Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
Reix

Drives: Camaro 2SS '10
Best way to pull my headlight back out?

Some uninsured idiot hit me a week back, he destroyed my front driver frame area, my bumper and smashed in my headlight. I'm getting a new bumper already, I tried pulling the headlight back into position it looks a ton better but it's not fitting in there exactly how I want it to look. I want it to fit snug.

I've never done any body work on a vehicle, and I was wondering if any of you guys out there have some tips or any idea on how to pull it back into position?
I have been using the claw end of a hammer to pull the headlight back into placec lol. Any better ideas?
Reix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:20 PM   #2
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Use the claw end of the hammer on the person that backed into you. Did they at least stick around to talk to you? Or did they hit and run? I have no real suggestions sorry
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
I would use my Comp insurance to take care of that . That's what its' for .
Old 08-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #4
Reix

Drives: Camaro 2SS '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
Use the claw end of the hammer on the person that backed into you. Did they at least stick around to talk to you? Or did they hit and run? I have no real suggestions sorry
Yes, he wasn't covered until 4 days after the crash. And I don't have uninsured motorists on my plan. I literally was thinking about destroying his vehicle the same way he did mine. lol
Reix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #5
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
That sucks.
But you will have to take the front bumper off to do it right. Most likely the headlight is busted though
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #6
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Yeah, tabs are going to be broken on the headlight, you MIGHT be able to find a repair kit with new tabs, but most headlights don't have those anymore. Also the fender horn or radiator support or whatever Chevy calls it is probably damaged, too.
Looks like insurance is your best bet to get it fixed, else it's just going to look like you're driving a damaged car.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #7
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
You should pull the front bumper off. It's pretty simple to do just remember to unplug all the lights before you actually remove the bumper. Again, it is pretty simple to do. Good luck
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote