Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #323
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Yeah man, that's the plan is to help not get any mind of wheel hop. Even the slightest at my power AAA is towing my car to ecs haha. I got my eye on some subframe bushings in the classifieds see if I can make a deal. Not gonna do the diff bushings honestly because I might swap out to the whole 12 bolt hammerhead at some point. I'm just curious how much better its gonna be once I'm all done.
Talk to Matt about any pfadt suspension parts. He's the man. He got Pfadt to sponsor my car. And subsequently my drag racing coil overs will be here on Monday.

If you don't mind the ride you are more than welcome to use my lift in my heated garage.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #324
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I saw that for sale thread and was going to mention it to you, especially if he's willing to go down a tad in price. I agree about the diff. bushings, as you shouldn't bother if you are going the full 12 bolt route. The cradle bushings are a must though.
We took my diff bushings out (they were spent),and reinstalled the factory ones with bigger bolts.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #325
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Nice . Did it make a noticeable difference in putting the power down?
If you mean not blowing the rear up and rendering the car useless, then yes, they will make a huge difference!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #326
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
We took my diff bushings out (they were spent),and reinstalled the factory ones with bigger bolts.
Wow, that's good to know and interesting as well. I'll have to take this into account before I install my differential bushings.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #327
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Wow, that's good to know and interesting as well. I'll have to take this into account before I install my differential bushings.
I was able to take one of the bushings out by hand. actually two fingers. That can't be good.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #328
TCAT

Quote:
I was able to take one of the bushings out by hand. actually two fingers. That can't be good.
Shit, now that's bad. I have had some HD Pedders differential bushings sitting in my room for over a year and still haven't installed them. I wonder how these will hold up also. I would imagine the same. I'm not sure if uou mentioned it already, but did you have Pfadts diff. bushings?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #329
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Shit, now that's bad. I have had some HD Pedders differential bushings sitting in my room for over a year and still haven't installed them. I wonder how these will hold up also. I would imagine the same. I'm not sure if uou mentioned it already, but did you have Pfadts diff. bushings?
I'm pretty sure I had the pfadts but I can't be sure. It's been 3 years. In the bushings defense they did take a lot of drag racing abuse. That couldn't of helped. The other bushings were sloppy. With some effort I could have taken then out by hand as well. Those just didn't fall out.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #330
TCAT

True, lots of drag racing would definitely put some stress on them, but I wouldn't have expected them to get so messed up. At least now we now they may not be able to withstand such stress. That's a definite bummer.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #331
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
True, lots of drag racing would definitely put some stress on them, but I wouldn't have expected them to get so messed up. At least now we now they may not be able to withstand such stress. That's a definite bummer.
I don't believe it's the first set that Ted has seen fail. They already knew what they wanted to do.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #332
TCAT

Quote:
I don't believe it's the first set that Ted has seen fail. They already knew what they wanted to do.
Hmm, maybe it's worth it for me not to install them while the cradles out for the subframe bushings.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #333
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hmm, maybe it's worth it for me not to install them while the cradles out for the subframe bushings.
I'd get some more thoughts and opinions. I'm sure 95% of the time they will be just fine. Don't go by me. I also wore out the pinion bearings. My car is a worse case scenario for parts.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #334
TCAT

Quote:
I'd get some more thoughts and opinions. I'm sure 95% of the time they will be just fine. Don't go by me. I also wore out the pinion bearings. My car is a worse case scenario for parts.
Hahahaha, yeah that thing is a damn beast. That's how it's done right there.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #335
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hahahaha, yeah that thing is a damn beast. That's how it's done right there.
Thankfully Ted stocks built 3.45 rears. I lost about an hr of time overall but got the TruTrac with the new rear. I chalk it up as a mod for improvement.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #336
TCAT

Quote:
Thankfully Ted stocks built 3.45 rears. I lost about an hr of time overall but got the TruTrac with the new rear. I chalk it up as a mod for improvement.
Damn straight! Lol

Tags
camaro of the week