Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
Smile Finally got to drive one!!!

First sorry no pic's they surprised me. Ok, thanks to Bale Chevrolet in Little Rock for giving me this opportunity to drive this beast. I got an e-mail from Brooke (My Order Manager and my new best friend) that her first Black 2SS/RS had come in and if I wanted to see it come on down. After work I stopped by just as the owner came rolling up. The lucky new owner was the dealerships owner’s son. I walked up as he got out and Brooke told him I had one on order. I asked him if I could sit in it and he just tossed me the keys. I said heck yea but OMG !!! I was so nervous since I haven’t driven a stick since my 4 banger Isuzu pick-up 8 years ago. I jumped in and thanks to this site I knew where everything was situated, Thanks guys. I started it and eased my way out of the lot with no problem and within minutes it was as if I had been driving it for months. The gears are smooth and the clutch was very forgiving. I’m 6’ and weight 210 and everything was situated perfectly but as has been mentioned on here many times before the visibility takes some getting used to since I’m used to glancing over my shoulder to change lanes. That is a habit I will have to get over because it’s useless in this car. My pulse was racing and I couldn’t wait to get away from the dealership. I hadn’t gone 2 blocks when the first guy pulled alongside me and started asking questions and taking phone pic’s. My first thoughts were where are the other pony cars so that I can show them that their time is up and a new bad a$$ is on the block.
I waited at the entrance to the long on ramp to the freeway so that the rest of the cars could clear and then I jumped on the gas. It took off like a rocket. It was so much fun just to feel my body being pushed back in the seat like a fighter plane on a roll out. I wanted to really get her going but since it was rush hour (and not my car) I took it kinda easy. After a quick and smooth run down the freeway I pulled off and prepared to return back the dealer and there she was, a new bright orange Challenger R/T Going my way. It was what I had been looking for. You could see the guy adjust his mirror to get a better look at the future king of the road pulling up behind him. He punched it after the light turned green and he and I roared up the on ramp. It was so sweet, he tried to out run me but it was no use, I had his number and he knew it but when I passed him he gave me a big smile and a thumbs up. I didn’t want to return the car but I knew I had to before the Cops came looking for me.
The car was nothing less but effortless, sexy power and so much fun to drive. I can’t wait for my Rally Yellow 2SS/RS to arrive sometime in June, so I’m told. Guys forget all the nay saying and whining, this car will be WELL worth the wait. Oh by the way the guy who let me drive his car is HUGE and no problems driving comfortably this BEAUTIFUL muscle car.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Wow... That's really nice of the guy to let you drive his personal car. Very cool.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Nice right up...I think you are the first member to officially dust a Chally...Congrats!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
The guy was great he totally shocked me when he tossed me the keys. He said it was just a car. I almost died.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Thanks for the review!! Cool!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
nimnels

Drives: On the lot
ha ha show em who is new in town. and the chally driver sounds pretty cool even though he got his shit kicked.
nimnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Awesome story! I was on the edge of my seat as I read about you and the Challenger. VERY encouraging writeup. Thanks much, Chris!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
bennettag10
me like fast cars

Drives: 2500 Silverado, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock View Post
The guy was great he totally shocked me when he tossed me the keys. He said it was just a car. I almost died.
WTF?????????

2SS. R/S. CGM. 6 Speed Manual. Grey Interior. Polished 20s.
bennettag10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Nice. Great story. You should send it to Hot Rod Magazine, see if they bite.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
HOW WAS THE STEERING FEEL. im a little worried after motortrend basically raped the camaro in todays article....they called it numb
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
lmaoo i cant believe you punched it hahah that was very nice of the guy, i would never do it. Great write up, i want to do a few mods so i can give chally rts a run for their money in my v6!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
the steering, when i drove it felt similar to the 05 Mustang and up i would say.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #13
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
the steering, when i drove it felt similar to the 05 Mustang and up i would say.
what if havent driven an 05 mustang
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #14
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettag10 View Post
WTF?????????
Dealers son. He will get a new one next year.
redjewel is offline   Reply With Quote