Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #15
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
two doors in more than enough for me, two extra doors takes away from room inside for me. both sharp vehicles and in the best color for any car!! give me the Camaro

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #16
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
You'll get more thumbs up in the Chev. Mercedes is nice but the branding is not my style
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #17
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
I don't care how well it performs. I would still choose the Camaro. Since you already have one, then I would have chose a used Stang or Challenger. They It have the better blend of looks and performance IMO. I think all Mercedes look like ass to be honest and it would probably be the last car I'd pick, but that's just my taste. Good luck on the repair costs if you have any down the road. Many people fall into the trap of buying a car which is exotic or really high end after it depreciates and enters the realm of affordability only to then go broke trying to maintain or repair it. My father-in-law learned this with his used Porsche when it needed a $10K brake job.

J
Old 10-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #18
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
My friend at work just got a 2017 C63 AMG coupe. BI turbo V8 it's very nice and fast car. He does not worry about the repair bills as he trades them in on new ones before the warranty runs out. Nice ride OP.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #19
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I don't care how well it performs. I would still choose the Camaro. Since you already have one, then I would have chose a used Stang or Challenger. They It have the better blend of looks and performance IMO. I think all Mercedes look like ass to be honest and it would probably be the last car I'd pick, but that's just my taste. Good luck on the repair costs if you have any down the road. Many people fall into the trap of buying a car which is exotic or really high end after it depreciates and enters the realm of affordability only to then go broke trying to maintain or repair it. My father-in-law learned this with his used Porsche when it needed a $10K brake job.

J
I call it the ELE. End of Life Event occurs when the repair cost is higher than the actual value of the vehicle.

However, he has an extended warranty. Excellent protection against catastrophic failure. As long as he is not on the hook for repairs, it makes sense.

The only concern then is scheduled maintenance and what part that plays with the warranty. Some of the maintenance recommendations at certain mileage intervals are QUITE spendy, yet if not performed, warranty will not apply.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #20
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
My friend at work just got a 2017 C63 AMG coupe. BI turbo V8 it's very nice and fast car. He does not worry about the repair bills as he trades them in on new ones before the warranty runs out. Nice ride OP.
Leasing is the way to go for euro cars. The new C63 is fast and all, but they sound like a cow on diarrhea. It's embarrassing to listen to let alone drive it.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #21
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
automatic.... lame
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:48 PM   #22
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
wouldn't touch that with a barge pole..all ok untill something goes wrong.then u need a mortgage to repair it
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:20 AM   #23
SSmitch

Drives: 14 2SS/RS/1LE
Great combination of vehicles, congrats...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Livernois Motorsports:
Ported Heads, TB & Intake.
2 R Max Cam (W/upgraded dual valve springs & pushrods)
Kooks 1 7/8" SS Headers, HF Cats & NPP Exhaust
MSD Wire Set/Roto-Fab CAI
Elite Oil Catch Can/GM Oil Catch Can (Clean Side)
Custom Tune 93 Octane
500 WHP 453 WTQ
Sound Bite:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBUYF1Ce9Q
Dyno Run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPE6DrtnVfo
SSmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #24
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Nice merc. There must be 10 of those on my block alone. I like smoking them.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #25
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Watch out for electrical gremlins, I had a 2000 C280 and a 2008 C350 and they both had annoying issues with bulbs going out.. :P

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #26
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
My GF has a 2007 SLK 280 Roadster very sexy little car (real head turner) but everytime she goes for a ride with me in the Camaro and I come onto the throttle she mutters.. "Man I love this car".... Hers is really nice and so far hasn't cost her much coin but I know its coming...

I convinced her to get the 4 year extended warranty when she bought it as I felt it was easily worth it on a 7 year old car when purchased. It only had 30k miles mind you. OP you have a unique pairing of cars and they are both awesome in their own ways.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #27
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

J
Mmmk. Well none of what you're saying is factual insight. I know people with Camaro that had more service costs than my friends with Mercedes. Anyone can make a general (ignorant) comment about the maintenance of a higher end car.

Why on earth would I buy a mustang or challenger? Cuz I need another boat that doesn't handle and is sub-par manufactured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
automatic.... lame
Paddle shift, actually... like the automatic camaro... still lame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
Nice merc. There must be 10 of those on my block alone. I like smoking them.
I'm sure. That's nice. Try mine. With 2k in mods (a lone tune and filters) this thing already runs with my camaro that has 20k in mods. Super camaro greatness right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
wouldn't touch that with a barge pole..all ok untill something goes wrong.then u need a mortgage to repair it
Another brilliant statement. Nothing I've had to fix on this car yet has cost anymore than parts for the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
two doors in more than enough for me, two extra doors takes away from room inside for me. both sharp vehicles and in the best color for any car!! give me the Camaro
What? You mean the two giant camaro doors that you need an empty parking space next to you in order to not break your ass getting out? Takes away room on the inside? The only person I have ever been able to get in the backseat of the Camaro was my GFs 90 lbs daughter. I can park the Mercedes anywhere, open the door fully without smacking into anything, and comfortably seat four.

Should have known better than to post this here. God forbid we do anything by worship god's gift to humanity, the perfection that is the 5th gen Camaro. I know for all the delusional fanboys, it's flawless.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:15 PM   #28
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Congrats on the new ride. Happy to hear you found something you really like ... enjoy