Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Whats the deal with bailing out?

So this week alone two guys with RX SC kits have bailed.

My question is...after the install were you not satisfied with the power, sound, reliability or __________.

I have considered bailing out of my camaro before I spend a ton of money on it ie sc kit from IPF but can't find anything I would raher have to drive. If this is a future mod for me I would like to know honest reason's for the upgrade to an v-8 after super charging the 6.

PM me if you do't want to post for everybody.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
There is no replacement for displacement.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
There is no replacement for displacement.
theres only so much you can get out of this car before you hit the ceiling

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
Missionboi
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 8/12/13]

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE RS
The kit is amazing! dont get me wrong. Makes the power and is awesome. I just cant do anything else to be honest...on a v8 i can do all kinds of things lol so would rather spend my money on something that I could just increase and increase in power and make it sound and look great
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post
The kit is amazing! dont get me wrong. Makes the power and is awesome. I just cant do anything else to be honest...on a v8 i can do all kinds of things lol so would rather spend my money on something that I could just increase and increase in power and make it sound and look great
So it boils down to... I had fun with the car but really wanted a v8. Especialy once the limits of the v6 mods became apparent. That is where I sit right now. Just cant see spending the v8 money to replace my perfectly good camaro with a camaro. I am not a huge mod guy but I feel the dream of some big power moded v6 slipping into a want of a v8.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
I love my kit. I beat SS's on the street and at the track. I broke 12's with a V6. I've accomplished alot. I've had my car 3 years. It's just time for me to move up to my first V8!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
theres only so much you can get out of this car before you hit the ceiling
It all comes down to dollars and cents. If I had unlimited resources and the money I would still rather drive a V6 Camaro and stand out. It all comes down to much your willing to spend to make your car faster. I am certain if someone invested hundreds of thousands into making their car faster it doesn't matter what size motor they have a V6 or V8 regardless its going to be a fast Camaro.

I am sure you can get more power out of the engine, just how much are you willing to gamble to get that power?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
You also have to look at your fuel MPG's. I like getting 30 to 32 mpg. So I don't have 500HP, but don't use it all the time, rather spind less time/money at the gas station. It's up to you. Maybe 500HP puts a bigger grin on your face?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
It all comes down to dollars and cents. If I had unlimited resources and the money I would still rather drive a V6 Camaro and stand out. It all comes down to much your willing to spend to make your car faster. I am certain if someone invested hundreds of thousands into making their car faster it doesn't matter what size motor they have a V6 or V8 regardless its going to be a fast Camaro.

I am sure you can get more power out of the engine, just how much are you willing to gamble to get that power?
I think this nails it down pretty good. The mod ceiling for the V6 is much lower than the V8. Just so many limiting factors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I think this nails it down pretty good. The mod ceiling for the V6 is much lower than the V8. Just so many limiting factors.

"Affordable ceiling mod", but for the right buck you can make the V6 possibly even a ZL1 killer. Dollars and cents, most of us cant afford to spend the $$$ to research parts and develop parts to make our cars faster. Thankfully smaller companies have taken interest in us, IPF, RX, MACE, HPS, ... ect so we aren't completely left in out of the performance world.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
"Affordable ceiling mod", but for the right buck you can make the V6 possibly even a ZL1 killer. Dollars and cents, most of us cant afford to spend the $$$ to research parts and develop parts to make our cars faster. Thankfully smaller companies have taken interest in us, IPF, RX, MACE, HPS, ... ect so we aren't completely left in out of the performance world.
True, I just assumed everyone on these boards are not million dollar V6 owners lol.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
We are kinda close on the HP numbers compared to a ZL1 (580 * 0.8 = 464 RWHP; assumes auto transmission). The suspension is another thing. If you want an all out performance suspension and don't worry too much about ride quality, then you can do that for a couple of grand. I would think we should see some FI V6s keeping up with stock ZL1s pretty soon. Now if you want an all out bada$$ drag car then you also have to question the purchase of a Camaro at all. Regardless of the number of cylinders, it takes a lot to make one of these things run low 10s or high 9s.

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 01-08-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Nothing wrong with moving to a V8, we build those to 900-1000 hp plus where the most we have pushed the V6 is just under 700 and that was only on the dyno, not a build that would live on the street. Also, there are 22 RX SC builds on the road and with any build, people want more power with reliability are going to need to move to a V8 platform.

The nice thing is these are easy enough to swap to anyones wanting a bargain, and we will do it for a minimal price as well.

What we dont want to see is reigniting the hate crap here between the 2 as that accomplishes nothing. Both are good systems with happy campers, so I hope that is not your intent macrakie as there is no place for that here or anywhere.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Nothing wrong with moving to a V8, we build those to 900-1000 hp plus where the most we have pushed the V6 is just under 700 and that was only on the dyno, not a build that would live on the street. Also, there are 22 RX SC builds on the road and with any build, people want more power with reliability are going to need to move to a V8 platform.

The nice thing is these are easy enough to swap to anyones wanting a bargain, and we will do it for a minimal price as well.

What we dont want to see is reigniting the hate crap here between the 2 as that accomplishes nothing. Both are good systems with happy campers, so I hope that is not your intent macrakie as there is no place for that here or anywhere.

I think he was just making an observation. Which seeing as he didn't state anything untrue is a valid one.

Click Picture for Build Thread

Closed Thread