Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-10-2018, 02:37 AM   #15
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Camaro View Post
Relax holmes. I was just sayin what I see dude. Young kids today are not into muscle cars. I see it in my own kids and all around the community. My own kid likes Uber and playing on his mobile phone. There's a guy on youtube talking about this deal, you can look it up or google it but here's a few links ......

https://www.fastcompany.com/3027876/...figure-out-why

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/think...with-cars.html

https://brightside.me/inspiration-ps...nymore-238710/

I'm 18 and whenever i seen the camaro, and sat in it i knew i wanted it, just because your kids don't like camaro's doesn't mean 'young kids don't like camaro's'
Old 01-10-2018, 06:21 AM   #16
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Well, this thread went downhill in a hurry.

One guy claims that pony cars and sports cars will cease to exist in ~7 years because of what he sees in his children and their friends. Two twenty-somethings, jump in and claim to love pony cars. A very large sample we have to go by here. Logic and rational at its finest. Relax...everyone.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:35 AM   #17
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post

One guy claims that pony cars and sports cars will cease to exist in ~7 years because of what he sees in his children and their friends. Two twenty-somethings, jump in and claim to love pony cars. A very large sample we have to go by here. Logic and rational at its finest. Relax...everyone.

Exactly, you're never going to get a good sample on a Camaro forum, for 'do kids these days like Camaros'. Im 29, an engineer for GM powertrain, married, no kids, and I am on Z28[Z/28] #4. Sold my Camaro to buy an HHR when I started college because it made practical sense while I was broke in college and eating Ramen, and paying bills. Not because I 'dont like performance cars' or "kids these days etc "its because During early adulthood it suited me better to have a regular A to B car that got decent MPG.

Summary, this isn't a good place to take your sample for who does and doesn't like performance cars. Thats like me trying it at work, most of the young women and men I work with here, lots of millenials, all track and/or autocross.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:56 AM   #18
roost3r
@ElHefeZ28

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksupkt87 View Post
How confident are you on the information you received? Another poster here has a relative who claims to be working on a Z/28 project. If the 2014/2015 cars are the last of the Z/28’s, it will be interesting to see where demand for them goes.
Ok he might have told me a little more but Im not sharing out of respect. He was given the design specs, and cad drawings as they were needed to model the exhaust. Now if Chevy decides to to build it thats one thing. But I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that an exhaust was developed for a 19/20 Z28 with specs near (+/-) 650 NA. He also designed a couple of Chevy's recent releases that are now on the market. Do I trust this info and my insider? Oh yeah I do because he often shares whats on the horizon and one of the vehicles I own now I knew about 2 years before it was released. Long story short Im not going to argue with anyone about will there be wont there be when I know there IS OR WAS a PLAN for it.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #19
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:

I didn’t jump in because he said people in my age bracket didn’t like Camaros. I jumped in because he called us lazy bum kids. I’ve been working since I was 13 and pay for my own shit.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #20
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Where does GM rationally go with a Z28 at this point?

Lighter, stripped out (radio / ac / rear seat delete) with the ZL1/1LE aero, a NA LT5, and maybe a 4 point from the factory much like the M4 GTS or 911 RS? Where to price something like that?

It seems to me that they've covered all the bases they'd need to at this point with the model.

As far as sports cars going extinct, they've always been low sellers in comparison to utilitarian vehicles / trucks, etc. Your average driver simply doesn't enjoy driving the way we do, and that's reflected in sales figures.

Lumping Corvettes into the younger demographic for poor sales is silly, as the price / insurance is show stopper there, even for a baseline version.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #21
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
Where does GM rationally go with a Z28 at this point?

Lighter, stripped out (radio / ac / rear seat delete) with the ZL1/1LE aero, a NA LT5, and maybe a 4 point from the factory much like the M4 GTS or 911 RS? Where to price something like that?

It seems to me that they've covered all the bases they'd need to at this point with the model.

As far as sports cars going extinct, they've always been low sellers in comparison to utilitarian vehicles / trucks, etc. Your average driver simply doesn't enjoy driving the way we do, and that's reflected in sales figures.

Lumping Corvettes into the younger demographic for poor sales is silly, as the price / insurance is show stopper there, even for a baseline version.
You get it! GM already has all of their bases covered with the current Camaro/Corvette line-up. Each model provides something for every level of driver.

Camaro Turbo 4----->ZL1 1LE & Corvette Stingray----->ZR1

A new Z/28 does not fit in anywhere...unless you plan on competing against yourself. They've already made that mistake in the early 2000's when they took the same car and slapped different badging on it (a la Chevy Cobalt, Pontiac G5, Saturn Ion, etc., etc., etc..).

The only logical explanation I have for this car with CC brakes is some type of ZL1 1LE/R version (call it what you wish). The new GT500 is supposed to be putting down some mind-numbing hp and the screen shot of its massive rotors suggest a "track monster" as well. Perhaps this is GM's answer to a killer Mustang. We already know a new GT500 will have more than the current ZL1 at 650hp. The '14 GT500 had 662hp. Maybe an LT5 powered ZL1 with CC brakes? I just can't see GM calling it a Z/28 and dropping a blown engine under the hood.

In order to be a true Z/28, it HAS to be NA!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #22
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by roost3r View Post
Ok he might have told me a little more but Im not sharing out of respect. He was given the design specs, and cad drawings as they were needed to model the exhaust. Now if Chevy decides to to build it thats one thing. But I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that an exhaust was developed for a 19/20 Z28 with specs near (+/-) 650 NA. He also designed a couple of Chevy's recent releases that are now on the market. Do I trust this info and my insider? Oh yeah I do because he often shares whats on the horizon and one of the vehicles I own now I knew about 2 years before it was released. Long story short Im not going to argue with anyone about will there be wont there be when I know there IS OR WAS a PLAN for it.
is that 650 hp NA?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #23
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I'm 27 and have had 2 Camaros, so you can shove that bullshit up your ass.

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #24
aris

Drives: Z/28
Quote:
You get it! GM already has all of their bases covered with the current Camaro/Corvette line-up. Each model provides something for every level of driver.

Camaro Turbo 4----->ZL1 1LE & Corvette Stingray----->ZR1

A new Z/28 does not fit in anywhere...unless you plan on competing against yourself. They've already made that mistake in the early 2000's when they took the same car and slapped different badging on it (a la Chevy Cobalt, Pontiac G5, Saturn Ion, etc., etc., etc..).

The only logical explanation I have for this car with CC brakes is some type of ZL1 1LE/R version (call it what you wish). The new GT500 is supposed to be putting down some mind-numbing hp and the screen shot of its massive rotors suggest a "track monster" as well. Perhaps this is GM's answer to a killer Mustang. We already know a new GT500 will have more than the current ZL1 at 650hp. The '14 GT500 had 662hp. Maybe an LT5 powered ZL1 with CC brakes? I just can't see GM calling it a Z/28 and dropping a blown engine under the hood.

In order to be a true Z/28, it HAS to be NA!
I don't disagree with any of that, and personally prefer an N/A motor over forced induction, but why does a Z/28 have to be N/A? Historically, the ZL1 always had the largest N/A motor GM could grab from their parts bin, and it wasn't until the 5th gen ZL1 that they ever even used forced induction in a Camaro. So if the ZL1 was always N/A but isn't now, why should the Z/28 remain N/A?

http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...he-zl1-camaro/
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #25
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
The ZL1/1LE is an amazing car.

However a high hp n/a car makes a better track car.

S/C cars have more nose weight and tend to have higher engine temps.

I for one would prefer a n/a high hp Z28.

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:24 PM   #26
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by aris View Post
I don't disagree with any of that, and personally prefer an N/A motor over forced induction, but why does a Z/28 have to be N/A? Historically, the ZL1 always had the largest N/A motor GM could grab from their parts bin, and it wasn't until the 5th gen ZL1 that they ever even used forced induction in a Camaro. So if the ZL1 was always N/A but isn't now, why should the Z/28 remain N/A?

http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...he-zl1-camaro/
No, the original ZL1 was an aluminum 427. It could be ordered in COPO cars. The first production ZL1 had the LSA, so the ZL1 car was never n/a.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 AM   #27
TonyNDeb

Drives: Candy
"the insurance charges me more" My case was the inverse. Traded my Z06 for my F350, and insurance went up about $200 every 6 months.

I don't think it was a Z.. GM said they didn't put the CCB on the ZL1 1LE because it didn't need them. Maybe this is as been said, a ZL1 1LE R? I don't get my hopes up for a future car, if it comes out, it comes out.
TonyNDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:44 AM   #28
Selym

Drives: 2014 Camaro Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Camaro View Post
I have insider information. There is NO Z/28 in the works, and from what I hear the Camaro might be history soon because Millennials (or whatever you call the lazy bum kids today) like Hybrids, Prius, uber, etc.

Sadly I think the Camaro and Corvette will one day stop production. My guess is around 2025.
20 year old "Millennial" here !! Love my camaro every day I hop in the drivers seat

That's a complete on your part
Selym is offline   Reply With Quote