Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
dont think it quite works like that fellas, lol. otherwise you could do the same with a speeding ticket...but nope each time you get a new one.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #16
zSHOWTIMEz
So Cal Invasion

Drives: 2011 2SS RS PACKAGE
114 for no front license plate that's ridiculous !
In Los Angeles it's 25 bucks lol
Old 10-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Last night while in SF at a small concert I came out to my car to find a parking ticket. Of course it was my front license plate. But since it's SFMTA, I'm not sure I actually have to have it signed off, it makes it sound like I can pay the fine and that's it. The wording is varied between the website, the ticket, and other sources. Some say "You can" or "You may" in reference to having it signed off.

$114.. knew this day would come.
Were you also parked in a handicapped spot or something? $114.00 is hella money for no front plates while parked.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #18
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
There is a huge difference on fees if the officer makes it a non-correctible violation vs. a correctible violation. With the current state of the budget, we will start to see a lot more "non-correctible" violations so the state can pad the coffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #19
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSHOWTIMEz View Post
114 for no front license plate that's ridiculous !
In Los Angeles it's 25 bucks lol
Yeah I got one in LA once before and paid that. It was nothing compared to SF. But SF is known to be horrible with parking fines and parking enforcement. Horrible in the sense they don't let anything slip by. So guess they are good at their jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Were you also parked in a handicapped spot or something? $114.00 is hella money for no front plates while parked.
Nope, normal parking spot. If it was handicapped it would have been $300+ probably.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #20
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
dont think it quite works like that fellas, lol. otherwise you could do the same with a speeding ticket...but nope each time you get a new one.
This is different though, window tint and speeding are not comparable. I think most judges would let a second tint offense slide, even better, keep the ticket in your car for when you get stopped. This is the peoples republic of California though they may just tell you you have to sell your car and give all profits to the state in order to rectify your windows being slightly darker than clear.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #21
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Really not get the elimanator bracket? Put the plate on to get signed off then take it off before you drive away...
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #22
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
I got one while parked in the street outside my house. Great way to start my morning. I think here in OC it's like $75.. not too sure though. I bought a $30 no drill bracket and paid the $10. If I ever get another I'll just put back on. Simple
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #23
MY CA.ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
I got one while parked in the street outside my house. Great way to start my morning. I think here in OC it's like $75.. not too sure though. I bought a $30 no drill bracket and paid the $10. If I ever get another I'll just put back on. Simple
agree getting a bracket that you cName:  20130531_180322.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  100.4 KBan just put on without drilling is the best way.
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #24
MY CA.ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
pops on and pulls off.lol
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
See my pics here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=16
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #26
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
Why not just get a little 3M two sided tape and stick it on the front bumper. Get it signed off and pay the $10, then pull it off in the parking lot? It won't damage anything and will come right off.
The barbarians are at the gate! I grew up there (and had the wisdom to leave) the meter maids are famous for staking out parking lots. Even a passing city bus can have a surveillance camera mounted on it all designed to snap a photo of your car to mail you a ticket for a perceived violation. So, do yourself a favor and do as the man suggests...stick the front plate on, have the violation signed off, and snatch the plate back off. For the price of a couple of lattes, you will be free to cruise another day...$114.00 is robbery!
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #27
nitehawk117

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Now that COULD be a good thing for you. Save that ticket and offer it as double jeopardy evidence if they ever try to convict you of the same statute again. It's non-correctable as deemed by the government, but you've already paid for the sins of that crime, so....makes sense to me.
A speeding ticket is a little different. That is a ticket for your action which you can change. If they marked non correctable what are you supposed to do, replace your glass or your whole car?
nitehawk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #28
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Just tell them the plate was on there when you parked the car, someone stole the front one.