Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
francone13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Locking gas cap

Is there any locking gas caps available for the camaro? i don't want those black or chrome locking door i just want a locking gas cap.
francone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by francone13 View Post
Is there any locking gas caps available for the camaro? i don't want those black or chrome locking door i just want a locking gas cap.
really i thought about that today filling up

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Stant usually makes locking gas cap, but it is not available yet for Camaro.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
BadSS

Drives: 08 GMC
Do we really need locking caps now-a-days? I thought most, if not all, new cars had anti-siphon devices built in to the filler somehow. Might be wrong though. Anyway, those thieves will just poke a hole in the tank to get that gas if they want it. Had a guy at work the other day had to replace his tank for that very reason on his Toyota, >$600.00 and hear a lot of the same on the news.

I guess I'd rather have them siphon the gas from my tank rather than wake up and discover someone put a hole in my tank and needs replaced...as well as the gas. I know that is what insurance is for, but your still out your deductible which is still much more than 5 or 10 gallons of gas.
BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
they are anti syphon have been for a while
Old 07-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
You're gonna have to wait for a while if you don't like the ones currently available.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
defenderworks.com has em!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSS View Post
Do we really need locking caps now-a-days? I thought most, if not all, new cars had anti-siphon devices built in to the filler somehow. Might be wrong though. Anyway, those thieves will just poke a hole in the tank to get that gas if they want it. Had a guy at work the other day had to replace his tank for that very reason on his Toyota, >$600.00 and hear a lot of the same on the news.

I guess I'd rather have them siphon the gas from my tank rather than wake up and discover someone put a hole in my tank and needs replaced...as well as the gas. I know that is what insurance is for, but your still out your deductible which is still much more than 5 or 10 gallons of gas.
Yeah most cars have anti-siphon devices but somewhere out there, some people like to put things in the gas tank, like sugar, it sucks someone did it to me when I got my H3 god thing I saw the guy on the CCTV system, from that day every single car on my household has a locking gas cap
Betro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:

They should invent a standard cap to where it's cap free but.. if you want you can buy a locking cap that will latch on to the sides.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #10
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:

I want one not for fear of someone stealing my gas but from these jeoulose azz hloes that want to mess up our nice cars cause they cant be happy! 2 days after I bought my H2 Hummer some a.hole thought it would be funny to stick bubble gum on the inside of the door handle! But I wanted the gas cover till everytime I saw a new Challenger they had the metal gas cover and didnt want people to think I was driving a new challenger! But then again I would rather them think I was driving a challenger instead of what alot of older people keep asking me if im in a new mustangw? They all say the bow tie looks like the mustange! Im thinking maybe these people need to get there eyes checked again before they start driving around town. A young girl that is greeter at local walmart asked me 4 times last night to drive my new Vette. 1st shw said can I drive your new Vette. I saud sure you can drive my new Vette she said let me have the keys. I saud I cant. She asked why I said because I dont have anty kes for a new vette but I got some camaro keys. She said god I feel stupid and I told her you dont have to feel you are. And she started laughing and hit me. But I know the girl well I wouldnt have made fun of someone I didnt know
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #11
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
Quote:
Do we really need locking caps now-a-days?
Im a college student and for fun some people decided to put sugar in other peoples gas tanks on the last days of staying in the dorms ... I would say they will be very much needed for me.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #12
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Yeah, locking gas caps are great.... a lot safer that way.

Somebody talked about a cap free system.... FORD has that on the new F150s. "inspired" by racing. It is spring loaded so you just push the nozzle in and it moves out of your way. That is great for lazy at the pump.... but no safety otherwise.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #13
SS_in_Black

Drives: 2SS Black over Inferno Orange
I wish GM had spent another $2 and put in an electric release.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #14
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_in_Black View Post
I wish GM had spent another $2 and put in an electric release.
+1
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote