Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Rough running, need help!!

Hey guys. So recently my car started running really rough. It takes a while for me to get it started, and when it finally starts, it runs reeeeally bad. And every time I open the throttle , it seems like its trying to choke itself out. Its backfiring when I get on it, idling rough, etc. It kinda feels like its not getting enough gas. Its an 86 Camaro berlinetta with the little 2.8 v6. This was my first car, ive had it for 5 years and its never given me any problems until now. Just wondering if anyone on here has had this problem, or might know any things to look at? I was gonna check the pcv valve next, but other than that I don't have many ideas yet. Any advice is appreciated!

And don't say "who cares, its just a crappy berlinetta". Cuz I do!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
Third-Gen
Olson Kustom Works

Drives: 91 Camaro, LS3, TVS2300, TR6060
fuel pump feed line, inside the tank, between the pump and the pickup tube, they fail around 120K all the time. its a little black piece of hose, about 2" long that turns into a sponge. gotta drop the tank to change it, so might as well do a pump while you are in there. this has happned to me on 2 different camaros ive had, both 5.0L TBI, at around 120k. have a shop in your area do a fuel pressure test to make sure before you spend the $$$.
Third-Gen is offline   Reply With Quote