Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #155
elsololobo02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Just in case anyone wants confirmation that Trifecta dropped Rx support...
Attached Images

elsololobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #156
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post
Just in case anyone wants confirmation that Trifecta dropped Rx support...
Well, that sucks.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #157
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
RX does not make Cam's, or the SC's themselves. So Trifecta is screwing us over what? tubing, brackets and a IM for roots. I call BS.

I can understand if they don't want to deal with RX personally. That is their choice. But if a customer buys parts from different Companies. Who cares if the IM or a bracket was from RX.

This is not about quality if RX is not even installing it. This is an attack from one company against another, so call it like it is.

And us Customers just get screwed in the middle. :-(
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #158
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I wonder if they'll still support the mace cams if you say you got them direct from mace.

I hate to say it but I think trifecta is doing the right thing by not supporting rx. A lot of tuners refuse to tune a car when the setup is garbage to begin with. And that's dyno tuning. I can't imagine how hard it must be for trifecta to dial in the junk rx sc using mail order tuning.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #159
elsololobo02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I wonder if they'll still support the mace cams if you say you got them direct from mace.

I hate to say it but I think trifecta is doing the right thing by not supporting rx. A lot of tuners refuse to tune a car when the setup is garbage to begin with. And that's dyno tuning. I can't imagine how hard it must be for trifecta to dial in the junk rx sc using mail order tuning.
Not for the LLT...
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #160
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
That sucks

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #161
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
That sucks
+1

sent form my mini computer note 2
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #162
esponda

Drives: V6 LT/RS
Quote:
That sucks

Yup my cams are directly from MACE not RX, trifecta won't tune me.
esponda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #163
elsololobo02

Quote:
Originally Posted by esponda View Post
Yup my cams are directly from MACE not RX, trifecta won't tune me.
Sorry bro, wish I had better news for you. Hope you still have your stock cams.

And KalCorp, the parts may not be directly manufactured by Rx but, Rx continues to tell their customers that all the parts work together and are turn key and tuneable. Yes it is about Rx quality installations regardless of what companies equipment they use. If Rx installs it then Rx should be held responsible if the equipment doesn't work together and they should be letting the customer know what works and what doesn't work.

The only reason former Rx customers know they have problems is when their cars get shipped backed to the owner and they drive them. Or find out that they can't/won't be tuned after the fact. This mantra is flawed and doomed to fail. And that is why so many Rx customers (FI kits/FI Mods) have issues. Just do a search.

Now if Rx stated that a build is going to be the first ever and/or the parts used have never been tested. Then it is on the customer to accept that risk on whether to proceed with the build or not. Unfortuantely most of Rx's FI customers were never advised that their cars were R&D cars. And R&D was never done prior to the products being marketed to consumers. That we know as fact, NOT speculation.

Last edited by elsololobo02; 08-13-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #164
esponda

Drives: V6 LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post
Sorry bro, wish I had better news for you. Hope you still have your stock cams.
I actually got a new set of OEM cams put in for the moment. Gonna use my old set for measurement adjustments. So we will see where it goes.
esponda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #165
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
MACE,

I for one can appreciate what you are doing. The time, money, stress, and everything I'm sure is a killer.

I'd love to see what kind of power these cars can generate with a proper set of cams and a tune. If you don't mind me asking, with a tune/cams/heads combo what kind of gains are you seeing with the LY7 engines?

Even if the cam sizing issues are all sorted out, my worry is this: 1) Specifically for the LLT...can anyone tune it? I for one feel that if anyone has a shot, that IPF would get my money and taking on that project. That said, maybe if the cams are correct, maybe tuning wouldn't be too bad and Trifecta could do it as well? They seemed to have luck with Yellow_Glide's car BEFORE the ported heads went on.

2) My other worry is tuning with ported heads. I know this goes hand in hand with cams, but thats when Yellow's build went downhill and never fully recovered...at least not while it was at RX. I know he is still looking into more options so hopefully we will see more coming out of that. Maybe since tuning the 2012 LFX is easier, we will see more success there.

I'm not sure if cams would be a mod for me since it seems low rpm power shifts to high rpm power, but still..I'd love to see somone hit about 400 crank HP!
Hi KM,

Been a while - I'm recovering from neck surgery first part of the month which has severely limited my fun activities.

You're absolutely right - I'm looking at other tuning opportunities now and think I have one secured, just need to work thru some details before we get started and getting cleared to drive again - again, neurosurgeon cutting in to my fun stuff.

To lay everything out - when we finished the cam only install, we were hitting 282 rwhp on the Mustang Dyno. We did the head swap and things went down hill to 228. Which begs the question of are the heads ported incorrectly or is the tune not finished or a combination. What ever the root cause, the solution is fairly simple once I find the problem. If everything works out with the tuner, neuro and all the other variables, hopefully will be able to be on the dyno tuning in a month.

Now in hind sight, would be interesting to see what a shorter duration (stock would be best) with the same or slightly more lift on the 205s. I think this would allow the VVT to be fully utilized while taking advantage of the increased lift. I probably wont go this route of a fourth grind but will see what the maximum is we can do with the current setup which I think when sorted out with a proper tune is good for 300 rwhp.

That's the plan - as soon as I can get back to it.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #166
elsololobo02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide View Post
Hi KM,

Been a while - I'm recovering from neck surgery first part of the month which has severely limited my fun activities.

You're absolutely right - I'm looking at other tuning opportunities now and think I have one secured, just need to work thru some details before we get started and getting cleared to drive again - again, neurosurgeon cutting in to my fun stuff.

To lay everything out - when we finished the cam only install, we were hitting 282 rwhp on the Mustang Dyno. We did the head swap and things went down hill to 228. Which begs the question of are the heads ported incorrectly or is the tune not finished or a combination. What ever the root cause, the solution is fairly simple once I find the problem. If everything works out with the tuner, neuro and all the other variables, hopefully will be able to be on the dyno tuning in a month.

Now in hind sight, would be interesting to see what a shorter duration (stock would be best) with the same or slightly more lift on the 205s. I think this would allow the VVT to be fully utilized while taking advantage of the increased lift. I probably wont go this route of a fourth grind but will see what the maximum is we can do with the current setup which I think when sorted out with a proper tune is good for 300 rwhp.

That's the plan - as soon as I can get back to it.
Yellow Glide,

Sorry to hear about your medical procedures you have had to go through and hope what ever was done will fix or abate your problems.

I am sure you read through the the thread and have seen what kind of troubles I am going through. So you started having issues when you put the ported heads on?

If you are able to drill it down please let me know as if there is an issue with the heads I need to know so I can apporach Rx and get a refund for those as well. That would be the second hardware issue for me personally with Rx as he told me both the cams and heads will work with FI.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #167
elsololobo02

More BS...

So today my local speed ship is taking off the heads to re-install my stock hads and cams and look what they found!!

The cam shaft guide is just laying off the cam and there is oil in my spark plug port!

This is the 38 years of experience at Rx Performance, the leader in FI V6 builds...Lol.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #168
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Main, there is a lot of bluing on those and look at the scoring on the lobe with the missing lifter. That had to be making some serious noise before it failed.