Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
Spektrum

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I used the GM loyalty bonus when I bought mine, but it's whatever GM is offering at the time.

Mazda also gave me an extra $500 because I traded in a specific competitors vehicle on a list they had when I bought my wife her CX-5. So it's whatever the manufacturer is offering as an incentive.
Spektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #16
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
I bought my 2014 1LT about three weeks ago. I got a 2500 cash back bonus due to their incentives and other deals. At first it does feel like you do not have much visibility but you get use to it and know how to look at certain points. to look out the passenger side just use the mirror and the little window from the back seats. to look you driver side just use your mirror and turn around a little. It is a really quick car for a v6 and I love it. I am 6'3'' and I fit very easily inside the car. The seats go up, down, back, forward, and even dip so it is very easy to fit. the steering wheel also changes up and down as well.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #17
sstephen17

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Are you in a state where tax on the sale is calculated after your trade is deducted?

Assume your trade-in is worth $7000 to the dealer.
If the sales tax rate is 8.6%, you're avoiding $602 in taxes on the purchase of the new car.

So your trade is really getting you a net of $7602.
I'm in California and I don't think the sales tax gets calculated after the trade unfortunately.
sstephen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #18
sstephen17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektrum View Post
I used the GM loyalty bonus when I bought mine, but it's whatever GM is offering at the time.

Mazda also gave me an extra $500 because I traded in a specific competitors vehicle on a list they had when I bought my wife her CX-5. So it's whatever the manufacturer is offering as an incentive.
Curious, did you have to ask for the GM Loyalty bonus? I did some Google searches for GM Loyalty bonus and found that they had a $1000 bonus during President's Day. I also found instances of $500, which wasn't time specific.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #19
Spektrum

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstephen17 View Post
Curious, did you have to ask for the GM Loyalty bonus? I did some Google searches for GM Loyalty bonus and found that they had a $1000 bonus during President's Day. I also found instances of $500, which wasn't time specific.
I didn't have to ask, my salesperson made we aware of all the incentives and we went down the list to see those of which I qualify. But it doesn't hurt to ask, there is no reason why they wouldn't tell you since it's not money out of the dealers pocket.

I bought my Camaro back in January and at the time it was $500. Now that I think about it, GM at the time also had an incentive for trading in a qualifying competitors vehicle.

As for the Mazda, they had it posted on a bulletin board next to the CX-5 and it caught my attention
Spektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Hoping to get a 2014 2LT/RS this month so I went for a test drive this weekend. I'm smitten. Now, I have a 10 year old truck (2005 GMC Canyon) but I've driven my gf's 2012 Acura TSX and my brother's 2013 Audi A3 so I've got a decent feel for today's new cars. But I have to say, the Camaro really impressed me.

I was worried about sight lines and feeling cramped inside a sports car. I once rode in a 2011 FRS and felt like a sardine. The Camaro was pleasantly roomy. I'm 5'10" and over 200 lbs so I'm not small by any means. The leather seats were incredibly comfortable. I didn't feel cramped at all and felt very comfortable during the actual drive. Once I adjusted the mirrors, sight lines were fine. The rear vision camera is very nice, although I wish it had guidelines like I've seen on other cars. It has a black bar indicating how close objects are to your bumper and there is an audible warning if you were getting close to something.

The V6 was plenty powerful for me, and I intend to use it as a daily driver. I hit 80 mph without much effort. The drive was extremely smooth (took it on surface streets and a freeway), much smoother than I thought it would be for a sports car.

I have to trade in my truck, and unfortunately the highest quote I've been given is $1000 less than I was hoping for (went to a dealership and Carmax). I still should be able to make the numbers work for me if I can negotiate well enough but I'm not going to go over my budget, no matter how much I love this car.
Great to hear you're considering a Camaro! Best of luck and keep us posted on the process .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #21
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Is it a 2LT/RS? Considering a 1LT/RS?
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #22
sstephen17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
Is it a 2LT/RS? Considering a 1LT/RS?
Definitely a 2LT/RS. Primarily for the leather seats but the color HUD and rear vision camera are also nice to have.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #23
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Definitely a 2LT/RS. Primarily for the leather seats but the color HUD and rear vision camera are also nice to have.
I have the 2LT non-RS, and just love it. I wish the dealership would have had the RS, but they did not, and I didn't want to wait to order. But your right, the Leather, HUD, and camera are nice to have, along with all the other things about the camaro...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #24
sstephen17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCamOwner View Post
I have the 2LT non-RS, and just love it. I wish the dealership would have had the RS, but they did not, and I didn't want to wait to order. But your right, the Leather, HUD, and camera are nice to have, along with all the other things about the camaro...
I was very, very impressed by the leather seats. At least on par, if not better than the leather seats on some luxury level cars I've ridden in.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #25
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
If you hang on another 2 weeks or so, Memorial Day is around the corner on May 26th. There should be some incentives you can take advantage of.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #26
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Go for it OP. you're gonna love.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #27
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
I used cash for clunkers in that golden summer of '09
Old 05-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #28
sstephen17

Definitely waiting until at least Memorial Day Weekend. I'm actually going to test drive an FRS this weekend, mainly to tell the Chevy dealers I'm still looking at other cars. But in my heart of hearts, I'm pretty fixated on the Camaro.