Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #1
2012CamaroGuy

Drives: Silver 3.6 v6
P2272 code

I have a 2012 Camaro RS. 3.6 V6
It sounds really rough and was giving CEL with codes 2099 and 2272.

I have cleaned the MAF, changed the O2 sensors, cleaned the throttle body, new air filter and new spark plugs.

The passenger side plugs looked fine. The driver side plugs and sensors were grey. I can't find a vacuum Leak.
The pcv hose is tight and the hose that runs on the to of the engine is tight as well.

Now it only goes to a 2272 code. I switched the coils from one side to the other side of the engine and still same condition. The intake gaskets show no sign of leaks from the tests I tried.

Anybody have any clues of what to check? I've got an appointment to put it in the shop on Tuesday but would love to have it fixed before then. Thanks.
2012CamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:23 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
The causes for this DTC may include: Exhaust leak near O2 sensor. Contaminated or failed HO2S2 (Sensor 2). HO2S2 wiring/circuit problem. Loose installation of HO2S2. Fuel pressure incorrect. Faulty fuel injector. Engine coolant leak. Faulty purge solenoid valve or the PCM has failed.

How many miles on the car? This code usually would not cause rough running.
Sounds like you've ruled out alot of these concerns. Perhaps it would be less expensive to buy a new OE 02 sensor and replace it yourself (passenger side).

Good luck and keep us posted.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote