Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-16-2017, 05:40 PM   #141
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlineviper View Post
It's too bad your not closer to Orlando, I would give you a real world acceleration comparison. How many supercharged cars with stock motors are running 150mph in the quarter?if I wanted to et well I would just throw a converter in, but it's not a drag car........yet.
No I am not doubting the crazy boost pulls at all, I was only asking the question because the thread is speaking of 1/4 mile times. I see big money street 1/4 and 1/8 mile street racing almost seven days a week down here and honestly I be pulling for many of my turbo friends but most of the time they are losing the big money constantly, out on the interstate the turbo cars are crazy fast, but most of the time they are struggling on the short 1/8 and 1/4 mile runs. I was just wanting to be educated between the two for this type of racing.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #142
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
I've got some very quick ZL's that run the 1/4 in the 9's that are PD Blowers, also my best friend and I also have a turbo SS that is super quick that we run in both the 1/8 and 1/4 it run some very low 5's in the 1/8 with Garrett turbos on a built LS RHS Block. Yes it's almost impossible to get a turbo to 60' on a stock or low stall converter. I can't speak on everyone's setup, but don't be mislead thinking all turbo cars are slower in the 1/8th than PD Blower with the right setup.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #143
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
No I am not doubting the crazy boost pulls at all, I was only asking the question because the thread is speaking of 1/4 mile times. I see big money street 1/4 and 1/8 mile street racing almost seven days a week down here and honestly I be pulling for many of my turbo friends but most of the time they are losing the big money constantly, out on the interstate the turbo cars are crazy fast, but most of the time they are struggling on the short 1/8 and 1/4 mile runs. I was just wanting to be educated between the two for this type of racing.
I think Dega hit the nail on the head. It all about setup. What size turbos are you buddies running? Are their car setup drag? Many variables. It definately can be a bit more complicated considering all the different possible turbo setups available with a given turbo kit.

A lot of people buy huge turbos that are way larger than they ever need. I don't know whether it's wishful thinking or bragging rights, but in some cases it gets you beat. Lol. Big turbos on stock cubes for the 1/4 or 1/8 mile without any 2 step will get you beat. Even if you pull the same dyno numbers.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:43 PM   #144
Ls1408cp

Drives: 14 1le turbo
A lot of these cars are manuals and don't seem to go to the track much. Pd blower makes power off idle almost by the time you port them add cold air and exhaust the cost add up. Hopefully my 4l80 swap runs mid nines easy. I finally got the heads and they came in beat up. Since every agp owner is in here where's a good place to sell this plenum and s261 1.25 housings?
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #145
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
I've got some very quick ZL's that run the 1/4 in the 9's that are PD Blowers, also my best friend and I also have a turbo SS that is super quick that we run in both the 1/8 and 1/4 it run some very low 5's in the 1/8 with Garrett turbos on a built LS RHS Block. Yes it's almost impossible to get a turbo to 60' on a stock or low stall converter. I can't speak on everyone's setup, but don't be mislead thinking all turbo cars are slower in the 1/8th than PD Blower with the right setup.
Exactly. Turbo car with a trans brake will lift the wheels on the launch. I think it's important to point out that we have a bunch of 9sec full weight cars with no n2o that aren't even dedicated drag cars. They are all around fast cars that get to 200mph darn quick and can run 9's super easy without even a trans brake. Just a stall and a bunch of power.

We make more hp on 100% stock LS3 than a TVS2300 can make on a $25,000 LSX
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #146
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
A turbo car without a stall or trans brake is kinda like a supercharged car without an intake and headers; faster than stock but not fully optimized. Fair enough?
Old 08-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #147
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
So ,is are turbo cars better with automatics the 6spds ??
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #148
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
A turbo car without a stall or trans brake is kinda like a supercharged car without an intake and headers; faster than stock but not fully optimized. Fair enough?
That's pretty accurate for launching which is what this thread is about (1/4 mile times).
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #149
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 2013 Camaro TT LS3
These definitely are heavy ass cars and the auto tranny has an advantage for consistency and "ease" off the line. Swapping in some good rear (and front) suspension components on a manual will make for better 60's (COPO front struts, rear drag coilovers, slicks, clutch, etc.). These 5th Gen Camaros aren't the best for drag racing as their weight hinders, but they're still fun.

825WHP / 835WTQ at 13.7psi on E85 10.8sec@129mph DA 7,724ft at 14psi boost on SBE
AGP 56/61 TT | BTR Turbo Stage III cam | AEM TruBoost | n2mb WOT | ID-1000s | NGK BR7EF | DSX Flex Fuel Sensor | LPE
Twin Fuel | KB BAP | Monster LT1-S Triple | 3.25 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates

LSX427 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR TT Custom Grind cam | ID-1700x | AGP Triple Fuel | (build almost complete) | target >1,200rwhp
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #150
Scotty D

I drive my 1LE daily!! Just want to have fun on the highways, stop light fun and spirited driving .. So ,u guys think Twins are for me ?
Old 08-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #151
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I drive my 1LE daily!! Just want to have fun on the highways, stop light fun and spirited driving .. So ,u guys think Twins are for me ?
Unequivocally, absolutely, positively, affirmatively, certainly, indeed, and in all other ways, shapes, forms, iterations - YES.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #152
Scotty D

Lol nice !!
Old 08-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #153
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Unequivocally, absolutely, positively, affirmatively, certainly, indeed, and in all other ways, shapes, forms, iterations - YES.
What he said!!
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:17 PM   #154
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
So is that a yes or a no?

We make more hp on 100% stock LS3 than a TVS2300 can make on a $25,000 LSX
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote