Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
SSeric's 2010 SIM Camaro SS

Love reading everyone's build threads so I've decided making one of my own is long overdue.

I bought her in May 2012 with just a click over 11k miles. Gas prices were ridiculous at the time and it had been on the lot for about 3 months already so the dealership made it worth my while to take it off their hands. The overall goal is to have a fun, capable daily that stands out a bit. Up to this point I've done all the work myself in the garage with nothing more than some Craftsman tools, a couple of good friends, and a few beers.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

Current Mod List (1/7/19)

Performance
Roto-Fab CAI
ZL1 shifter
ARH 1 7/8" LT headers
ARH High flow cats
Stainless Works Retro exhaust
ADM Performance dyno tune

Suspension & brakes
Ridetech Coilovers
Prothane subframe bushings
Prothane UCA bushings
UMI toe rods/trailing arms
FE4 conversion
Detroit Speed swaybars
ZR1 blue powdercoated calipers
Granatelli Slotted/Dimpled rotors
Goodridge SS brake lines
Motul 600 DOT 4 brake fluid

Misc bling
ZL1 front grille
Blacked out taillight bezels
Big Worm Graphix rear blackout
Sparks trunk emblem, custom painted in ZR1 blue
OEM blue ABL footwell lighting
P13W Plasma foglights
DRL harness

Wheels/Tires
Forgestar F14 wheels - Gloss Gunmetal, Deep Concave 20x9.5F/20x11R
Nitto Invos F:275/40-20, R:315/35-20

Upcoming
VMax Throttle Body
3.91 Gears
Mild Cam

Here's a couple pics of where it's at today as well as from the day I brought her home.
Attached Images

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread

Last edited by SSeric; 01-07-2019 at 02:23 PM.
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
SSeric

Couldn't stand the front license plate so that was one of the first things to go. I replaced the front bumper & installed BC coilovers to give her a more aggressive stance.
Attached Images

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
Old 03-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
SSeric

At this point I loved the stance but I needed a little more *oomph*. I got a great deal on a set of ARH headers that I had ceramic coated locally. Once they were done my friend & I installed the headers along with the Roto-Fab intake. Even untuned at that point....what a difference!
Attached Images

SSeric's Build Thread
Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
SSeric

Took the car on a roadtrip to Austin for my other half's bday last December. Got drunk and had street pizza down on 6th Street when we got there Friday night & then got up super early Saturday morning with a hangover to do a Color Me Rad 5k...horrible idea. BUUUUT since Saturday was her actual bday, we couldn't be tacos so that night we right back down to 6th Street all over again. What can I say....we're troopers

Note: These were brand new tshirts we bought that morning. She thought she'd be funny and bust me with one of those color bombs right upside the head (which you can see on the right side in the first pic of me)...I was pulling pink powder shite outta my ear for a week! *smh*
Attached Images

SSeric's Build Thread
Old 03-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
SSeric

Now that everything I've ordered is starting to come in, my mailbox is starting to become my new best friend! Here's what came for me yesterday. Needs a few touchups but overall I'm happy with it. The color has a way of changing based on the lighting, which looks killer in person. Keep an eye out for a review on it in a separate thread.
Attached Images

SSeric's Build Thread

Last edited by SSeric; 03-27-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeric View Post
Now that everything I've ordered is starting to come in, my mailbox is starting to become my new best friend! Here's what came for me yesterday. Needs a few touchups but overall I'm happy with it. The color has a way of changing based on the lighting, which looks killer in person. Keep an eye out for a review on it in a separate thread.
I likey that!! They did an outstanding job on the headers..

Have fun with your ride and enjoy each other....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
SSeric

Yeah they did a stellar job on the powdercoating! They were extremely thorough, answered all my questions, & gave me a quick turnaround. ADM Performance referred me over there & they didn't disappoint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SSeric's Build Thread
Old 03-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
SSeric

Weekend updates. Ordered Big Worm Graphix blackout for the rear on Thursday at 1:57pm and it was on my doorstep before I got home on Friday. Wowzers! Installed it Friday night and mounted the new Sparks trunk emblem on Saturday morning.
Attached Images

SSeric's Build Thread

Last edited by SSeric; 05-28-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #9
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Thanks for posting the pic! Those are some nice headers, what are you using from the cats and back?
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #10
SSeric

So far it's just OEM behind the cats. My next big purchase is going to be the Stainless Works Retro catback. May take a few months though. The wheels and tires put a pretty decent dent in the budget

SSeric's Build Thread
Old 04-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #11
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
nice wheels thou
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #12
SSeric

Managed to limit myself to just one mod in Baytown. The footwell lighting came out AWESOME!
Attached Images

SSeric's Build Thread

Last edited by SSeric; 05-07-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
SSeric

Turns out C5Fest corrupted me. Lots more stuff coming in the mail over the next couple weeks, including a catback exhaust, powdercoated calipers, stainless steel brake lines, new pads, and (crossing my fingers) Forgestar F14 wheels. Stay tuned!

SSeric's Build Thread
Old 05-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #14
jrod_z28

Drives: 2012 VR Camaro ZL1
Looking good SSeric!!! Can't wait to see the new mods!!
jrod_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote