Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
mrdean3

Drives: Ewa (pronounced Eva)
Wrecked her, front end replacement question...

So, the inevitable happened. I've been driving for almost seven years and have never had an accident, until yesterday. I fell asleep at the wheel while in traffic and hit the guy in front of me. The front end and grill needs to be replaced, so I have a question. Ewa (pronounced Eva) - my car - is a 2LT. I love the 2LT's bottom half of the front, but I miss the scoop that's on the 2SS. Is there anywhere where I can purchase a 2LT front end, with the scoop? We have friends that own a body shop, so all that's taken care of, I was just curious if there was a place a could purchase that, or if it even exists yet. Thanks in advance guys!

mrdean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdean3 View Post
So, the inevitable happened. I've been driving for almost seven years and have never had an accident, until yesterday. I fell asleep at the wheel while in traffic and hit the guy in front of me. The front end and grill needs to be replaced, so I have a question. Ewa (pronounced Eva) - my car - is a 2LT. I love the 2LT's bottom half of the front, but I miss the scoop that's on the 2SS. Is there anywhere where I can purchase a 2LT front end, with the scoop? We have friends that own a body shop, so all that's taken care of, I was just curious if there was a place a could purchase that, or if it even exists yet. Thanks in advance guys!
Maybe if you find someone with a wrecked SS you can get the scoop off theirs and have your body shop graft it into a V6 nose.. other than that i don't see any way to have the SS scoop and the V6 lower portion.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
You can put the SS cover on your 2LT. Order the parts from the dealer or GM direct. Theres a couple threads on how to do. I am having mine done in two weeks. parts, labour and paint your looking at about $1,000
Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
You can put the SS cover on your 2LT. Order the parts from the dealer or GM direct. Theres a couple threads on how to do. I am having mine done in two weeks. parts, labour and paint your looking at about $1,000
Yeah but he was asking about keeping the V6 Lower portion, all he wants is the Mailslot...

Quote:
I love the 2LT's bottom half of the front, but I miss the scoop that's on the 2SS. Is there anywhere where I can purchase a 2LT front end, with the scoop?