Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 03-03-2024, 03:30 PM   #225
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
This OBD lock is selling for $24. It is a 3D-printer product, but it seems adequate for my purposes so far:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTW92ZPS...language=en-US

It also allows some front to back movement, so I was thinking about inserting a thin plastic shim to see if I can eliminate the slack.
I just bought one of these and installed it on a dummy obd port from Amazon. It pulled right off when I gave it a yank. Then when I tried to reinstall it, it broke. Back to Amazon it goes.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:21 PM   #226
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I just bought one of these and installed it on a dummy obd port from Amazon. It pulled right off when I gave it a yank. Then when I tried to reinstall it, it broke. Back to Amazon it goes.
Yeah that one looked useless. I have the stainless steel one that’s like $80. It doesn’t come off like that. Not that it couldn’t be preyed off I guess. On guy had his car broken into and the thieves couldn’t get it off nor the brake lock. Saved his car
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 05:52 AM   #227
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
One thing I just thought of since I do this right now as I’m recovering from a terrible bout with RSV and pneumonia, as I require oxygen for the time being and do this to put the tank in the back seat……..

I’ve programmed position #2 to move the seat all the wsy forward, the bottom to move all the way up, and the seat back to move all the way forward. That makes it super easy to put my O2 tank in the back before I get in, then pull it out when I get out. I park the car leaving the seat in position 2, so when I open the door I just slide the tank back in then press the exit position button on the door to move the seat back to my normal exit position. When I get in and press the start button, my seat moves to position #1.

This might sound strange but if you park the car with the seat moved all the way forward and the seat back all the way forward, it’s impossible to get any clear access to the OBD port through the window. You have to open the door to move the seat back out of the way. I know this might not be much of an anti-theft device perse but it’s surely something to complicate their attempt and take up time, or forcing them to at least think about the job when the see the seat all the way up through the window.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:49 AM   #228
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yeah that one looked useless. I have the stainless steel one that’s like $80. It doesn’t come off like that. Not that it couldn’t be preyed off I guess. On guy had his car broken into and the thieves couldn’t get it off nor the brake lock. Saved his car
Do you have a link? I purchased AutoCYB. It comes off with a slight tug. Paid $100 bucks which I didn't mind doing because the company is Veteran owned but wow what a piece of garbage. I think the issue is there is not enough insertion to fully engage the catch with the OBD port.

To further frustrate things is when I call the number, which is actually in the next county from me, you cannot leave a VM. Not feeling the love right now from AutoCYB.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:46 PM   #229
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odabo View Post
Do you have a link? I purchased AutoCYB. It comes off with a slight tug. Paid $100 bucks which I didn't mind doing because the company is Veteran owned but wow what a piece of garbage. I think the issue is there is not enough insertion to fully engage the catch with the OBD port.

To further frustrate things is when I call the number, which is actually in the next county from me, you cannot leave a VM. Not feeling the love right now from AutoCYB.
I bought it on Amazon. They even ran out at one point. Mfg is Tune Savers. but it was $80 and the only other one to fit our cars other then that cheap composite one or one for $189

Last edited by VR Baron; 03-06-2024 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:52 AM   #230
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odabo View Post

Geno's Garage for $50.95. Very similar to Tune Savers, but Tune Savers is out of stock or they aren't making them any more.

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/...ories-interior
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
Old 03-07-2024, 07:48 PM   #231
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
I unclipped the ODB Port so it would hang. The issue that prevents the latch from engaging is the OBD connector has a small shoulder. When I get time i'm going to trim AutoCYB which should give it little room.

Still haven't heard back from AutoCYB.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:05 PM   #232
Gen6

Drives: 2019 ZL1
For those that have IGLA, does it need to be installed by an installer or can it be done at home? If so, how are the directions?

Past: 2017 2SS | Auto| Garnet Red Tintcoat | Adrenaline Red | 6 Piston Brembos | MRC | NPP | Illuminated Front Bowtie | Sunroof | Navigation | Ground effects | Dark tail lights
Gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 12:31 AM   #233
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
I just installed Mobilistics. As others have mentioned simple install.

I looked at IGLA and was quoted $1200.
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:24 AM   #234
SpeZ

Drives: 2019 ZL1,2016 2SS, 2017 320d F30
I just found out, the OBD connector got its own fuse in the fuse box of the trunk.
Wouldnt be it a easy prevention to pull or insert a broken fuse?

F29 Fuse in the trunk
SpeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:45 AM   #235
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeZ View Post
I'm going to check into this today. Pull the fuse & make sure the OBD port doesn't work. I have a dummy OBD port clipped into the port location, and the live OBD port with cheapo AFM disabler plugged in, stuffed up into the dash. The disabler has lights in it, and I have a few OBD code scanners, so I'll check it out to make sure it doesn't have power when I pull the fuse.

I park in a garage in a safe neighborhood, but am going to be making an upcoming trip from WI to FL for vacation. I have the Mobilistics relay already, and I'm fine with pulling the OBD fuse during my vacation to keep it safe.

I wouldn't mind putting a blown fuse in the fuse box, so it's not so obvious. How easy is it to blow a fuse? Maybe it wouldn't matter, since there are plenty of open fuse spots already, another one might not be too obvious. I don't think a thief looking for a quick target is going to take the time to poke around in the trunk.

My Camaro Journal
Old 03-09-2024, 07:58 AM   #236
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeZ View Post
I just found out, the OBD connector got its own fuse in the fuse box of the trunk.

F29 Fuse in the trunk

Could be a great find, especially if that is a dedicated fuse and it wouldn't affect anything else by pulling it. Between that and the mobilistics, it might be a nice layering option to keep thieves at bay.
Deacon Blues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:41 AM   #237
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I'm going to check into this today. Pull the fuse & make sure the OBD port doesn't work. I have a dummy OBD port clipped into the port location, and the live OBD port with cheapo AFM disabler plugged in, stuffed up into the dash. The disabler has lights in it, and I have a few OBD code scanners, so I'll check it out to make sure it doesn't have power when I pull the fuse.

I park in a garage in a safe neighborhood, but am going to be making an upcoming trip from WI to FL for vacation. I have the Mobilistics relay already, and I'm fine with pulling the OBD fuse during my vacation to keep it safe.

I wouldn't mind putting a blown fuse in the fuse box, so it's not so obvious. How easy is it to blow a fuse? Maybe it wouldn't matter, since there are plenty of open fuse spots already, another one might not be too obvious. I don't think a thief looking for a quick target is going to take the time to poke around in the trunk.
You can turn off passive lock/unlock in infotainment also. That way only the fob can open the door and the trunk as far as I know. Worked for me.just don’t know if they get code with their method does their scanner then act like a fob to open the door anyway (?) At least if they just break the window they would have to fit through the window to hook up scanner to create new code. Keep fob in a faraday bag so they can’t read code when you leave the car .

Last edited by VR Baron; 03-09-2024 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:04 PM   #238
SpeZ

Drives: 2019 ZL1,2016 2SS, 2017 320d F30
Quote:
How easy is it to blow a fuse?
not sure right now what fuse it is. Probably a 15A.
Using a car battery and connecting + and - at each side of the fuse is enough to blow the fuse instantly.
(wouldnt do it with the used car battery in the trunk, or atleast completly disconnect before)

You can also break the fuse from the inside with a small flathead screwdriver. No one will notice unless you remove it and look closely.

I am really not sure how the thiefs use the OBD tho...
They break into the car plug the OBD in and program a new key. Does the OBD provide electricity even without ignition or do they use external power in order to access the modules?
If the OBD got no power with ignition on then they use external power, a broken fuse wont help for sure. Otherwise this would be an insanely good theft prevention without any costs.
SpeZ is offline   Reply With Quote