Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
smokay

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT V6 Manual
Talking **next Mods over HP gains. Help Please

I drive 2011 Camaro v6.
So far I have Injen CAI, MRT v2, and Megan Racing coilovers.

I am a car noooob idiot and really do not know much about what my next mods should be.

So here are my questions.

1. Headers. So far, the BBK LT headers + X pipes seem to be the best hp+ headers I have seen. Is there any other good ones out there????? if yes, how much hp+ ???

2. E85. Is this really worth it?? Won't I be wasting too much gas.... ?? my camaro is a daily drive car

3. Gear Upgrade to 3.73. Would this upgrade be a "smart" choice for now? Other than turbo kits, is there any other recommendation of mods that would increase a decent amount of hp+ ??

Thank you so much guys.
!!! help

smokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
LT header will give you the most HP. but you probably will get a ck engine light, a tune would fix that and give you some more HP, Trifeca tune gives roughly 13hp and although it may not be that much with lt headers. bbk or AR are good

a Throttle body is cheap 150 from VMax gives about 5hp but has gotten rid of the lag at 2-3k rpms

E85- hit up Bmorecam he was one of the first and has exp with it he can tell more

gears will not give you hp but will increase the torque you lost I thing roughly 40lbs of torque gain

good luck
Old 10-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
smokay

hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
LT header will give you the most HP. but you probably will get a ck engine light, a tune would fix that and give you some more HP, Trifeca tune gives roughly 13hp and although it may not be that much with lt headers. bbk or AR are good

a Throttle body is cheap 150 from VMax gives about 5hp but has gotten rid of the lag at 2-3k rpms

E85- hit up Bmorecam he was one of the first and has exp with it he can tell more

gears will not give you hp but will increase the torque you lost I thing roughly 40lbs of torque gain

good luck

thank you for ur reply.

When I get the headers, Im pretty sure it will take another 3 months to save the money for Trifecta tune. Would it be okay to run around with Headers with engine lights on for 3 months tho??

Old 10-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
I don't think it'd be a good idea to run with an engine light on for 3 months. The reason the light comes on is because the headers change the way the engine needs to be tuned to run correctly.

Any chance you could post a video of your exhaust? I have the Injen as well, and am thinking about adding the MRT V2.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
you can run LT headers without a tune, it won't do any harm. You just aren't getting the most out of them. The CEL is from the O2 sensors not reading correctly (due to being moved back more).
Old 10-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
you can run LT headers without a tune, it won't do any harm. You just aren't getting the most out of them. The CEL is from the O2 sensors not reading correctly (due to being moved back more).
exactly
Old 10-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #7
smokay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogster View Post
I don't think it'd be a good idea to run with an engine light on for 3 months. The reason the light comes on is because the headers change the way the engine needs to be tuned to run correctly.

Any chance you could post a video of your exhaust? I have the Injen as well, and am thinking about adding the MRT V2.

Of course, bro.
I'll post the video as soon as possible.

btw, the MRT v2 is very good. it won't disappointe u for sure.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:08 AM   #8
smokay

aaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post

Oh.. i see.
Thank you for your response.
From what i remmber, this Trifecta costs around 700 bucks..... I still think thats too much tho... just for the air control.

Thanks for the help!

Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 AM   #9
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokay View Post
Oh.. i see.
Thank you for your response.
From what i remmber, this Trifecta costs around 700 bucks..... I still think thats too much tho... just for the air control.

Thanks for the help!
Smokay - the tune is 600 if you keep the cable or 400 with returning the cable. I would keep it since you never know when you might want some more profound tunes (have a 87 oct and 93 oct). BBK headers are good. MRT V2 is good. Injen is good. The tune isn't for air control though. The a tune in my case was to help correct the AFR and spark retard issues that was causing lost hp. I didn't get a CE light but I had ARH headers which are quite a bit more than the BBKs.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
smokay

as for headers...

Also, as for the headers...

I have been doing some research and realized that there are many great headers offered for Camaro v6.

And two of them that are stuck in my head are

BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

&

ARH Long Tube Headers 1 3/4" Primaries 2 1/2" Collector 2 1/2" X-pipe (With Cats) Long System To Rear Axle

The price difference between these two products are big....
That's why I cant really decide which one to go for...

Does any one know which one should put more horsepower than the other??
Any Before & After Dynos or Videos??

Thank you!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Gains should be comparable. OBX is another option for less money if you can go cat delete. If not I would get BBK for the money. I am not knocking ARH just about the same gains for the same money. Exhaust note might be different, not sure.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
Cj0n3s12

Drives: 2012 RS 1LT
How do the MRT v2 sound? Just ordered some the other day and should have them monday. Nice deep throttle sound? not much drone?
Cj0n3s12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #13
Gotee7

Drives: 2011 Black 2LT/RS A6
They have a little drone 2000-3000 rpms but not unbearable. They sound awesome, especially when stomping on the gas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Yea for the v6 LT headers are a must the sound is awesome and the HP and Tq gains are very noticeable Especially the tq gain down low. It makes spining the rear wheels of the line easy

Mods on SS Are a vararam tuned Cai and strait pipes Mods on v6 Are a K&N Cai With washer bottle deleted BBK LT with high flow cats and muffler delete

If its not Loud its not a muscle car
Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro v6, gear upgrade, intake, mods, trifecta