Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Roscoe

Drives: 2011 2LT
OnStar MyLink app Problems

Purchased my new Camaro a few days ago. Set up my OnStar on the way home over the cars phone. When I got home I downloaded the OnStar iPhone app and set everything up and it worked perfectly. Awesome!! Then I realized that the phone number OnStar gave me had the wrong prefix for where I live. The next morning I called OnStar and requested a new phone number. Got the new number and all was good until I tried the app on my iPhone and nothing worked. The app can no longer communicate with the car. Have now spent over 5 hours with their technical support and no one can fix the problem. I've cancelled my account a few times and deleted my app many times and reinstalled, re set up, did everything over again and still nothing works. The problem is when I set up the app it auto-populates with the original phone number, not the new number in my car. Nobody can figure out how the get the app to have the cars current phone number. Sorry to be so long winded but I really would like help from anyone who could offer solutions. Thanks, Roscoe
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
masterwinning

Drives: 2013 Volt
Onstar pretty much knows nothing about the new app. I called asking about my new remote start not showing up, and the nice lady who answered the phone asked me what Onstar MyLink was. After describing it to her, she told me yeah she saw a memo on it, but had no idea anything about it. So give them a little time to figure out what is going on, after talking to a manager in technical support, they are actively working on the app and he stated that this is more of a Beta then a finished app.
masterwinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
Have you synced your phone with your computer? If you haven't...do so then continue... If so, go to apps on the left side in I-tunes. Right click on the app and click delete. Then go to your phone and delete the app on your phone. Re sync your phone to make sure its off your phone and your computer. Re-download the app on your phone. It should start as a fresh application on your phone. Hope this helps
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, iphone, mylink, onstar