Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 12-12-2023, 11:41 AM   #1
clyde

Drives: broken
Autocross eLSD calibration

Update: I got the autocross eLSD calibration and you can too! Short version is that you need a dealer service tech that is willing to hang up on GM Techline and call back if the Techline person doesn’t know what to do (and repeat as many times as necessary).
-----

Some of you with SS 1LEs that compete in F Street may have seen the latest Fastrack update. If you haven't, this is the part that matters:
Quote:
#34840 Camaro ediff tune legal?
Thank you for your letter. Per Section 13.9.H: "Manufacturer authorized, vehicle-specific OEM ESC/TC
software upgrades / updates are allowed." Per the definition of traction/stability control in Section 12 this
allows manufacturer authorized tunes on active differentials.
So, that leads me to this question:

Has anyone recently had the autocross eLSD calibration done for their SS 1LE?

I just left my local GM Performance dealer and the calibration was not done because they couldn’t find it. I gave the service advisor the part number that’s been posted on this forum a bunch of times and they spent an hour on the phone with GM Tech Line looking for it, but no joy. When I got the car back, the service ticket included the exact same text in the quoted dealer note in Chris V’s post from 2018 (truncated at a point in the first sentence of the “Calibration Details” section):

Quote:
Note to Dealers:
When reprogramming the Chassis Control Module, please call Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC)
at (1-800-828-6860). The TCSC will provide programming requirements and instructions. When calling
TCSC, please insure the specific vehicle VIN is on hand.
Dealer Piece Cost for Calibration will be billed to the BARS/Open Account monthly via Techline. Dealer
Statement will include the 17- digit VIN, Part Number Reference “eLSD" and Dealer Piece Cost. The
labor for download and re-flash of the module is to be charged to labor OP 0602518 at an allowable 0.3
hours.
Warranty Information:
Reflashing the eLSD Control Module with this calibration maintains the vehicle’s warranty.
Calibration Details:
Continuous on-track and street development combined with the pursuit of perfection have pushed our

<-- text description ends on my service ticket here; text from Chris V's post continue below -->

Camaro engineers to develop an eLSD calibration that will enable faster turn in and faster power
application on turn exit. This eLSD calibration will decouple the differential at a faster rate based on
accelerator pedal position and steering wheel angle to enable faster yaw rotation at corner entry and
upon corner exit the eLSD will couple faster than normal rates to enable power to be delivered sooner
to both rear wheels.
Note: The change of eLSD calibration will only be enabled when Traction Control and Electronic Stability
Control (ESC) is disabled. When traction control and ESC is enabled, there is no change to the
production calibration in any mode (Tour, Sport or Track). To disable traction control and turn
ESC off, hold down the Traction Control button for 5 seconds. The traction control and ESC
telltale lights will illuminate in the dashboard.
Installation
Note: This upgraded eLSD calibration is a customer pay transaction and should not be submitted as a
warranty claim. The only submission to General Motors is for 0.3 hr Labor.
1. Drive the vehicle to your dealer and have the calibration updated to the applicable calibration listed in
Calibration Reference Table below.
Calibration Reference Table
Model Year Calibration Part Number
2017-2018 84506758
2019-2021 84506759
2. Clear any DTC that set during the flashing.
©
The part number I gave them for my 2020 car was 84506759. From Chris V’s post and everything else posted anywhere since, that should be the number for 2019+ cars and 84506758 for 2017-2018 cars.

I’ve seen other posts where people have said their dealers have had trouble finding the calibration and I’ve seen people post that they’ve had it done, but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that they’ve had success after having difficulty or that they’ve had it done recently.

Does anyone have any info to share? Thanks!

Last edited by clyde; 01-07-2024 at 03:14 PM.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 01:57 PM   #2
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Seems like some dealers have issues figuring it out, you may need to try a different dealer if they can't do it.

I had my car done a few years ago.

I'm surprised they are allowing it in FS now, it'll be interesting to see what some FS'ers think after they get it done.
Old 12-13-2023, 12:49 PM   #3
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Seems like some dealers have issues figuring it out, you may need to try a different dealer if they can't do it.

I'm surprised they are allowing it in FS now, it'll be interesting to see what some FS'ers think after they get it done.
It was legal last year and most had it from my understanding.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 06:24 PM   #4
clyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post

From all the info I've gathered in the past couple days, it doesn't sound like it's the dealer or service tech that's the issue. Sounds much more like it's the person at GM Techline that takes the call.

I'm liking most of what I've heard from people that have had it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
I only know of one definitively. A couple others I think probably had it. I know for sure that five did not have it. That's 8 of 19 cars.

I imagine all will have it next year whether it does any good or not.
Old 12-15-2023, 08:39 AM   #5
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
problem is if you get it and dont like it how can you reverse it? lol
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 09:49 AM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Clyde, at least you got them to try. Back in 21 I tried to get it done in SoCal. Tried five of these so called Performance dealers and no luck. Some said never heard of it, wouldn’t try. Other said didn’t want to for liability reasons. One thought about but the dealer had a low quality rating from customers and they couldn’t even give me a price even though gm said $350. One guy on a facebook camaro group had it done recently and cost him $730. A friend tried a few years ago and they wanted a $1000!
For me and reading here on how it may help some depending on course size and all and not much concrete data I passed on trying further.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 10:01 AM   #7
DaveC113

Quote:
If you try it on an otherwise stock car then I can see not liking it, it's a bit too aggressive locking up the rear end. If you have 200tw tires, alignment and adjustable roll bars then I can't see not liking it, it makes the car more predictable and puts power down better.

I had an experienced codriver with a SS non-1LE setup for ESP at an event last year and he didn't even notice it, which imo is a good thing.

I'd assume GM is capable of reflashing the car to stock, but idk. I'm very happy with the calibration. I heard it's about the same as the ZL1 1LE stock calibration too.
Old 12-15-2023, 11:35 AM   #8
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
I read someone else posted on these forums that they bought a computer module online from a wrecked SS 1LE and installed it in their car before getting the autox eLSD tune so they could swap their original module in if they wanted to go back to the stock eLSD tune. That's what I'm planning to do if I get the eLSD tune in the future.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 01:42 PM   #9
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
I read someone else posted on these forums that they bought a computer module online from a wrecked SS 1LE and installed it in their car before getting the autox eLSD tune so they could swap their original module in if they wanted to go back to the stock eLSD tune. That's what I'm planning to do if I get the eLSD tune in the future.
Member Scargoes did that as well
Old 12-15-2023, 03:56 PM   #10
GAGT

Drives: 20' 1le
Quote:
Damn, think I could of gotten that 0.287 with the calibration? Next year.

-Erik
GAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 09:14 PM   #11
DaveC113

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Keep in mind the car will only work with 2 non-OEM modules according to a friend who is a master tech at a GM dealer. I have a '19+ EBCM and a ZLE suspension module. If you get coilovers the sus module is necessary to remove magride, otherwise you have to use those magride delete kits. So my 2 non-matching modules are already spent...
Old 12-16-2023, 01:54 AM   #12
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Is this calibration just for SS models? Or Zl1 can get it?
AZIROC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:07 AM   #13
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
SS 1LE only.
Old 12-16-2023, 09:21 AM   #14
clyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Just because it's supposed to be available for SS 1LE cars doesn't mean we can actually get it

But, yeah, the autocross calibration is only for SS 1LE cars. There is a drag race calibration available for ZL1s, but nothing for autocross.