Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #883
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW7 View Post
I do business with First State and the so called wrecked offer replacement car has a clean history report. It appears after a few calls it was found out a Ford dealer in the area had replaced the front bumper cover as the result of a parking lot type bump or bruise. Nothing more. So the offer made was 2012 car with 13k miles new rubber all around, 1 year warranty extension thru Certified program and $4000 of goodwill to do with as Hoopers pleased. Car also had more equipment in the form of moonroof and polished wheels. Sounds fair in my book
At the very least a reasonable offer. Not to be ridiculed as it has been.

And if that's true then the OP got paid $1.30 a mile for 3000 extra miles the car had on it. I'd have taken that deal. Even WITH the 2 owners. But I won't say the OP is wrong for refusing it. He did not want a sunroof. lol
Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #884
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
One thing I would like to know is did any charges get put on the person that entered the dealership , took the car, totaled the car , snaped a telephone pole. Where I am at this person would have spent time in the local jail, make a court apperance and have a record on them to follow them around for the rest of their life. Or just firing the person from the dealership the penalty for what they did?
I wouldn't think that would have happened anywhere in the US!
I feel sorry for the owner of the car and hope this all works out and then some! Don't give up and keep the pressure on them to make it good for ya!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #885
Schmo Z

Drives: IOM ZL1
Sounds like we know a lot of the facts since the dealer owner seams to say what he wants and both sides are at a stale mate now. The only thing I did not see numerous time was that the employee had a passenger in the car at the time of the accident, he was not at the site when authorities arrived though. I'm sure in your business world if you screwed something up you would make it right not just make it up, we do that at ours when mistake happen. It makes for happy customers and great press. It's not that a company screws up but how they rectify the situation that counts.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #886
mickmosh

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I do business with First State and the so called wrecked offer replacement car has a clean history report. It appears after a few calls it was found out a Ford dealer in the area had replaced the front bumper cover as the result of a parking lot type bump or bruise. Nothing more. So the offer made was 2012 car with 13k miles new rubber all around, 1 year warranty extension thru Certified program and $4000 of goodwill to do with as Hoopers pleased. Car also had more equipment in the form of moonroof and polished wheels. Sounds fair in my book
So guess they'll just rewrite the Carfax to not say involved in a wreck just on your word? Guess it was only matter of time before dealership tards start joining and post shit!

Any chance the ems that posted pic from the night of wreck could shed some light on the 2nd person in car? Would be funny if it was dealership family member
Old 01-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #887
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
At the very least a reasonable offer. Not to be ridiculed as it has been.

And if that's true then the OP got paid $1.30 a mile for 3000 extra miles the car had on it. I'd have taken that deal. Even WITH the 2 owners. But I won't say the OP is wrong for refusing it. He did not want a sunroof. lol
You might not think the OP deserves an upgrade but I do. Just for the inconvenience of having his car totaled by a moron that WORKED for the
dealership.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #888
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
Why does everyone here think he deserves a new car?

His ZL1 was worth, at best, $47kish.....
Put yourself in his shoes. You traded in your 2011 2SS Camaro, and sold your other prized 1969 Camaro SS. You ordered a new ZL1 spec'ed out for you. You waited many months for it to arrive...

You drove it for ~ 10K miles...

and then this happened.

The dealer (with help of insurance) should make him out of this like it never happened. Anything else is him getting screwed.

Mr. Hooper paying for title, taxes, tag, lawyer fees, depreciation, etc.... is him getting screwed.

If they find a great one with less miles, clean carfax, but it is orange (not the color he spec'ed) ... it is a downgrade in his eyes... as it would be in mine.

Mr. Hooper did nothing wrong. That is what you guys need to remember.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #889
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
You might not think the OP deserves an upgrade but I do. Just for the inconvenience of having his car totaled by a moron that WORKED for the
dealership.
I didn't say he doesn't deserve it. IMO he deserves it. I just don't think he's entitled to it.

Big difference.

My whole train of thought here, from the info we have, is that they should have it offered to him. He's perfectly right to accept it. But can not demand it.

All the dealer has done is tried to make it right without losing money. Big mistake as it turns out. And that was his decision. He could have handled this much better. He obviously wanted to wait for the insurance to iron out which he should not have.

Last edited by PQ; 01-11-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #890
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Was it a "Good" deal? Only one person can answer that, and he said it wasn't. The dealership is being lazy. Go find a car with the same options he had and with less or equal mileage. Its not hard, I found a 2013 ZL1, one owner with 6k miles near me for $48k. Seriously, the dealer is being an idiot and is getting what he deserves.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #891
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
Put yourself in his shoes. You traded in your 2011 2SS Camaro, and sold your other prized 1969 Camaro SS. You ordered a new ZL1 spec'ed out for you. You waited many months for it to arrive...

You drove it for ~ 10K miles...

and then this happened.

The dealer (with help of insurance) should make him out of this like it never happened. Anything else is him getting screwed.

Mr. Hooper paying for title, taxes, tag, lawyer fees, depreciation, etc.... is him getting screwed.

If they find a great one with less miles, clean carfax, but it is orange (not the color he spec'ed) ... it is a downgrade in his eyes... as it would be in mine.

Mr. Hooper did nothing wrong. That is what you guys need to remember.
That is the worst part. He did nothing to cause this. AND it was warranty work. So he didn't even want the car there in the first place but subpar workmanship cause him to HAVE to take his car back. UGH......

Paying taxes at the rate we do is us getting screwed.
Watching them, then, waste the way they do is us getting screwed.
Me having to pay taxes to the school district when my kids are in private schools is me getting screwed.
We get screwed by insurance all the time as a whole.

So, yes, this guy get's screwed, but so would the dealer. The legal balance for this is insurance. Can this dealership sue GM for part of this because it was GMs paint that caused the car to have to be there in the first place?

Dude should have been taken care of to be whole right away. But, It's not like the dealer has not tried. Dealer does not want to take a loss because of this shit. I don't blame him. BAD move, but that was his rightful decision.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #892
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSX_Camaro View Post
Was it a "Good" deal? Only one person can answer that, and he said it wasn't. The dealership is being lazy. Go find a car with the same options he had and with less or equal mileage. Its not hard, I found a 2013 ZL1, one owner with 6k miles near me for $48k. Seriously, the dealer is being an idiot and is getting what he deserves.
It had 3k more miles and had a sunroof. (dude was offered 4 thousand dollars for the extra 3k miles) You can find a car closer than that to the wrecked car?

At least the dealer is trying. That deal was at least fair and in good faith.

Again, they could try harder from a equitability standpoint but so be it. It's their decision. Seems these days our 'Decisions' are being taken away from us because 'people' know better what is good for us.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #893
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

So, yes, this guy get's screwed, but so would the dealer....
Why would anyone care if the dealer gets screwed? It was their fault to begin with. Sucks for them, but they need to pay up.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #894
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
Why would anyone care if the dealer gets screwed? It was their fault to begin with. Sucks for them, but they need to pay up.
See that's where I guess I make my switch as to who SHOULD do what.

The dealer did not do anything wrong. They are a victim in this as well. A much lesser victim but I will not hold the level of responsibility different with who has more money being the differing factor. Which is what is happening here to a large extent.

A good business decision would have the dealer order him a new car since the car had fairly low miles. But I don't see where it was required accountability wise officially. Like, by law. (which is what we are hearing here) They don't want to lose money. The deal they offered was fair. If it's not acceptable to the customer then that is fine. Customer get's to be the one who ultimately decides. But to say the dealer tried to screw him over is punishing the dealer because they are a business and must have plenty of money. And it boils down to that here.

This type of thing is why nobody touches my car any more but me. But every time I've ever dropped my car off I've said the same thing. It's insured, I'm not worried about it. I mod, I know I lose the extra unless I buy extra insurance for it.

I can't say enough though, I do think the dealer should give him a new car at this point. BUT, the deal offered him was fair and they can keep looking for a similar car. And, again, what if that car had 20k miles on it? 30k or 40k? Who get's to make the decision at what point he does not get to 'demand' a brand new car?

I think this guy might have heard a few people tell him he should get a new car so is demanding it. At this point I doubt he get's it.

To answer your question as to why anyone would care if the dealer get's screwed...... I own a business. I know how thin profit can be. I don't hold it against someone just because they might have more money.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #895
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
To back OP ,I would not want a used ZL1 with a "parking lot type bump or bruise type of thing" bumper replaced at Ford either. (which I am sure says "front end impact" somewhere on paper). Secondly there are civil liabilities at play here and dealer and employee share this and will pay in civil court. Thirdly I am sure most of all of us that have some customer business sense would agree its a no brainer and right thing to do with a 100% new replacment no questions asked. The OP's car was almost new and and the fact we all know they already made a killin on an iconic 1969, and a 2ss, im sure they can suck it up give him the new zL1 and avoid all that has ensued and most likely still come out even from the original deal. The liabilities owed in the end will far outweigh the extra 4k they offered. You screw up bad in society you pay for it and the compensation is based on how outrageous the act, and this one qualifys for more then 4k.
To GM folks that seem to have no problem speaking there opinions any other time on this forum as a rep at times and others as your personal opinion, I standby my first post....
...crickets...
crickets...

the janitor at GMs bonus could pay for the difference between OP and dealer.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
Old 01-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #896
BHW7

Drives: 2010 2SS
BSX one problem if he wants another car then the OP needs to go buy it and let dealer help him out with goodwill after that. I damn sure wouldn't go out and buy another only to have OP say oh sorry but I don't like this one either.I think the OP is certainly entitled to some help but it seems all about a windfall now.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1