Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-21-2018, 04:47 PM   #15
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnhowe84 View Post
Parts from Mace came, incomplete order tho. Missing the piston rods, piston rings cyl gaskets and plenum spacer. Got 88lb valve springs instead of 90lb. apparently they will never be in stock again that they are aware of. Looking at long tube headers to ensure positive flow vs my gutted cats and catback setup currently. pickup some extra horsies too.
Did you order the pistons from the website?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #16
fnhowe84

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels M6 & 2010 1LE V6 M6
I have been dealing directly with their team on the parts orders. About 5 different people through this process. Are you inferring that the pistons I got are not "MACE" pistons? The piston rods I believe are also not Mace manuf rods. THe valve springs came from some where else also, no clue who the brand manuf for that is...
Old 11-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #17
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
I have been dealing directly with their team on the parts orders. About 5 different people through this process. Are you inferring that the pistons I got are not "MACE" pistons? The piston rods I believe are also not Mace manuf rods. THe valve springs came from some where else also, no clue who the brand manuf for that is...
Nope, was curious since they are exactly what LLT pistons should be.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #18
fnhowe84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Nope, was curious since they are exactly what LLT pistons should be.

What do you mean by should, that oem should have been these? the oem replacement are platter style aren't they?
Old 11-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #19
fnhowe84

where did you mount the clean side (2nd) catch can?
Old 01-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #20
Crusin
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 2017 Silverado
How's the rebuild coming along? Was thinking of doing the same here.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #21
fnhowe84

Well, engine is back from the shop, lower half and heads assembled. Porting, polishing and port matching complete. RAM 75-2105 and throwout bearing arriving today. Waiting for my buddy to get a project out of his garage so we can reassemble. Based on his schedule it looks like im looking at the first of June. Keep checking back!

I picked up a Might Mouse (10an, holy mother of pearl overkill) yes i know, but Im going to play with dual catch can setup with the larger can on the clean side. The Elite can is doing just fine on the dirty side.

While typing this thread I just realized i need to get some exhaust mani gaskets and check the port match on that.

Also, to all of you who have the Mace Engineering intake spacer and plenum spacer, the intake spacers are NOT port matched and definitely need to be (might create a high pressure scenario based on the overlap direction ((not good)). Thinking of picking up an additional plenum gasket to seal the spacer to the mani and the lid (instead of permatex)

Will post of some pictures once assembly starts. I'll also post up pictures of the clutch as soon as I can. I have loooked for miles to find the weight of the stock clutch for comparison against the upgrade and cant find it anywhere, so I'll post up that information as well.

Thanks for checking in!
Old 05-15-2019, 07:20 AM   #22
fnhowe84

RAM Clutch 75-2105 with aluminum flywheel and 78192 throwout bearing (slave cylinder)
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #23
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Yes, Mine Blew The drivers Side Head Gasket (just a water leak) no water in the oil.
We are going to rebuild from the head up.
Match port heads and intake
Plenum spacer for LLT
Timing Chains
Water Pump
90# valve Springs
Camshafts
Gasket set/Bolts
Rebuilt heads/Injectors
10% under drive Pulleys
Headers
Hp Tuners/Overkill
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #24
fnhowe84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Yes, Mine Blew The drivers Side Head Gasket (just a water leak) no water in the oil.
We are going to rebuild from the head up.
Match port heads and intake
Plenum spacer for LLT
Timing Chains
Water Pump
90# valve Springs
Camshafts
Gasket set/Bolts
Rebuilt heads/Injectors
10% under drive Pulleys
Headers
Hp Tuners/Overkill

Oh man you got lucky! For those springs, you will need locators if they are round beehive. The springs overlap the edged of the valve seals which under mid range rpm could cause unusual wear on the hats of the seals. This is per my machinist who builds race engines and doesnt want to see me back with more metal in my oil!) See attached pictures on clearances. My springs came from Performance Springs in AUS and we had a long drawn out debate over this. I had my valves ported and seated and the excess removed made up for the difference of thickness of the locator.

My machinist said under midgrange RPM (4k) you will get some movement, twist and walk on the springs.
Left to right, New spring, Stock seal, Stock spring. the dims are ID (inside) except for the seal which is the OD (outside) of the base just before the hat
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #25
fnhowe84

the third picture of spring in hand is the stock spring on the valve seal. all the rest are the upgraded 90#
Old 05-20-2019, 03:45 PM   #26
acstudios

Drives: 08 CTS
Quote:
RAM Clutch 75-2105 with aluminum flywheel and 78192 throwout bearing (slave cylinder)
Let me know how you like that new flywheel and clutch setup. I have the AY6 on my CTS and it's a pile of trash for the most part. I did put a new LUK clutch and Royal Purple in it that helped a bit, but it's pretty terrible still. The DMF is a an absolute piece of junk and should be burned lol.
acstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:07 AM   #27
fnhowe84

Quote:
Originally Posted by acstudios View Post
Let me know how you like that new flywheel and clutch setup. I have the AY6 on my CTS and it's a pile of trash for the most part. I did put a new LUK clutch and Royal Purple in it that helped a bit, but it's pretty terrible still. The DMF is a an absolute piece of junk and should be burned lol.

Will do, hoping to get this thing all back together soon.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #28
fnhowe84

I agree on the DMF. I wont go with a short throw due to the syncro issue also. I found that right around 6200-6500 rpm is the sweet spot for speed shifting without the grind and i get a really good pull feeling from the rear also. I also will be separating the clutch fluid from the brake.