Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #43
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitis View Post
New to the Camaro scene. I just bought a 2012 inferno orange 1LS. This is sad news indeed. I did not know this about my car. I've been researching this for three days now, but all I want to do is make my v6 sound deeper with a lower idle speed. I do not want it to sound like a ricer. Since mine is a 2012 and cannot change the headers to help achieve this what are my options? From all of the YouTube videos i've seen with just rear exhaust upgrades makes it sound like a Honda civic ricer popping rice. I absolutely do not want this kind of sound. I want it to be extremely deep like you can hear it slowly gurgle'ing the gas and no popping.

I have seen videos where someone cuts the exhaust to achieve close to the sound I want. I do not want the sound to be roaring loud, just deep. Think motorcycle deep.

Sorry for the questions. But someone could save me a lot of time if you can help point me in the right direction. What is a guy like me to do? Thanks in advance.
High flow cats, Magnaflow resonated X pipe and one of the MRT axle-backs. To me, that's a great setup on the V6.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #44
BlueRayLFX

Drives: BRM 2LT RS "Mara"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
High flow cats, Magnaflow resonated X pipe and one of the MRT axle-backs. To me, that's a great setup on the V6.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Definitely. I'm running solos, mrtv2, resonated x pipe, and cut out stock resonators and my car sounds great! When I start it every morning, it's like someone turned on a subwoofer in my garage. Just all deep bass sound.
BlueRayLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #45
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRayLFX View Post
Definitely. I'm running solos, mrtv2, resonated x pipe, and cut out stock resonators and my car sounds great! When I start it every morning, it's like someone turned on a subwoofer in my garage. Just all deep bass sound.
Nice! That's a great setup for sure! The V6 is kinda hard to make sound good, but that combo is just right IMO.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #46
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
I've got solo cats (they have a built in resonator), deleted stock resonators, and Mellow tone axle back exhaust. I love the sound. A bit of drone at highway speeds over 75 but she's not a road trip kind of car Super pleased with the improvement over stock setup. And not to be a wise guy but that sound your looking for sounds like a V8 with a cam, just not reproducible on a 6 cyclinder.
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:32 AM   #47
nikitis

Drives: 2012 Camaro Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRayLFX View Post
Could you make a video? Like maybe 15 seconds inside the car while starting, and 15 seconds outside the car from behind? I would love to hear it.

Which brand resonated x pipe?

What type of solos'?

Sorry, I'm a noob to these upgrades.
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:29 AM   #48
VE WAGON

Drives: holden ve v6 SIDI 3L
hi guys attached are some headers i made in australia for my gm holden LF1 3L Direct injection engine basically same as the LFX just in a 3L option

anyway more bout the headers 2 1/2 stainless with 100 cell cats

they produce the most unique sound for a v6

video http://youtu.be/pSOa2tZg2bE on mace/trifector tune search my channel for newer videos on full dyno tune sounds lumpy now like has cams but is just cam phase edit on the efi live tune
http://youtu.be/Eww9wltjvpw
Attached Images

VE WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #49
darcycook

Drives: 2013 v6 auto 1LT
OK I WATCHED THE VIDEO, i see a cai on this car that i like any info . ORSSOM PERFORMANCE ?
darcycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #50
Chantro5

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
So are these like a thing now or are there just ARH, SOLOs, and the one other brand that is slipping my mind right now.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:13 AM   #51
KROLIS

Drives: 2017 2LT/RS & 2013 2LT/RS vert
Sry for being slow or new to the V-6. After watching the video, our headers are basically built in to the heads?
KROLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:37 AM   #52
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Indeed. This engine incorporates "integrated exhaust manifolds" so the manifolds are built right into the cylinder heads, and so instead of manifolds ("headers") being bolted to the engine you'll see just a single 2.5" pipe on either side.

The LLT engine used in the 2010 and 2011 Camaro has normal/external headers, but also seems to have lots of issues with head gaskets leaking, timing chains loosening, etc., so anyone considering a V6 Camaro would be wise to go with a 2012+ unless they're highly mechanically inclined
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote