Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #29
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
I smell panic dejour..........

Stovt001, Might I suggest removing the pull strap part from your original post so that it cuts down on the confusion...

EDIT: nevermind Thanks

Last edited by Camaro_Corvette; 05-11-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #30
racert33
waiting for white

Drives: vertically challenged 95 c/k
[QUOTE=colin911;477993]Yikes. However, the orange peel doesn't look any worse than most new cars these days.QUOTE]

Really? That is viewed as alright? I have noticed this on some other pics of pre-pros and it brought concern to me
racert33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #31
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
You guys just loooooove to give sites like jalopnik ammunition,dont you?

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #32
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
First, A-pillar trim is basically a snap in attachment. Likely needs to be popped back in place. Not a huge deal, should have been caught in prep. And the part may have been removed and reinstalled for some other reason and not re installed properly. I haven't seen anything like this in any Camaro so far and I've seen way more than you guys.

Second, gap in the rear seat is where the pull tab for the folding seat comes out. IT IS NOT POOR QUALITY IN THE STITCHING. Someone clearly pushed it back in. Look at any other photo on this site including mine and you'll see the pull tab coming out of the slot.

The "Orange peel" is on nearly every car to some degree. Lighting can and often does make it look worse than it is. This isn't a problem for me. But you'll have to judge for yourselves. Mass production does not allow for "perfect" paint jobs. The paint on the Camaro is equal to any other GM car or truck.

I can't speak to the other issues as they don't show up in photos.

Don't over react to this.
you beat me too it.....
Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #33
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Paint you'll have to judge for yourself in person. Pictures bring too many light variables into play.

Now I'm excited that it has a strap coming out of that hole. That's a huge upgrade from the system in my Cobalt, where I have to dive into the trunk, pull some knobs, while simultaneously having a friend pull the seat backs forward. That is a good feature!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #34
stovt001

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Stovt001, Might I suggest removing the pull strap part from your original post so that it cuts down on the confusion...
Edited. Thanks for the heads up. I really hope that ends that bit of panic.

Just a dream away
Old 05-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #35
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Edited. Thanks for the heads up. I really hope that ends that bit of panic.
Yeah, the other issues are not that big of a deal, but that looked horrible in the picture. Thanks for saving us a lot of headaches
Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #36
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Here is the strap in the rear seat.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #37
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
how are you so sure these are all things that came that way with the car... the thing does sit in a dealership and all that stuff is doable by people.

considering we haven't heard a single issue of any of these, i wouldn't be so concerned.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #38
stovt001

As far as the paint and door-trim rough spots, I initially assumed they were caused by customers treating the car roughly, but there are no scuff marks or other signs of trauma, so they do appear to be manufacturing/process errors.

The A-pillar trim we have no idea about. It didn't just snap back into place, and it appeared to be more mis-aligned or warped than simply popped out.

Even if they are all factory-originated, this is one isolated incident so I wouldn't panic, just be careful checking the car upon delivery.

Just a dream away
Old 05-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #39
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I understand these are build defects that not all cars will have, and if mine doesn't have them, I'm good. The rest of my review was about how much I liked the car. How is it not the right car for me? Please elaborate.
I heard no real excitement from you. Again, putting the quality issues aside(assuming this was just an aberration, hopefully) you don't seem that enthusiastic. Nothing wrong with your review, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't feel any real excitement in your post. There were many issues you commented on, shifter, wheels, etc. that I totally disagree with you on. Doesn't make either one of us right. Maybe your enthusiasm just didn't come through in your post or maybe I'm to dense to pick up on it. I hope you do end up with a new Camaro and if you enjoy it half as much as I am, I think you will be very happy with the new Camaro.

Last edited by BackinBlackSS/RS; 05-11-2009 at 07:53 PM.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #40
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Here is the strap in the rear seat.

Thank You!

I stand by my previous post!

It would take me 10 minutes at a high rate of speed to make it to the upholstery shop!

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #41
stovt001

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I heard no real excitement from you. Again, putting the quality issues aside(assuming this was just an aberration, hopefully) you don't seem that enthusiastic. Nothing wrong with your review, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't feel any real excitement in your post. There were many issues you commented on, shifter, wheels, etc. that I totally disagree with you on. Doesn't make either one of us right. Maybe your enthusiasm just didn't come through in your post or maybe I'm to dense to pick up on it. I hope you do end up with a new Camaro and if you enjoy it half as much as I am, I think you will be very happy with the new Camaro.
Oh I see where you're coming from. I'm certainly excited. I firmly believe there is not a more unique, striking, gorgeous car in this price range. I'm also a very practical guy. So I'm being tempted by a bunch of hot hatches and sport sedans that would be far more practical, but just not as exciting and different and WOW. So it was the passion vs reason battling in me. Everything I talked about in here - visibility, steering, materials, controls, were issues I was worried about - the cons side of my pros cons list. So now that I've taken care of those and crossed them off the cons side, I can go back to lusting after this car.

Just a dream away
Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #42
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
thanks for the review, theses are the first pictures i have seen of a production car that was messed up from factory. and i have seen a lot of pictures, so lets all hope that none of Camaro5 members get ones that have any blemishes. but im sure there wont be too many at all