Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2016, 03:32 AM   #1
BRM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
My Camaro was in another accident :(

I had just gotten my car from the shop. It was the toughest week not having my car. You guys might remember me from this thread here:

I was cruising in the far right lane on my way to work when a car in the center lane suddenly entered my lane without signaling. I did the best I could to avoid the collision by turning away, but in the end, he ended up hitting my car with the side of his. Front ends messed up and that same quarter panel that a friends of mine wrecked(and payed for), had just gotten fixed and is now jacked up again.

Thankfully there were witnesses who saw the whole thing unfold and are siding with my story. Police report was filed and everything. And the driver who didn't even have a license BTW, was written a ticket for unsafe/improper lane change.

My ride is really messed up. I cant drive without her pulling to the left. As You can see I take really good care of my car. I wash her almost everyday and I had just put on Tire Shine that morning Right now shes sitting in my garage waiting for their insurance to investigate or whatever they do. I did not contact mine as I cannot afford a $1000 deductible. This happened way back on 5/3/16. For some reason, insurance really like to take their sweet time when clearly evidence shows their insured was at fault. When I was rear ended, took nearly 2 months to get fixed. I'm dealing with the same insurance as before.

Link to my Dropbox with all photos. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7uxfmt2v2...vbP3wahEa?dl=0
BRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:50 AM   #2
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Damn dude, when it rains it pours eh? Poor bastard......... LOL. I feel for ya man. Maybe it's time to fix/trade up for a big 3/4 ton lifted diesel with full replacement bumpers. That way at least if it's a small car and they're dumb enough to do that, you'll just run their ass over with minor damage if any. Sorry to hear man.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Hey BRM, I was just reading through your previous accident post and saw I posted and you replied asking whether you should demand a new rear bumper.

If the rear bumper issue hasn't been resolved yet, you can speak with the body shop about that. Sometimes getting a new bumper and having it pained is less expensive than paying to have the original one "restored" (labor costs).

In reference to your current damage, generally, you shouldn't need to pay a deductible if it's someone else's fault. My insurance company (USAA) collected all monies from the at-fault party's ins. co when my DD was damaged. Did you speak with your insurance co. about whether you need to pay your deductible?

Good luck and please keep us posted.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:30 AM   #4
Gearheaded

Drives: 2014 SS
You should look at lowering your deductible. Typically a 500$ deductible is a few dollars less than a 1000$. I think mine was 4$ more for a $500, and 11$ more for a $250. I went with the $250.
2009 YZF R1 - Race bike (road course)(totaled racing)
2008 YZF R6 - Race bike (road course)(still own)
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #5
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
damn man... Time to sell that car, it's cursed
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #6
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
[QUOTE=Baba;9081054

In reference to your current damage, generally, you shouldn't need to pay a deductible if it's someone else's fault. ?
[/QUOTE]

Agreed - OP all the best getting it worked out.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #7
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Damn, hope everything works out & your luck changes.

IMO It's never a good idea to work directly with the other party's insurance, they don't have your best interest in mind. I'd contact your insurance company & let them handle it, that's what you pay them for & you shouldn't have to pay a deductible in this case (some will require you to pay it up front & refund it after the claim is settled, other's will waive it).

Good luck & hope you're back on the road again soon
Old 05-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
AP90

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
I'd check with your agent about uninsured driver insurance. I know that came standard with my policy. Basically if you get hit by a driver without insurance, your car is fixed as if their insurance paid it (i.e. no out of pocket for you) and then your insurance will sue the person who hit you.
AP90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:35 AM   #9
Chanman

Drives: '15 Camaro 2LS V6
That sucks man! Hope you get it resolved. Why so high deductible? Do you really save that much? We have 500 on all of our cars, and I would think, at least for us anyway, that if another person or person's cause the damage, you should not be liable for the deductible. Our insurance was pretty clear to us about that, they would go after the person responsible, and if the person had insurance after them too.

Hope you get your car fixed asap.
Chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #10
BRM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Just a little update. I called my insurance and they in fact do not waive the deductible, even if the other party is at fault. And I don't have uninsured motorists because my insurance is already $300 a month. My deductible is so high because I had no idea I'd ever get into a wreck because I'm a safe driver. Little did I know you can get into an accident even so due to the carelessness of other drivers.

I called their insurance and was told they could not find the driver under a policy. (That would explain the wait but why wasn't I made aware until I called) I then was able to get a hold of the police officer who came to the scene and he kindly emailed me the police report with all the information including their insurance. I emailed it to claims just now.
BRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:39 PM   #11
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM View Post
Just a little update. I called my insurance and they in fact do not waive the deductible, even if the other party is at fault. And I don't have uninsured motorists because my insurance is already $300 a month. My deductible is so high because I had no idea I'd ever get into a wreck because I'm a safe driver. Little did I know you can get into an accident even so due to the carelessness of other drivers.

I called their insurance and was told they could not find the driver under a policy. (That would explain the wait but why wasn't I made aware until I called) I then was able to get a hold of the police officer who came to the scene and he kindly emailed me the police report with all the information including their insurance. I emailed it to claims just now.
Yep, if you go through your own ins. company you pay the deductible and then after the repairs are done they go after the other ins. company for the cost of repairs and the Ins. company refunds your deductible out of whatever money they get back. It's a pain in the arse and can take several months. Especially if your insurance company doesn't "really" want to go bother with going after them. (we had to get a lawyer to send a letter of representation and only THEN did the insurance company decide it was worth the fight).

Unfortunately, the guy's Ins. policy could still be expired even if he had a current card.

I pay a huge premium for my age, I've got max everything with New Car Replacement. If they total my car, they buy me a brand new one. Uninsured Motorist is a must also.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #12
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Many years ago I had some douche back into my 73 Corvette at a gas station. Claimed he had insurance, but wanted me to come to some bar at night to get the money. Yeah, right...I'm not that stupid. I had his info so I sued him in small claims court and won. He still refused to pay, so I found out he had a rental property and sent the Sheriff to serve a garnishment on the tenant. Suddenly he remembered he had insurance (duh) and I had a check in two days.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #13
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
If he didn't have a license ,he didn't have insurance, you'll be using your insurance, you'll need to go after the other driver for the deductable
Old 05-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #14
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Get uninsured motorist coverage.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote