Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
Camaro.Dan

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Need Help choosing a Sub/Amp Upgrade

Hey Everyone, I've been doing some web research on what sub and amp would work best in my 2010 camaro and well... I'm at a lost.. There are so many options, speakers, amps, out there that at the end of the day I'm just even more confused! lol I just want to have a good overall sounding bass. (Like the kind that gives you goosebumps when the bass drops! haha)

I went to a recognizable sound install shop and they quoted me $2,200 for a JL Stealthbox with a JL amp and a few wires and devices that they sold there. I took that info and went online and found out that going the JL Audio route would be way too expensive and is it really worth it after seeing so many other inexpensive ways of achieving similar quality?

I have the Boston Acoustics sound upgrade that I think I abused with setting the bass at 12... I didn't know this would affect the bass at all but it did.. Now everytime I listen to a song that has a deep bass, the back rattles so badly... It's kind of sad when the sound system was an upgraded one. Anyways, I've been browsing and I keep finding myself back at ********.com products.. Particulary I've been looking at the JBL 12" Integrated Amp/Sub/Stealth at ********.com... http://********.com/product_info.php?products_id=449

Will this do the job? Or is there another alternative? I see a lot of people just buying the encloser and sourcing out different speakers and amps.. What's the best way to go about this?

If anyone would be so kind and list all the items below that would make for a killer bass package that looks nice and is under $1,000 that would be amazing.. The more I look, the harder it is to commit to buying something... I trust all your experience!

Thanks!
Camaro.Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
You should go with the factory amp replacement kit:

http://********.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...ement-Kit.html

add the mounting board:
http://********.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=316

buy the JL XD 400/4 amp for $250:

http://creativecaraudio.net/products...OQYCweeTXw_wcB

The above set up will replace your factory amp and allow you to tap into the harness for when you add the ******** Amp/Sub/Stealth box:

http://********.com/product_info.php?products_id=449
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
NOVAK

I ran that set up for over 3 years and loved it. Might not give you that window shattering base that you're looking for but should be really good for your $1000 budget. I'd definitely start with the factory amp replacement kit.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #4
NOVAK

The factory amp replacement kit comes with speaker adapters that plug into your 6x9's that will disconnect the center dash speaker. Your stereo will sound a lot better and you'll get 100 watts to each speaker. I believe that the stock amp only puts out 200-220 watts.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
NOVAK

Old 06-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
Avgas

Drives: 2011 SS
I have the JBL Integrated Amp/Sub/Stealth Enclosure from ********. I also have the BA sound system. This does give the car some real nice thump. The only thing that I didnt care for was having to cut the drivers side trunk liner. Cutting the liner as the directions say does give a very clean factory look. I did purchase the remote amp gain control because some music has too much bass and some has too little. It is very nice to be able to make the adjustment on the fly. I would have liked to see the kit come with screws for the speaker and a speaker grill. I am pretty happy with the product and the price was decent.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #7
NOVAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgas View Post
I have the JBL Integrated Amp/Sub/Stealth Enclosure from ********. I also have the BA sound system. This does give the car some real nice thump. The only thing that I didnt care for was having to cut the drivers side trunk liner. Cutting the liner as the directions say does give a very clean factory look. I did purchase the remote amp gain control because some music has too much bass and some has too little. It is very nice to be able to make the adjustment on the fly. I would have liked to see the kit come with screws for the speaker and a speaker grill. I am pretty happy with the product and the price was decent.
I agree, the knob is a must! Easy set up and install for the whole kit.