Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-19-2020, 06:34 AM   #15
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
It would be much more exciting if the only team people allowed were the driver, the crew chief, and the spotter. The driver must pit his own car...fuel it, jack it, change tires, make adjustments. Crew chief's only function would be to prepare tires for next stop, fill fuel cans, re-attach driver's window net after stop. Then we will see who the real racer's are!

I wonder how many of today's drivers have ever changed a tire on a passenger car? I miss the days when Busch series stars like Elton Sawyer drove a car on Saturday and changed tires on Junior Johnson's Cup car on Sunday.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:25 AM   #16
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yeah, its back. Didn't think it would be the case, but it's even more boring than I remember.
Lol, watch out for incoming!!!

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:33 PM   #17
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
It would be much more exciting if the only team people allowed were the driver, the crew chief, and the spotter. The driver must pit his own car...fuel it, jack it, change tires, make adjustments. Crew chief's only function would be to prepare tires for next stop, fill fuel cans, re-attach driver's window net after stop. Then we will see who the real racer's are!

I wonder how many of today's drivers have ever changed a tire on a passenger car? I miss the days when Busch series stars like Elton Sawyer drove a car on Saturday and changed tires on Junior Johnson's Cup car on Sunday.
As a NASCAR fan, I can confidently say you simply don't understand what it takes to make a car competitive during a race in the modern world. The driver, crew chief, pit crew, and spotter all have specific jobs they need to focus on. NASCAR is a team sport and each second during the entire race is crucial. If a tire changer is 1 second slower getting 1 lug nut on a wheel, that could mean losing 5+ positions during a race. If a driver slips the clutch slightly more or spins the tires slightly more after a pit stop, that could also translate into losing 5+ positions on the track. If a driver applies the brake pedal 1/8" harder throughout a race and doesn't conserve tires properly, that could create excessive heat and blow the tire. I could go on and on. There are too many variables that could happen during a race that could make the difference between a 1st place finish and a 30th place finish. Name another sport where literally every second matters....

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:53 PM   #18
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Horse Racing
Track and Field (sprints, hurdles, marathons, etc)
IPSC/USPSA events
Dog Racing
Swimming
Slalom Skiing
Cross Country Skiing
Biathalon
Any Basketball/Football game with a close score wherein I have the lead and the other side has the ball
Luge

... I can go on.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:01 AM   #19
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Earnest Hemingway said: “There are only three sports: Bullfighting, Motor Racing, and Mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:06 AM   #20
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
As a NASCAR fan, I can confidently say you simply don't understand what it takes to make a car competitive during a race in the modern world. The driver, crew chief, pit crew, and spotter all have specific jobs they need to focus on. NASCAR is a team sport and each second during the entire race is crucial. If a tire changer is 1 second slower getting 1 lug nut on a wheel, that could mean losing 5+ positions during a race. If a driver slips the clutch slightly more or spins the tires slightly more after a pit stop, that could also translate into losing 5+ positions on the track. If a driver applies the brake pedal 1/8" harder throughout a race and doesn't conserve tires properly, that could create excessive heat and blow the tire. I could go on and on. There are too many variables that could happen during a race that could make the difference between a 1st place finish and a 30th place finish. Name another sport where literally every second matters....

More road courses and less ovals and absolutely no rovals unless its Daytona
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:07 AM   #21
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
As a NASCAR fan I would say you're overconfident. I was being facetious. But then, if NASCAR is forced to drink the kool-aid, drink it all the way.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:23 AM   #22
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
If you're gonna diss him, use his correct name:
Recky Spinhouse
Mr Danica Patrick was good, at the time
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:25 AM   #23
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Ive tried to watch but once Gordon retired I had been a hard core NASCAR and Gordon fan up til then for more than a decade. Stage racing, the Chase, too many inspections and penalties...I got bored of it.

Gordon does a great job in the booth though.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote