Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 12-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
Help with my quarter Mile.

Hi All, I never thought I would ever go to the track to get a quarter mile time because I drive a 2010 2lt V6 Manual, its not a v8. But My awesome mom bought me a sick stock car racing christmas gift at the poconos. So i figure once im done driving a 600hp stock car for 4 hours then i might as well do a quarter mile in the camaro while im there. By then I will finally have slapped on my varaham intake thats been in the box for months.So what im asking is for two things please give me advice and tips on getting a lower quarter mile with a stick car, ive never raced before and whats a descent average time stock v6 camaros are getting. So I know what to aim for thanks!!
nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Checkout the drag racing subforum. There's tons of good information in there.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Don't drive through the water box, go around and if you have stock tires on and feel the need to do a burnout back in. Redline is 7k rpms. Don't be afraid to get it close but if you hit it you're into the rev limiter which kills the run. Tires air pressure should be at least 40 on fronts and I don't know what they're taking the rear stocks down to. Turn the traction control off. I've tried a few different ways to launch this car and my best times so far has been to rev to about 2000rpms and when the last yellow flashes pop the clutch out and power through the little chirp. I have drag radials. This may be a recipe for disaster for you as I don't think the stock tires will grab after the little chirp I get. So practice and have fun, and see what works best for you.
Most don't want you to do the burnout past the start line.
There's 2 yellow bulbs at the top of the "Christmas tree" on each side. They are lit when the tire breaks the light beams at the start line. Courtesy is to go in until you light the first and wait for your opponent to do the same before you inch forward and light the second.
Oh and have fun.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickruta View Post
Hi All, I never thought I would ever go to the track to get a quarter mile time because I drive a 2010 2lt V6 Manual, its not a v8. But My awesome mom bought me a sick stock car racing christmas gift at the poconos. So i figure once im done driving a 600hp stock car for 4 hours then i might as well do a quarter mile in the camaro while im there. By then I will finally have slapped on my varaham intake thats been in the box for months.So what im asking is for two things please give me advice and tips on getting a lower quarter mile with a stick car, ive never raced before and whats a descent average time stock v6 camaros are getting. So I know what to aim for thanks!!
There is no drag strip in the poconos. Sorry.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
camarochris1974

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs sim
Send a message via AIM to camarochris1974
GO TO ATCO THEY RUN TUESDAY,THURSDAY AND FRIDAY AND ON WEEKENDS
camarochris1974 is offline   Reply With Quote