Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 05-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
thirdgencamaro'91

Drives: 1991 Camaro Z28, Wrecked ZL1
Burning wire smell from engine bay and weird running car

I have a 91 Camaro z28 with the 305 tpi. I brought it out from winter storage and it runs weird. I have recently replaced spark plugs, plug wires, and distributor and cap and rotor. Timing was also reset at 6* btdc. I have this issue where in neutral it will rev mostly ok, but doesnt like to rev past 4k. I have done a few test drives and the car sometimes has no power under load, and other times it runs fine (which goes along with my suspicion that a wire is melting under the hood and causing an intermittent issue).

I will park it and the car smells like a burning wire (smell originates from the engine bay). I have no check engine lights, also almost all brand new sensors, good fuel pressure, good injectors (I ohmed them and they passed), a new fuel pump and fuel filter.

I am nearing my wits end with this engine. I can't seem to find a culprit wire under the engine bay. If anyone has any suggestions to what it might be please let me know, thanks!!!
thirdgencamaro'91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wire stalling