Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #71
thechileman

Drives: 2013 Silver SS Convertible
I think the SS is a great choice. Living in Phoenix, perhaps an SS convertible is in order? You can go top down for a large part of the year. Definitely cranks up the fun factor! We have an automatic, and it is my wifes daily driver. A great car.
thechileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #72
Millertime555

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
All I would say is don't forget to check insurance rates. They will be EXTREMELY high as a 19 year old daily driver, especially the ZL1 due to its Supercharging, and the C7 because, well, it's a Corvette. (This is even with being on parents' insurance)
Millertime555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #73
Fastcat3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS manual tranny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
i rode in a vette the other day and a few weeks prior i had driven an SS which was fast. I knew the vette was going to be faster than the camaro but i never expected it to be THAT FAST. Holy shit that thing blew my mind. I mean i have driven a v10 r8 in the past and i honestly think this vette is faster. just a wanted to give you my experience. (the vette was a non-z51)
You apparently have not driven a zl1. I had gone on an extended drive behind the wheel of a zl1 stick to a Chevy dealership where I drove an auto and stick stingray. The salesman kept asking what I thought and really my best answer was that it was nice and had some cool features. It really didn't seem as fast as I had expected it to be. Don't get me wrong.....the stingray is a fast car, but everything is relative. My other car is a C6 stick and my SS seems a lot quicker than that.
Fastcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #74
SAWMILL

Drives: 2014 RS/SS
Keep what you have, save money on insurance, gas and tickets. Lost my drivers license 3 times with a 67 SS when I was young.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #75
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX/ZL1 View Post
Way too young for a Stingray....Get a ZL1 and make some noise!!!
A Stingray will get you laid.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #76
A.VEE.BEE
So Cold!

Drives: Summit White 2015 2SS
Stingray. All day!!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #77
BlairW07

Drives: 2013 Ray Blue 2SS/RS
My grandfather bought the stingray earlier this year and I had a chance to drive it, sadly it makes me want to give my SS away. If it were me I'd go with the vette, the automatic in it is amazing.

"Be so good they can't ignore you"
BlairW07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #78
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
I for one love the C7 Stingray, but not as a daily driver. Use the V6 as a daily driver.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #79
blahzay

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDave View Post
Y when a kid ask a crazy question like this us older guys jump on it with all this good advice. I not buying into it. I think it's BS.

I was thinking the same thing being that the OP first stated they were single and then stated they were in a relationship. Lol. I mean its not huge but that there just seems a bit suspect.

Just saying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
So, as of right now I have a 2014 2LS that I got some months ago. I'm got the means financially to upgrade to either one of the cars listed in the title but I'm torn.

This car WILL be my daily driver, so I need some opinions on what to go with. I was going to wait until the 16's come out to see the SS and ZL1 and see if I want to upgrade to one of those, I haven't done much research on the Stingray but I LOVE the look, I love the car. One downside, I don't know how to drive stick, don't make fun of me xD

Anyways, what would you guys go with? It'll be a daily driver and I'm 19, single with no kids, lol. All opinions and suggestions I would love to hear, I'm just torn.
Quote:
I'm currently attending ASU and majoring in Forensics and Criminology, my school is already fully paid off by my mother. Also living with my girlfriend in our own house in Scottsdale. So all that is already taken care of, that's the only reason I'm thinking about the upgrade.
Quote:
I don't live at home anymore, me and my girlfriend of 3 years have our own house, and school is already paid off, this is the only reason I'm even considering an upgrade.
blahzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:20 PM   #80
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Congrats on the rich parents dude!!! You are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #81
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Congrats on the rich parents dude!!! You are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol thanks I suppose, I mean it's not me with the money but my parents.

Big thing just happened last night, I was driving along the 101 highway and they're having huge construction along the side and were jack hammering things and rocks flew everywhere and hit my car, the windshield has a ton of rock chips and so does my hood, front bumper, mirrors and sides of the car, I went to Chapman body shop, and 1st class collisions here in AZ and got quoted for about 6k in damage because they'll have to sand down and repaint if I want the rock chips completely gone.

I called our insurance company and I'm filing a claim and going to get it fixed, both body shops want to repaint the entire car which scares me, and I'll be without my Camaro for a good week or two :/
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #82
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahzay View Post
I was thinking the same thing being that the OP first stated they were single and then stated they were in a relationship. Lol. I mean its not huge but that there just seems a bit suspect.

Just saying....
Ah, by single I meant not married. Technically when you fill out paper work if you're not married, it's classified as "Single" so yeah.

Not sure why I need to prove myself to anyone anyways
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:15 AM   #83
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
So, as of right now I have a 2014 2LS that I got some months ago. I'm got the means financially to upgrade to either one of the cars listed in the title but I'm torn.

This car WILL be my daily driver, so I need some opinions on what to go with. I was going to wait until the 16's come out to see the SS and ZL1 and see if I want to upgrade to one of those, I haven't done much research on the Stingray but I LOVE the look, I love the car. One downside, I don't know how to drive stick, don't make fun of me xD

Anyways, what would you guys go with? It'll be a daily driver and I'm 19, single with no kids, lol. All opinions and suggestions I would love to hear, I'm just torn.

Well each of the cars you mentioned are dangerous and considering your age I'd get the Stingray. Life must be lived to the fullest degree as much as possible. Driving stick is easy too so DO IT!
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:45 AM   #84
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
I think we're all assuming by SS you mean Camaro SS...right? Not a Chevrolet SS (sedan). Also, anyone who hasn't been to Scottsdale, AZ doesn't realize how much of a car culture there is in that area! M-B, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Bentley, just crazy expensive bling everywhere you look! The OP lives a completely different lifestyle than most of us and good for him. A new Corvette Stingray is "nothing" in Scottsdale. Other than asking for first hand experience from people who have driven/owned all three Camaro SS, Camaro ZL1 and C7 as daily drivers, I don't know what any of us can say other than - lucky bastard !

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote