Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Some EBay sellers promising 4/15 delivery

So do these guys know something about delivery? There are a couple interesting explanations as to how they happened to get one (or more) to sell on Ebay. They don't seem to be getting the big bucks they're asking for yet. I wonder if they've been getting heat from Camaro enthusiasts/ customers who tried to order from them?

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
So do these guys know something about delivery? There are a couple interesting explanations as to how they happened to get one (or more) to sell on Ebay. They don't seem to be getting the big bucks they're asking for yet. I wonder if they've been getting heat from Camaro enthusiasts/ customers who tried to order from them?
Hey, they're selling on Ebay....they must have the inside scoop
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
he needs his ass kicked
Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Well if they are low enough to steal Camaro 5 watermarked images of pre production cars for there ad's, don't trust anything else they say.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Looks like Salisbury (N.Y..) has the most, with some guy (who does'nt post his dealer name) out of Deerfield Beach, Florida next. Fairway is in there too. Gonna be some mad customers that paid more than MSRP pretty soon.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
Old 04-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Welcome to the site Dan...hope you have a flame retardant suit cause their are gonna be a lot of people with strong opinions about your business practices. Just a forewarning...
Old 04-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
MR. FBDY
FBDY or no Body

Drives: 2010 CGM ZL1 clone/13 Silverado HD
Hey Don, not to fuel the fire here, but here is another thread about your dealership in regards to a person wanting to buy from you.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17763

I am from the NY area where your dealership is and I have been there many times for Car shows and such, but never bought a car from you. Some of this recent news does not sound too good for business.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
Amelia98
Honorary Female Member =)

Drives: Camaro and a PT Cruiser
The buy it now price is only roughly $7000 over MSRP. Three years ago that would have been okay (maybe 4,000...7 is a little excessive) because people had a little extra. But now folks are sitting tight because of the shape of the economy and GM. You will have a hard time especially if other dealerships are selling at MSRP. I understand making a buck you need to grab the extra bucks right now too on whatever you can. You may get lucky if someone sees a few on the street and buys with their emotions.

The thing that really irks me is how sure you are that you are getting your car in a week. I have VIN 647. I have been sitting at event code 3800for almost three weeks since it was built and I received a VIN. I'll be lucky if I see my car on the 22nd. Not one dealer can give a definite delivery date that can be determined from this entire site. That line is a little smarmy.

VROOM VROOM
Old 04-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Hmmmm you didn't know how many you were going to get??..Whiteman told me they were getting 10 of em.....I got thier first one..hopefully built this week....I went to Salisbury once....Once

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Welcome to the site... there got that out of the way.

You can say whatever you want about your reason for selling these cars on Ebay.

The fact is... if every dealer in the country had the same attitude, then NO ONE would have been able to get a Camaro.

Owning and racing Camaro's does NOT make you an enthusiast. Owning, racing and spreading the "Camaro love" makes you an enthuiast.

This is sooooo typical of what is wrong with most businesses in America. The rich get richer, and the average American takes it in the gas can.

YOU... are one of the reasons sales of American built cars are down almost 45%, YOU... are one of the reasons that consumers are scared of buying American. Personally I don't care if you "sleep well at night".

.......In the end -- You and other dealers like you, will eventually suck the life out the American auto industry.

Never underestimate the power of "word of mouth".

/rant off
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
Welcome to the site... there got that out of the way.

You can say whatever you want about your reason for selling these cars on Ebay.

The fact is... if every dealer in the country had the same attitude, then NO ONE would have been able to get a Camaro.

Owning and racing Camaro's does NOT make you an enthusiast. Owning, racing and spreading the "Camaro love" makes you an enthuiast.

This is sooooo typical of what is wrong with most businesses in America. The rich get richer, and the average American takes it in the gas can.

YOU... are one of the reasons sales of American built cars are down almost 45%, YOU... are one of the reasons that consumers are scared of buying American. Personally I don't care if you "sleep well at night".

.......In the end -- You and other dealers like you, will eventually suck the life out the American auto industry.

Never underestimate the power of "word of mouth".

/rant off
OHHHH!.........SNAP!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
sac-au-lait

Drives: 06Colorado07Silverado08Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALISBURYCHEVROLET View Post
I saw the post. I responded to it. I have offered to have the person call me. We did not take deposits as I have stated because we really did not know what we were going to get. We put the first 2 on Ebay because we sell alot online. thats all. We are having another show this year I hope you come and introduce yourself. Dan
Your in New York state and didn't think you would get at least a couple? Do you have any Camaro fans that buy there?They may have been willing to wait for a car.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac-au-lait View Post
They may have been willing to wait for a car.
Not at his prices. This is the stuff that ruins the car experience for so many. The sad part is
he doesn't see it. It's just business.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
Badger

Ummm Dan? where did you go Dan?....(Crickets Chirping)

Closed Thread