Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-03-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Ceramic holds up?

Sir Nuke, or anyone else that’s had ceramic coating done. How’s it held up?
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:47 AM   #2
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
I did the C Quartz finest a couple years ago and it is still holding up great. I have always went over it with reload about once a month since having it applied.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 05:08 AM   #3
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Ceramic Coatings hold up for years with proper maintenance. It also depends on your geographical location. Very hot southern locations, and snowy northern locations with mag chloride put on the roads; both will degrade the coating quicker. Also, is the car garaged, is it a daily driver, or a weekend fun car? These make a difference too.

Adam's, as well as others, have a line of products to help maintain the Ceramic Coating. From a specific car shampoo, to an Infused Waterless Wash, and a Boost to bring back the hydrophobic properties and seal the coating.

Check out the Ceramic tab:
https://adamspolishes.com/#
Also, his CS3, like a Ceramic Infused Waterless Wash on steroids:
https://adamspolishes.com/collection...with-free-12oz
Old 06-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #4
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I did my coating in march of last year. Has held up great so far. I used Adam's and attempted ceramic boost in multiple application ways on 1 or 2 panels. So there's never been any added protection to the vast majority of the coating thus far.

I'm pretty sure my ceramic boost is the original version and I think its absolute trash, streaks no matter how u put it on.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:55 AM   #5
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Tip
If Adam's Ceramic Boost streaks for you try this:
Cut the Boost 50/50 with distilled water. lightly dampen the towel you plan to apply it with (I like to use Adam's Edgeless Utility Towel for the application); like two short spritzes of water per side of the towel, then schmush it around in your hands. Spray a light mist of Boost to the dampened towel and wipe it across half a panel at a time and quickly buff it down with a nice plush microfiber towel. Only apply to a cool panel, out of the sun. A little bit of this product goes a long way, streaking usually means too much is being applied.