Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #15
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Further false, a local member here had his ENTIRE WARRANTY VOIDED because of a catch can install, GM refused to fix / replace his engine's issue due to the catch can. Oil pump ended up being the culprit, which GM couldn't prove.

They didn't care, GM turned around and said "Hey it's aftermarket, we're not responsible for your engine anymore."
The stealer caused the problem with the void... once voided and entered in to GM's system, it's a done deal.

A different competent dealer, a different result.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if the dealer notices them they can void it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:50 AM   #17
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I could be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but I believe the real performance gain is the combination of long tubes and a good tune. It seems to me that just adding high flows without the benefit of a tune would not justify the price of the HF cats, let alone risking warranty. Just not worth it IMHO.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #18
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Everything you do to this car voids the warranty for some reason .Yet after being here a while now I can only think of one thread where someone has had warranty claim trouble because of a so called mod....yet I've read many posts from guys with basic boltons having no trouble. The fact that we never really know the whole story when it comes to people's problems on here.....there's always more to it then what gets posted. We can't sit here a post that certain things will void a warranty for sure. Nobody knows for sure.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #19
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I could be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but I believe the real performance gain is the combination of long tubes and a good tune. It seems to me that just adding high flows without the benefit of a tune would not justify the price of the HF cats, let alone risking warranty. Just not worth it IMHO.
no its not really worth it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #20
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
If you have a 11' or 12' Camaro your warranty already expired, so why would you worry about your warranty?
Old 09-03-2016, 04:01 PM   #21
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
If you have a 11' or 12' Camaro your warranty already expired, so why would you worry about your warranty?
They wouldn't fix the issues with it when it was anyways. That valve noise was "normal" and "not the same as the TSB noise". That's why engine is in pieces and my heads are on the bench now.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:26 PM   #22
RS Speedriver

Drives: 2018 camaro 1ss 1LE
no....
RS Speedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #23
2012OrangeVert

Drives: 2012 Orange 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
I have a warranty on drivetrain till 100,000. Also 4 years or 48,000 miless bumper to bumper, plus a 2 year certified where they do all oil changes for free. Got all that when I bought the car a few months ago. But I still might do more mods to it. I am just weighing out my options.
2012OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #24
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
hi flow cats will void the warranty any way. with out a tune you will get a check engine light.
Not true. As long as you don't tune your ok. You will not need a tune with HF cats. You may want angled O2 extenders on rear O2 sensors. I ran Shorty headers, Solo HF cats and no tune for 18 months. No CEL's. I had warranty work done twice. One of those was a complete replacement of my NPP system cat back. Dealer did not care that I had shorty headers or HF cats! All under warranty. Only cared I rated them well in the GM survey!

2014 1LE.
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:45 PM   #25
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
no its not really worth it.
It's totally worth it.

You gain noticeable HP, even without a tune. And you get an exhaust note better than any cat back system will give you.

So more power and killer sound... what's not to like?

And it's easily reversible if you are worried about the warranty.

There is literally no downside.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:49 PM   #26
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
If you're dumb enough to show up at the dealership with a modded car, don't be surprised when they void your warranty! If you do, then you deserve to have your warranty voided! I was told, that if I have the Z/28 intake installed on my car here in California, then my warranty will be voided. Guess what intake the dealership sees when I show up for service? OEM, that's right. My warranty is still intact.
Guess I'm dumb. LOL Not really. I have headers, HF cats, tune, ported TB, CAI. I still had warranty work done on my car 2 weeks ago. Magnusson law does not allow them to void your warranty on things your mods don't affect. I have 7 mos of warranty left. Lingenfelter is putting cam and valve train upgrade on my car in a couple weeks. That will affect a bit more of the warranty! LOL But not interior stuff or suspension.
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #27
GraySS2011

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray 2SS 6 speed
Quote:
Maybe he has an Extended warranty. My GMPP warranty goes to 2018 on my 2011.
GraySS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:37 AM   #28
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
The stealer caused the problem with the void... once voided and entered in to GM's system, it's a done deal.

A different competent dealer, a different result.
Not true. You can deal with the GM rep directly, and he can authorize it. Ask me how I know.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote