same about Russell.
Highly doubtful you have legitimate reasons for that, except he's beaten you guys a lot in the past. Unless Ciara was your ex-girlfriend and Russell took her from you...

Cam hasn't even won a Super Bowl yet, yet has an ego the size of Trumps, then blames peoples reaction to his antics on race instead of just recognizing that people think he's a douchebag. I didn't like T.O. either. I respect Cam's playing ability, just like I did T.O.'s though. He just needs to quit acting like a douchebag, and maybe people will like him more.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #649
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Highly doubtful you have legitimate reasons for that, except he's beaten you guys a lot in the past. Unless Ciara was your ex-girlfriend and Russell took her from you...

Cam hasn't even won a Super Bowl yet, yet has an ego the size of Trumps, then blames peoples reaction to his antics on race instead of just recognizing that people think he's a douchebag. I didn't like T.O. either. I respect Cam's playing ability, just like I did T.O.'s though. He just needs to quit acting like a douchebag, and maybe people will like him more.
He's just overrated. I like Cam even more for his celebrating, etc. I don't want a boring team.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #650
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
He's just overrated. I like Cam even more for his celebrating, etc. I don't want a boring team.
And you like him blaming this all on race? I don't respect Cam as a person because of how he's acting (and how he's acted in the past). Heck, even this year he whined about an official not making a call and went to the press because the ref told him he hadn't earned that call yet. You guy's may (or may not) win the Super Bowl, however you can be exciting without being a douche.

I lived in Durham, NC for the last 3 years, and don't hate the Panthers at all. If it weren't for Cam, I'd be rooting for them 100%

Heck, I'm seriously considering rooting for the Broncos (a team I hate with the passion of a thousand fiery suns) because I want to see how Cam reacts when he doesn't win.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:31 AM   #651
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:

Heck, I'm seriously considering rooting for the Broncos (a team I hate with the passion of a thousand fiery suns) because I want to see how Cam reacts when he doesn't win.
shouldn't be hard to find...he lost enough over the years.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #652
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
shouldn't be hard to find...he lost enough over the years.
like this?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ders-officials
Old 02-01-2016, 10:44 AM   #653
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
And you like him blaming this all on race? I don't respect Cam as a person because of how he's acting (and how he's acted in the past). Heck, even this year he whined about an official not making a call and went to the press because the ref told him he hadn't earned that call yet. You guy's may (or may not) win the Super Bowl, however you can be exciting without being a douche.

I lived in Durham, NC for the last 3 years, and don't hate the Panthers at all. If it weren't for Cam, I'd be rooting for them 100%

He didn't go to the press about that call. They asked him about it. See this is where a lot of his bad image comes from. People being ignorant.

I had a friend who is just like you. Would be a panthers fan if we didn't have Cam. His reason though... because he's black, so yes I do think race plays a factor, but not for everyone.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #654
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
He didn't go to the press about that call. They asked him about it. See this is where a lot of his bad image comes from. People being ignorant.

I had a friend who is just like you. Would be a panthers fan if we didn't have Cam. His reason though... because he's black, so yes I do think race plays a factor, but not for everyone.
I don't really think it matters whether he went to the press with it or not. He was likely asked about it because he acted in a way on the field that was unprofessional.

I watched the Panthers when I was in Durham a bit. One thing I noticed was that after some of his first down celebrations, he'd sometimes call time-out or get a delay penalty. Doing celebrations is fine...he just sometimes forgets he's also the QB of a team and needs to focus on that. I prefer watching players who act like they've been there before...
Old 02-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #655
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
I like this guy's touchdown celebrations.

trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #656
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
I like this guy's touchdown celebrations.

You also have to understand those where college football touchdowns, there`s really not a lot of things you can do after a touchdown except flip the ball to the ref. But ya, I like it when they flip the ball to the ref and act like it`s no big deal, "I`ve been here and done this before". This is the NCAA rule; NCAA Football Rule 9-2, Article 1(a)(1)(d) prohibits "Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves)"; in addition, Rule 9-2, Article 1(a)(2) asserts that "After a score or any other play, the player in possession immediately must return the ball to an official or leave it near the dead-ball spot."
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #657
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

What was that? When is the Pro Bowl game going to start playing flag football? Run over here and you can get tackled standing up. I know, I know, don't wanna get hurt, they are worth to much money to risk it. Then don't play you big baby. Just call it the Wussie bowl. Didn't enjoy watching Pro ball being played like that. Rant over...
Old 02-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #658
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post

Just glad pats and Brady are out of the line of fire till Brady's next hearing.

For someone that lives in a garbage can, you can bring it!