Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
atxcamaross

Drives: '10 Camaro SS CGM
Rear camber still off after camber bolts

I have the Bmr lowering springs I believe 1" drop
When I installed 15" kit which uses stock modified control arms and adjustable trailing arms
My alignment guy said he could only get the rear camber to about -1 maxed out with the new eccentric camber bolts but then the tow was off/out so with the toe set correct my camber is at -1.75
I was hoping to get my camber at 0 and I've seen many able to get to 0 with the aftermarket eccentric bolts even lowered as much as 2" such as in this thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...Lowered+camber

Is there any way to adjust the toe after you get the camber set?
atxcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Your tech didn't know how to use them. The toe and camber in the rear act just like an A arm. They fight each other. He had to put the toe eccentrics in a neutral position, where the eccentric does not touch the alignment 'fences' on either side, and adjust camber first.

Print this post and this page. http://www.jpssonline.com/the-book-f...-2010-camaro-2

Go back and have it redone. Tell him he can send me $100 for schooling him ;-)
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:49 PM   #3
atxcamaross

He said the max he could get the camber was about -1 with the aftermarket eccentric bolts but then the toe was way too far off
Old 07-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcamaross View Post
He said the max he could get the camber was about -1 with the aftermarket eccentric bolts but then the toe was way too far off
I understand that. He said that because he wasn't following the right procedure or maybe ha had the wrong parts? What after market eccentric did you give him to use? Can you post a picture or a link?
Old 07-14-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
atxcamaross

I bought the Bmr can eccentric bolts

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...productid=1576
Old 07-14-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
JusticePete

They are a copy of my bolts first done for the G8 so the should work. The tech needs to read my instructions and realign your car.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #7
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Damn Pete, why can't your shop be in Arizona!!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #8
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Damn Pete, why can't your shop be in Arizona!!
Make plans to come East and enjoy the Bucket List Tracks. We complete your build and you leave you car with us for a few months. We haul it to VIR, NCM, Road Atlanta and Road America. You run four Bucket List Tracks and then head home. Live like the ultra rich on a modest budget where you fly in, drive and fly out. If you don't have a trailer, no worries, we do
Old 07-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #9
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Make plans to come East and enjoy the Bucket List Tracks. We complete your build and you leave you car with us for a few months. We haul it to VIR, NCM, Road Atlanta and Road America. You run four Bucket List Tracks and then head home. Live like the ultra rich on a modest budget where you fly in, drive and fly out. If you don't have a trailer, no worries, we do
Sounds like an awesome way to get your build done, and run some great tracks with your new build! Tempting...

Still trying to figure out how far I want to take the Camaro. I'm fortunate that it"s not a DD, but right now I want to keep it a comfortable weekend cruiser, as well as a capable track car. I'm still just running in HPDE 2, but pushing to get to HPDE 4 by this time next year. The car has been performing great, considering my skill level, but I'm working on improving oil cooling and brakes for the Fall season. Your builds look incredible, your experience and reputation impressive, and if I decide to make the car a more track orientated monster, you'd definitely be the shop I'd feel comfortable going with. For the time being, like others on the forum, I'll freely feed off your advice, and appreciate you for it..
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #10
JusticePete

Thank you for the kind word Olddudesrule.

Update. We are checking the modified lower control arms to see if they may be the source of the camber issue.

EDIT: I should say we are working with the OP to verify the length of the modified LCAs.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #11
atxcamaross

Sorry I don't want to unbolt the arms for fear of screwing my alignment up. How about I just measure center to center as best I can?
Old 07-17-2016, 10:22 AM   #12
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcamaross View Post
Sorry I don't want to unbolt the arms for fear of screwing my alignment up. How about I just measure center to center as best I can?
It is worth a try.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:13 PM   #13
atxcamaross

Ok center to center was a hair unde 20" as well. I'd say 19 15/16"
Old 07-18-2016, 07:05 AM   #14
JusticePete

That is close. Have the alignment tech elongate the sub-frame slots.