Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #1
trossit

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LS
My 2012 1LS just gave me a "P2099" Check Engine Light

Hi Forum, I am new here and need help. Two months ago I purchased a 2012 Camaro 1LS with 56,000 miles. It seemed to run strong but had a slight hesitation off idle (when in neutral), the second pump of the accelerator pedal was fine. I took it to the dealer a few weeks ago to have it checked and they said the throttle body was clean and checked an injector which they also said was fine. They also checked fuel metering and said all checks normal. They said the off idle stumble while in neutral was not an issue and just an anomaly of the V6 engine.

Last night I noticed I had a Check Engine Light on. This morning I went to Autozone to see what error code it was putting out. It gave me a "P2099" error code which according to Autozone means "Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 2."

One other note about this car. I have been noticing in the mornings when cold, at startup, it sounds like a hole in a muffler but is coming from the front of the car/engine. After the car warms up the intensity of this sound diminishes a lot...maybe 90%. Is this the nature of a cold exhaust manifold sound on a all stock V6? I am not looking forward to returning my Camaro to the dealer but since they had their hands in this area (injectors and throttle body) I probably should.

Any and all help is appreciated. Any other V6 owners experience this sound and or the slight stumble off idle, P2099 error codes? I also need to pass DEQ soon.

Thanks.
trossit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
My understanding is an exhaust leak could cause the code and by what your hearing at startup that may be it.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #3
trossit

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LS
Thanks xstuntman. I will be taking it to the dealer Thursday will let you know what they find.
trossit is offline   Reply With Quote