Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #351
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
As what I've read before, they didn't change ZL1's front fascia so that it's going to look different from the others. My take is that the look of the ZL1 (or old camaros) are more aggressive looking than the new one. Also I don't like the fact that you can see all the tubes and whatnot under the car when you're driving behind it. This is just my opinion. I don't hate it... I just don't like how it looks especially the rear tail lights. Then again, it's still a camaro so I will support it no matter what.

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #352
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post

Featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE

Here's a first look at the 2014 ZL1 (coupe and convertible), as well as the 1LE.

The 1LE gets the facelifted SS RS front and rear bumpers, while also receiving the new hood vents and maintaining the all-black hood look. These photos also show the new 1LE trunk spoiler, which looks to be shared with the ZL1.

The ZL1 will retain its front fascia design, while incorporating the new facelifted rear design.

Attachment 504704

Attachment 504705

Attachment 504706

Attachment 504707

Attachment 504708

Attachment 504709

Attachment 504710

Attachment 504711

Attachment 504712

Attachment 504713

Attachment 504714

Attachment 504715

Attachment 504716

Attachment 504717

Attachment 504718

Attachment 504719
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #353
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
The headlights kinda look like the nascar sticker ones.
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #354
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Still horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
The new front works pretty good with silver. The new hood vent definitely looks better with the flat black hood. The ZL1 looks strange with the current aggressive-looking front and then the so-plain 2014 back.

The new rear spoiler looks kind of nice. Would be interesting to know just how much aerodynamic effect it actually has compared to the old spoiler.

So far on every car, every color, every picture I've seen of the new 2014 back I cringe when I see it. I WANT it to be exciting and good but unfortunately it just isn't. I hope they do something good with the 6th gen design.

Agreed 100%,
not too mention I cant help but be reminded of all the GM REPS on here repeating over and over in self designed sales pitches when this car was launched with these lights to "give it time they will work on you" and "trust me when you see them in person it will change" I call BS on that hot air!! They Suck plain and simple, the boxed lights suck, and we shouldnt have to have a part of a car "work on us" over time to achieve an acceptable look or spark of interest you get from first sight when you nailed a design. When I look at an exotic it doesnt take me months or have to "see it in person" to able to tell if it makes my heart race or not. The notion of "giving it time" to "come around" is beyond stupid and a sorry attempt to cover the backlash of botched design flaw. Hope fully your payin attention GM and your pencils and clay are hard at work as we speak.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #355
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post

Agreed 100%,
not too mention I cant help but be reminded of all the GM REPS on here repeating over and over in self designed sales pitches when this car was launched with these lights to "give it time they will work on you" and "trust me when you see them in person it will change" I call BS on that hot air!! They Suck plain and simple, the boxed lights suck, and we shouldnt have to have a part of a car "work on us" over time to achieve an acceptable look or spark of interest you get from first sight when you nailed a design. When I look at an exotic it doesnt take me months or have to "see it in person" to able to tell if it makes my heart race or not. The notion of "giving it time" to "come around" is beyond stupid and a sorry attempt to cover the backlash of botched design flaw. Hope fully your payin attention GM and your pencils and clay are hard at work as we speak.
When i first saw the 2014 i didnt like them. Luckly im close to NY so i drove up there to see it in person at the auto show. Once i saw it in person i liked them. I still prefer the 10-13 rear end but i no longer hate the back of the 14s. On my way home i was on the phone with the dealership asking when i can order one.
Point is not every one is going to care for everything they change or add but in the end its still a Camaro.
We need to show respect (or at lease be and adult) to the people that put there time and effort into designing them. We may not care for it but i think we are all old enough not to be hate full.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #356
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post

Agreed 100%,
Remember how we were supposed to let the '13 new wheel design grow on us? For me it never did.