Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #43
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I just bought a Maggie TVS2300 off a member on here and he had it shipped UPS. I got the package's today and the box the supercharger was in looked like it had been through hell. Broke the idler pulley and the jackshaft. Could be some more damage, I was a bit irate so I just snapped some pictures and submitted the damage claim.

Another UPS disaster, What can't Brown do for you?

S/C box is on the left.

Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #44
Neumatic

UPDATE: I use to say that this was just a Journal but I must say it has outgrown that and has definitely turned into a build. Not as extensive as alot but a build non the less.

What I have in store for my 2010 2SS/RS this winter is to install the Maggie TVS2300 and a custom paint job. Color is going to be Admiral Blue with Black Sapphire accents. Admiral Blue is my favorite color I have ever seen on a car, In fact my inspiration for this build is my uncles old '72 Chevelle that he had painted Admiral Blue with a black vinyl top. I am in favor of adding the black vinyl top to my 2010 but it won't be happening this winter.

While I do the build I will keep this updated with lots of pictures of the progress. I have an opportunity to share the process of painting my car more so then most as my uncle is a professional automotive painter with his own custom business. I will be helping him with all the prep work and will try to be there every step along the way.

I will also throw in some pictures of my '74 Chevy C20 rebuild, its not anything special but I love the truck and it needs some attention. Got a new cab and we are in the process of fixing the rust on it. My current cab is so rusty its scary. The cab mount is almost through the floor. I have a fist size (probably bigger now) hole right where I rest my left leg. But I also have new repopped doors and fiberglass fenders to put on it as well.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #45
Neumatic

Past couple weeks have been spent working on my truck. Swapped the cab, old one was pretty far gone and as it turned out extremely unsafe. The floor was rusted out right by the back driverside seat mount and seatbelt mount. Along with all the other spots. Did some repairs on the new cab and got it on now. New poly urethane cab mounts, new fan, new water pump and new top radiator bracket. Was messing around the day before I started working on it and the radiator popped out and the fan ate it and blew the water pump. Oops, radiator survived though. Truck is a lot better now, ride is a lot better, body lines line up a lot better, ect.

Now its on to the car. Should be ordering the paint within the next week or two. S/C is getting sent to Magnuson for repairs. Still need to get a couple things for the fuel system but when ever I get it back from Magnuson I should have everything ready.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #46
Neumatic

Went to the track yesterday, no record breaking times due to it being blazing hot out but still had fun. Lost first round, red lit and ran way too fast anyways. Got it home and put it on the lift and discovered the axle seal on the drivers side leaking while I was changing the tires. Worst part is this weekend would have been perfect to be gunning for a new PB, Friday is supposed to be 60's and my track has awesome track prep. Oh well there will be other times. So ill get the seal and replace it soon.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #47
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Just went through your build. Congrats on the blower man, and the th400, this thing is gonna be sick!

Sucks about UPS, they damn near cracked a guitar in half that I ordered and denied my claim because of the packaging, and the UPS STORE freaking packaged it.

You're repainting the whole car? any pics of the color?

Ill be installing my NF cam, LS3 conversion, and stall in December.

Also, that was a great 11.8 at C5 fest, especially in the heat/humidity/rain that weekend.

I was in the N/A class, beat the cammed 'vert, the yellow bolt-on SS, and then had to run that other cammed guy that I think you had to beat for the win.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #48
Neumatic

Haven't been on here in a long long time now. A lot of changes have been made or are under way.

I'm a nut shell...
- Decided against the TH400
- Removed TVS2300
- Installed Procharger F1C
- Harwood 5" COPO style hood
- ZL1 Front Bumper
- Finally getting painted Admiral Blue

Here's some pictures of the progress so far. Work is being done at my uncles custom auto shop Kandi's Kustoms here in Ashland, OH.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #49
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
LOVE the color, but DAMN almost 3 years between posts ;oP! Can't wait to see it completed. Gonna be a real looker and performer!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #50
Neumatic

Yea I haven't been on here much the past few years. Haven't really done a whole lot with the car since DEC 2014 until recently when I finally got the hood and bumper and decided it was finally time to paint it.

It is an amazing color. It's a shame though, pictures truly do it no justice. Also we are painting the spoiler, mirrors, door handles and roof molding black with a pearl coat using the same pearls that are in the Admiral Blue paint.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:28 AM   #51
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
That was the color I wanted when I started looking, but the RJT I found had the options and the price. That blue is amazing... Can't wait to see it done...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #52
Neumatic

Honestly I love the IBM color. However, due to the poor quality of the factory paint job I wanted to reprint the car. With going through all the work I wasn't about to not personalize the car a bit and Admiral Blue has been my favorite since I was a kid and my uncle painted his '72 Chevelle the same color. If there wasn't any problems with this paint I never would have decided to paint the car.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #53
Neumatic

Car went into paint today. Last coat of clear fish eyed so we'll have to wet sand the car and respray the clear.

Started getting the bumper put together while the car was getting sprayed.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #54
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Hey man nice to see you on here again. Your car is still bad ass. Post more when done!
Old 06-21-2019, 10:57 PM   #55
Neumatic

Been a long time since I posted on here. Had a lot of problems along the way but the car is finally painted and back together. Got a couple days of cruising around in it before a bearing went out in my procharger. Waiting to get it back from being rebuilt. Pictures don't really do it any justice but here is some eye candy for everyone that's long forgotten about this car...

Attached Images

Old 07-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #56
Slogoat

Drives: Chevy Camaro, Chevy Silverado
Car looks amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIR8n3fALmE&t=5s

2005 Procharged GTO Sold
2013 TVS 2300 Camaro SS/RS New toy
DD 2014 Chevy Silverado
Slogoat is offline   Reply With Quote