Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-15-2016, 08:31 PM   #1
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Things just keep getting worse.

So I've had issues with the car triggering all the nannies. Well tonight I thought I would go to the track and try it again to see if I could get it working right now that I've been informed to remove the abs fuses so the line lock doesn't trip everything off. Well it started weird I backed my car out and all the nannies were already on didn't think much of it hopefully they would turn off while driving but no they stayed on and the car sat at idle running like shit. I pulled over pulled the fuses and it seemed to run much better. I get to the track go to make my pass and the same issue happens as before first was somewhat strong second fell flat and then it popped to third and came back to life only this time the exhaust flew off (scrapped hard on a bump and probably pulled it almost all the way off). After I get off it starts running rough again nothing on the dash came up and a harder than normal clunk sound came from the transmission while shifting. I limp it home and pull the super charger belt off to listen to the engine and I hear some lifter noise not sure if it's a bad lifter or not (possibly the afm lifter). Has anyone had any issues like this or does any of this sound familiar?
Old 07-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Yes I did...But not with a AFM lifter but with a LS7/LS3 lifter...Either way if you are hearing tick tick tick more than likely its a lifter that didnt pump up which is causing the exhaust valve not to fully open and potentially grinding your cam lobes up too. Pull the valve covers off and see if you have any play in the rocker arms. Thats the best way to pinpoint the problem. Also check the oil for metal shavings. You wont see the pins that hold the roller in the lifter until the oil pan is pulled off. I had the pins stuck in the pick up tube. The hard shifting comes from the traction control being intiated. LMK what you find...I hope this helps..
Old 07-21-2016, 03:38 AM   #3
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Could always be worse
Attached Images

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #4
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I'll pull the valve covers today see what I find.