Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-31-2017, 01:33 AM   #15
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
So apparently there's like one exhaust shop left near me and they're backed up for days so I went to a Meineke

Anyway, I have this:
http://www.phastekperformance.com/Ca...pipe-11386.htm

Magnaflow 11386, presumably to replace the factory H-pipe to try and knock out some of my exhaust drone.

They started off by arguing that it's a muffler and not an X, but once we got past that, they brought me out to look under the car and tell them where it's supposed to go - pointing out the H - and they said there's no way it would fit, that even if it did fit in the tunnel there would be no room for them to weld it.

It did look like it was going to be pretty tight - anyone else have this issue? Does it just look tighter than it actually is (that's what she said)? I finally told them to just take it off the rack and took it back home with me to figure out what to do.
I have this combined with muffler delete and stock cats and manifolds. I personally love the sound, sounds like it should've from the factory.

The shop is right, it is a muffler. That's how Magnaflow advertises it and sells it. You'll find it on their website under universal mufflers. However, it does have an x-pipe inside of it.

The guy that put mine in did a great job. Did not have to drop the exhaust. He placed it towards the front of the tunnel. It honestly looks like GM put it there at the factory.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #16
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Not sure on fitment, others have answered that for you. But to weld it they need to drop the exhaust...very easy to do. I welded in my Magniflow X-pipe and have done this on 2 buddies cars now as well. On this X pipe the pipes were about 1/8 inch closer together than the exhaust. I cut the cross bars and after fitment into the X pipe and welded up, i filled the gap and welded the cross bars back together. Shops need to be smarter and want to help.
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote