Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
Guinness2
 
Guinness2's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS RS 1LE Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sunny S. Fla
Posts: 64
Aftermarket alternator options

Who makes aftermarket high output alternators for 5th Gen Camaro SS's ?
__________________
2014 1SS/RS 1LE, Summit White
2000 Trans Am
2004 LWB Chevy 2500 Van
Guinness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:07 PM   #2
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club
 
Snoman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,233
Hmm, I know this one but need to verify two sources. I'm looking for a 400a currently
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
Guinness2
 
Guinness2's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS RS 1LE Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sunny S. Fla
Posts: 64
Aftermarket alternator options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Hmm, I know this one but need to verify two sources. I'm looking for a 400a currently


So far all I have is Singer. Seems to be good. I'm waiting on some answers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 1SS/RS 1LE, Summit White
2000 Trans Am
2004 LWB Chevy 2500 Van
Guinness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #4
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club
 
Snoman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,233
Top 4 aftermarket Alternator sources:

#1 - Custom Electric Service, Inc
Highest rated customer service, price, performance and reliability, period.
Jonathan Patrick
5530 Old Brecksville Rd (1,087.67 mi)
Independence, Ohio 44131
(216) 524-9576
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CustomElectricService/



#2 - JS Alternators
Well known within the audio community, highly revered.

www.Js-Alternators.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JsAlternators/



#3 - Ohio Generator
Invented the "aftermarket Alternator" industry single handedly. Extremely high quality
134 N Chapel St (1,078.14 mi)
Louisville, Ohio 44641
(330) 875-6677
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OHIOGEN/



#4 - Singer

Highly respected industry leader
www.singeralternators.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SingerAlternators/
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
Guinness2
 
Guinness2's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS RS 1LE Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sunny S. Fla
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Hmm, I know this one but need to verify two sources. I'm looking for a 400a currently
What do you have that requires that much current, smells like class a/b
__________________
2014 1SS/RS 1LE, Summit White
2000 Trans Am
2004 LWB Chevy 2500 Van
Guinness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #6
Guinness2
 
Guinness2's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS RS 1LE Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sunny S. Fla
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Top 4 aftermarket Alternator sources:

#1 - Custom Electric Service, Inc
Highest rated customer service, price, performance and reliability, period.
Jonathan Patrick
5530 Old Brecksville Rd (1,087.67 mi)
Independence, Ohio 44131
(216) 524-9576
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CustomElectricService/



#2 - JS Alternators
Well known within the audio community, highly revered.

www.Js-Alternators.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JsAlternators/



#3 - Ohio Generator
Invented the "aftermarket Alternator" industry single handedly. Extremely high quality
134 N Chapel St (1,078.14 mi)
Louisville, Ohio 44641
(330) 875-6677
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OHIOGEN/



#4 - Singer

Highly respected industry leader
www.singeralternators.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SingerAlternators/
Thanks for the info. I've contacted all 4 now
__________________
2014 1SS/RS 1LE, Summit White
2000 Trans Am
2004 LWB Chevy 2500 Van
Guinness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #7
Guinness2
 
Guinness2's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS RS 1LE Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sunny S. Fla
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Hmm, I know this one but need to verify two sources. I'm looking for a 400a currently
I ended up buying a Large Case 370A from Custom Electric Service. They seem to be well respected so I bought it.
__________________
2014 1SS/RS 1LE, Summit White
2000 Trans Am
2004 LWB Chevy 2500 Van
Guinness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #8
Guinness2
 
Guinness2's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS RS 1LE Summit White
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sunny S. Fla
Posts: 64
It seems like it should bolt up just fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 1SS/RS 1LE, Summit White
2000 Trans Am
2004 LWB Chevy 2500 Van
Guinness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:02 AM   #9
Alfdawg
 
Drives: 2014 camaro ss
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southfield Michigan
Posts: 51
Did you have it installed yet? If so can you post pics. And by the computer controlling the voltage would that affect the high output alternator?
Alfdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:11 AM   #10
ZEN357
 
ZEN357's Avatar
 
Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wheeling, WV
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2 View Post
Who makes aftermarket high output alternators for 5th Gen Camaro SS's ?
220 amp

https://www.jegs.com/i/Powermaster/7...791+4294829509
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.