Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Where are your Black Friday dollars spent??

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Great Post and so true!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
As an economist, I take issue with this. If buying American makes you feel better,by all means, do so. But do not perpetuate the fallacy that it creates jobs or helps the economy.

I'd like to see the source you guys are referencing.

Nothing against you or your company, but that just goes against commonly accepted economic principle.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I didn't mean nor was I trying to imply it was our only issue in America's economy.
And I'm not looking for a debate as I am not an economist.

As a business owner I benefit from consumers buying my American made products, simple as that.
I'm not saying we shouldn't buy foreign product ever as some things are a great benefit to us and are needed.
But if someone decided to buy a knock off kit from China because it's cheaper than I can sell it for, because of inferior materials and cheaper labor costs. That does not keep me or my employees with a roof over our head.

And as a whole I believe American made products are superior in craftsmanship.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
I didn't mean nor was I trying to imply it was our only issue in America's economy.
And I'm not looking for a debate as I am not an economist.

As a business owner I benefit from consumers buying my American made products, simple as that.
I'm not saying we shouldn't buy foreign product ever as some things are a great benefit to us and are needed.
But if someone decided to buy a knock off kit from China because it's cheaper than I can sell it for, because of inferior materials and cheaper labor costs. That does not keep me or my employees with a roof over our head.

And as a whole I believe American made products are superior in craftsmanship.
I totally agree, on a case by case basis. I wasn't trying to pick on anyone in particular or say we shouldn't support American businesses, such as yours. What gets me is when people blindly stump for "Made in America." That does nothing but hurt the economy as a whole.

Consumers should always purchase the best value for themselves, regardless of place of origin.

To make an analogy in a microeconomic perspective, we could look at the smartphone industry. So many folks out there will buy Apple just because it is Apple that the innovation on the iPhone has fallen years behind Android devices. Apple knows people will purchase whatever iTurd they manufacture, simply because it has that little logo on the back.

Now I'm not saying Apple is hurting, not by any means. But if you think of it in terms of the industry as a whole and market share, they lost out big time.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
As an economist, I take issue with this. If buying American makes you feel better,by all means, do so. But do not perpetuate the fallacy that it creates jobs or helps the economy.

Nothing against you or your company, but that just goes against commonly accepted economic principle.

Not going to start a debate about it, that wasn't the point of Nick's post... but a couple of things to consider:
According to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, for every $1 that is spent in manufacturing, another $1.35 is added to the economy, in terms of not only manufacturing, but process fulfillment, shipping, handling, and retail employment.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 5.1 million fewer American manufacturing jobs now than at the start of 2001

According to the a 2011 U.S Government Study of American Industry an by an independent council, manufacturing supports an estimated 12 million jobs in the US. This number was more than 19 million in 1978.

The U.S. Census Bureau reported that the U.S. trade deficit in goods and services increased from $500 billion in 2010 to $558 billion in 2011, an increase of $58 billion (11.6 percent).

Six times between 1954 and 1981, the value of U.S. imports exceeded that of its exports. Since then, that trade balance has stayed negative every year since.

According to the Los Angeles Times, every factory job added creates three additional jobs. Other estimates are as high as five additional jobs. This is more powerful than any other segment of our economy.

I know there are a number of people who will say the same as you do, but as a person who is employed by a company that is US based, manufactures here, distributes here, and supports vendors here it is a very real set of statistics. Could we bottle our products in chinese bottles, use chinese sprayers, even chinese sourced cardboard and packaging and increase our bottom line? ABSOLUTELY! But the cost would be revenue for all the vendors up stream from us and ultimately at the expense of the employees of that company.

Somewhere (for example) at the sprayer company we buy thru theres a guy like me, working for a company that makes sprayers here in the US. If we pull our volume out of his world, reducing their demand to the tune of millions of units per year there is a real impact.

In the end everyone is entitled to an opinion and I don't judge anyone for their spending habits or how they choose to spend their money. Its absolutely unreasonable to expect anyone to buy ONLY American made... its virtually impossible in todays world. All we're suggesting is that when there is a USA made option maybe consider it. I recently bought the only US made shovel sold at Lowes... it was $2 more than the other one which was made in China. I can afford to spend an extra $2 and if that helps a US manufacture like us I'm all for it.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

I don't agree with this, but I respect the both of you and your company.

I think that companies like yours, driven by the customer experience, are something we have to be thankful for in this holiday season.

There's an old joke in economist circles, 'In the long run, we are all dead'

Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Quote:

There's an old joke in economist circles, 'In the long run, we are all dead'

LOL... I like that. Up there with my personal favorite -

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

and

Its all fun and games until someone loses and eye... then its just fun that you can't see

Old 11-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
I totally agree, on a case by case basis. I wasn't trying to pick on anyone in particular or say we shouldn't support American businesses, such as yours. What gets me is when people blindly stump for "Made in America." That does nothing but hurt the economy as a whole.

Consumers should always purchase the best value for themselves, regardless of place of origin.

To make an analogy in a microeconomic perspective, we could look at the smartphone industry. So many folks out there will buy Apple just because it is Apple that the innovation on the iPhone has fallen years behind Android devices. Apple knows people will purchase whatever iTurd they manufacture, simply because it has that little logo on the back.

Now I'm not saying Apple is hurting, not by any means. But if you think of it in terms of the industry as a whole and market share, they lost out big time.

Yay let's bash Apple! One of my favorite pass times as a system builder!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Nick - nice ad!

I picked up 2 of your $100 gift card and 16oz detail spray for $85.

I'm keeping one and giving another to my dad. He just bought a new m6 and is going to need some quality products. I almost died when I saw he was using a $3 bottle of liquid wax!
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:

It's a marketing ad, get over yourself.

And comparing apple to android is retarded when looking at market share. You're comparing an operating system (android) to a piece of hardware (iPhone)
Android runs on over 100 phones, iOS runs on iPhones only. Androids also had phones offered by more carriers longer. And most importantly people buy what they are familiar with.

If you want to get a true view on apple vs android you may want to look at projected customer retention.

Adams makes good products, your post wasnt needed and certainly wasn't solicited.

Sent from my iPAD mini

Last edited by Msmall143; 11-30-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Nick - nice ad!

I picked up 2 of your $100 gift card and 16oz detail spray for $85.

I'm keeping one and giving another to my dad. He just bought a new m6 and is going to need some quality products. I almost died when I saw he was using a $3 bottle of liquid wax!
Thanks for your business...and for getting your dad on the right track!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Economy? I thought this was a car forum...

Anyways -

Adams, I have a small issue. I noticed you have phased out the porter cable, as well as your "old" polish system. I have the 5-step setup: swirl/haze, severe swirl, fine machine polish, sealant, and glaze....

... sooooo, what do i do for pads now? Am I SOL? how do I use this system now, since I have quite a bit of product left.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Economy? I thought this was a car forum...

Anyways -

Adams, I have a small issue. I noticed you have phased out the porter cable, as well as your "old" polish system. I have the 5-step setup: swirl/haze, severe swirl, fine machine polish, sealant, and glaze....

... sooooo, what do i do for pads now? Am I SOL? how do I use this system now, since I have quite a bit of product left.
Geez man... check in with us more often! We changed that stuff back in July

J/K

The pads didn't change. The orange and white foam pads are still the same as they were before the chemical overhaul. The only pad that went away was the green.

All our pads are still compatible with the PC, we don't sell the tool itself, but we still sell products that work with it.