Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #43
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I've got a 2011 SS, a 2008 Bullitt, and a 72 Mach1.

Had an 09 Challenger, 04 SRT-10 (sold)
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #44
myrally

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs summit white
had a 04 competition orange mach 1 , had a 05 screaming yellow v6 vert mustang ,now a 2012 v6 agm Camaro.. yes we get crap about having a v6 an much hate from the mustang club I was vp of... but no regrets.. if I wanted a v8 id buy one ..
myrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #45
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
I use to be a huge fan of the Mustang growing up... then the Camaro came out. I still like the Mustang, but you have to be able to respect both cars for what they do well.
Lol this reminded me of my brother going off about the ills of Mustangs after I got a Camaro
CocoaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #46
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
No Mustang, but I do have an F-150. Does that count? My F-150 does have the same Coyote 5.0 that the Mustangs have.
It's funny, a few guys on the F-150 forum gave me crap for having a Camaro.

tom231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 AM   #47
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post
No Mustang, but I do have an F-150. Does that count? My F-150 does have the same Coyote 5.0 that the Mustangs have.
It's funny, a few guys on the F-150 forum gave me crap for having a Camaro.

I like your white car/black stripe combination

Personally, I don't own a Mustang, but my cousin does. Each time we see each other, we compliment each others rides and talk about how awesome it is to own muscle cars!

Name:  IMG_2391.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  110.5 KB

Sorry for the night shot, it's the only picture I had.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #48
Solok

Drives: Imperial Blue Metallic 2LT
I own both, but they are a few years apart.

'67 Mustang and '11 Camaro

Old 07-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #49
6camaro

Drives: 2010 SS
I also have a 95 Mustang GT. I am actually more involved on my local mustang forum.

No real hate, several on there have Camaros/Vettes/etc.. As someone else said mostly just car guys.

Lots of nice rides in this thread. My favorite is the termi though.
6camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #50
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
I have 2 of each....

Highly modded 67 Camaro, Livernois built 2010 Camaro, Livernois built 06 Mustang GT, and the wife has 09 Shelby vert

All fun to drive, and each offer performance in there mod settings. However, the 10 Camaro with 633 rwhp is the beast!
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #51
TonyNDeb

Drives: Candy
05 Stang GT Vert for the wife, and the 14 Z/28 for me.

TonyNDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #52
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I believe the amount of hate is also along the lines of brand loyalty and how many times they busted their knuckles trying to fit a wrench in around the huge 5.0...... You see a pushrod engine is smaller by far than a 5.0 and if looking under the hood there is no room to work on one when it comes to the mustang..... And envy is part as many admire the lines of the fifth gen and mustangs are everywhere and have just made a fairly drastic body change of their own becoming IRS equipped vehicles now and slower than they were.
The hate they spread about g.m. being Government motors..well they do not like to look back at fords problems and their bail outs, and sure they do not want to look back at the history of mustangs with their drop in fuel tanks being favored by a president not to make the biggest recall ever.... I know from the roots if it was not for chevy pushing the envelope with the 67 Camaro the mustang could have stayed a cheaper non muscle car.....I also know if not for all the options that came on our fifth gens the mustang lagging far behind on options has made ford install the options into mustangs over time to make them a better deal fro ford owners.... I know I researched over the years and the 2010 Camaro had so many things the mustang did not it was I am sure embarrassing to Ford and the price was well a little better for a Camaro.

Sure others may hate but having owned Fords and Chevys.... there is a whole lot of reasons so many classic cars have Chevy engines in them, and Chevy ignitions... and do not have huge shock towers, or suspension like a old Comet or elephant motors like Dodge made in the day, or nylon timing gears etc...or timing belts etc etc Many designs carry problems, many problems really suck, But brand loyalty can be something learned from past mechanical work on cars....... Or it can be just there from relatives or past car buying.

Having wrenched on cars for decades building old school muscle I learned to hate various things like say oh...A Grenada ignition, or a Yugo's fall apart design, etc etc
My brand loyalty was earned by practical working experience and making what worked the cheapest the easiest looked the best and had the most resell, bang for the buck, and was the most reliable. And that's why I am a old school Chevy guy along with a whole herd of a Kabilllion people... Sure a old or even a new f-150 looks nice but hey everything comes with its in built problems if you look hard enough, some would say our visability is too low...I would say, Hey at least we don't have a live rear axle and four cams to change to build our motor ...
The last ford I owned was a 2006 ford f-150 Harley Davidson edition, sure a nice looking black truck, the 4.6 put out about 300 h.p. and it was all wheel drive, the thing could not burn rubber for its life with low profile 20's on it,( the next year they supercharged the engine because it was so weak), the engine having came from the old 2 valve cylinder heads to the new tritons was a real improvement for ford as they would not recall all the previous 4.6 liters head that blew the spark plugs right out of the heads due to the lack of enough material being on the head to effectively screw into for the plugs/////MANY HAD TO HELICOIL OR REPLACE THE HEADS......on a 4.6 and yes the ford triton had 100,000 mile two piece spark plugs....that liked to break off on the tip from carbon as they discovered the tips were long and weak and the plugs should have been coated to keep them from being carbon encrusted...I know I had the ford mechanics suck half my spark plug tips out of my cylinders when doing a plug change as one of the plugs cracked causing a misfire my DIC told me about. That my friends was just another hard lesson learned, the $500 spark plug change that has to use the original $20 each spark plugs...the most expensive spark plug change I ever had or will have. But I was at least glad the 2006 did not have the weak frames Ford ignored on the prior years before they upgraded them rather than recall all of them kind of like the original mustang and its Pinto gas tank comparison.

Sure Chevy has made mistakes with parts, cars, problems, etc, but many ford owners I have experienced through car shows and years of motoring are fairly ignorant on their won vehicles and live in a happy land of bliss.... The same could be said for many other cars owners, god come on some one had buy Matadors etc...lol
SO haters are gonnna Hate, I my self prefer the mid 2000's on up mustangs and think they have gone way too new age on their current build and wonder what they are ever going to top the 5.0 engine with as its supposed to be so much all that.....at least until you have to work on it....lol do enjoy a nice ride though and they come in many flavors, the problems of each flavor can be reviewed...I am part of a site that I report my car problems too and let me tell you...the newer Mustangs lag behind the Camaro in guality but mainly as they have some serious trans issues with their automatics and radio problems with their lipsync ...but sure as anything just like in the day...dodge is bringing up the rear with problems abounding more than the Fiat company wants to deal with or well the Germans either....lol
Well that's my ramble, sure everyone pops out a Lemon once in a while, we are very fortunate in our Camaros to be of great quality usually more than other comparable muscle cars for this day and age, and the engines are worthy of being envious over as ours are just like say oh a kabillion Small block chevy engines out there ....just more cheaper and easier to build to better h.p. in the long run making them more popular in the long run by far..... Enough to piss a ford guy off. And haters gonna hate....... Sure the Camaro is too heavy, and sure its too heavy because of all that luxurious stuff they did not have on Mustangs like IRS, and heated mirrors and seats, and back up cams, and auto dimming headlights, and etc etc that Mustangs eventually had added thanks to Camaros this generation....and do the Mustang guys thank us... no we are the competition. ANd we are left to wonder ....When will they get the HUD like BMW just put in its 3 series......did we affect that change? LOL more than just a Muscle car...the Camaro a Luxury Beast....
Old 11-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #53
suzbndt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2011 Mustang GT
I had 11 track pack 5.0 and my 10' at the same time. The ford had a bunch of little problems that they refused to fix, so it got traded off for a new passat.
suzbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #54
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I also own a 65 GT Fastback that I have done a restomod conversion on. Classic lines, but with all new technology.
Attached Images

3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #55
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by walky35 View Post
I actually almost posted something similar the other day. i was just reading around on a few mustang forums and noticed the hostility towards Camaro. From what i read there is almost no respect for our SS while all i see on here is respect towards the 5.0.
Yep somedays I think this is a mutsang 5.0 fan club. I like the mustang but there is a reason why I bought my Camaro.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #56
essess

Drives: 10 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I believe the amount of hate is also along the lines of brand loyalty and how many times they busted their knuckles trying to fit a wrench in around the huge 5.0...... You see a pushrod engine is smaller by far than a 5.0 and if looking under the hood there is no room to work on one when it comes to the mustang..... And envy is part as many admire the lines of the fifth gen and mustangs are everywhere and have just made a fairly drastic body change of their own becoming IRS equipped vehicles now and slower than they were.
The hate they spread about g.m. being Government motors..well they do not like to look back at fords problems and their bail outs, and sure they do not want to look back at the history of mustangs with their drop in fuel tanks being favored by a president not to make the biggest recall ever.... I know from the roots if it was not for chevy pushing the envelope with the 67 Camaro the mustang could have stayed a cheaper non muscle car.....I also know if not for all the options that came on our fifth gens the mustang lagging far behind on options has made ford install the options into mustangs over time to make them a better deal fro ford owners.... I know I researched over the years and the 2010 Camaro had so many things the mustang did not it was I am sure embarrassing to Ford and the price was well a little better for a Camaro.

Sure others may hate but having owned Fords and Chevys.... there is a whole lot of reasons so many classic cars have Chevy engines in them, and Chevy ignitions... and do not have huge shock towers, or suspension like a old Comet or elephant motors like Dodge made in the day, or nylon timing gears etc...or timing belts etc etc Many designs carry problems, many problems really suck, But brand loyalty can be something learned from past mechanical work on cars....... Or it can be just there from relatives or past car buying.

Having wrenched on cars for decades building old school muscle I learned to hate various things like say oh...A Grenada ignition, or a Yugo's fall apart design, etc etc
My brand loyalty was earned by practical working experience and making what worked the cheapest the easiest looked the best and had the most resell, bang for the buck, and was the most reliable. And that's why I am a old school Chevy guy along with a whole herd of a Kabilllion people... Sure a old or even a new f-150 looks nice but hey everything comes with its in built problems if you look hard enough, some would say our visability is too low...I would say, Hey at least we don't have a live rear axle and four cams to change to build our motor ...
The last ford I owned was a 2006 ford f-150 Harley Davidson edition, sure a nice looking black truck, the 4.6 put out about 300 h.p. and it was all wheel drive, the thing could not burn rubber for its life with low profile 20's on it,( the next year they supercharged the engine because it was so weak), the engine having came from the old 2 valve cylinder heads to the new tritons was a real improvement for ford as they would not recall all the previous 4.6 liters head that blew the spark plugs right out of the heads due to the lack of enough material being on the head to effectively screw into for the plugs/////MANY HAD TO HELICOIL OR REPLACE THE HEADS......on a 4.6 and yes the ford triton had 100,000 mile two piece spark plugs....that liked to break off on the tip from carbon as they discovered the tips were long and weak and the plugs should have been coated to keep them from being carbon encrusted...I know I had the ford mechanics suck half my spark plug tips out of my cylinders when doing a plug change as one of the plugs cracked causing a misfire my DIC told me about. That my friends was just another hard lesson learned, the $500 spark plug change that has to use the original $20 each spark plugs...the most expensive spark plug change I ever had or will have. But I was at least glad the 2006 did not have the weak frames Ford ignored on the prior years before they upgraded them rather than recall all of them kind of like the original mustang and its Pinto gas tank comparison.

Sure Chevy has made mistakes with parts, cars, problems, etc, but many ford owners I have experienced through car shows and years of motoring are fairly ignorant on their won vehicles and live in a happy land of bliss.... The same could be said for many other cars owners, god come on some one had buy Matadors etc...lol
SO haters are gonnna Hate, I my self prefer the mid 2000's on up mustangs and think they have gone way too new age on their current build and wonder what they are ever going to top the 5.0 engine with as its supposed to be so much all that.....at least until you have to work on it....lol do enjoy a nice ride though and they come in many flavors, the problems of each flavor can be reviewed...I am part of a site that I report my car problems too and let me tell you...the newer Mustangs lag behind the Camaro in guality but mainly as they have some serious trans issues with their automatics and radio problems with their lipsync ...but sure as anything just like in the day...dodge is bringing up the rear with problems abounding more than the Fiat company wants to deal with or well the Germans either....lol
Well that's my ramble, sure everyone pops out a Lemon once in a while, we are very fortunate in our Camaros to be of great quality usually more than other comparable muscle cars for this day and age, and the engines are worthy of being envious over as ours are just like say oh a kabillion Small block chevy engines out there ....just more cheaper and easier to build to better h.p. in the long run making them more popular in the long run by far..... Enough to piss a ford guy off. And haters gonna hate....... Sure the Camaro is too heavy, and sure its too heavy because of all that luxurious stuff they did not have on Mustangs like IRS, and heated mirrors and seats, and back up cams, and auto dimming headlights, and etc etc that Mustangs eventually had added thanks to Camaros this generation....and do the Mustang guys thank us... no we are the competition. ANd we are left to wonder ....When will they get the HUD like BMW just put in its 3 series......did we affect that change? LOL more than just a Muscle car...the Camaro a Luxury Beast....

You talk about ignorant ford fanboys then go on a rediculous, drwn out chevy fanboy rant, full of misinformation. First you spew about how much harder it is to work on a ford v8 and how terrible the live rear axle is and how horrible it is to change 4 cams to modify the engine. Almost literally, the only difficult thing on a 5.0 is headers. Even if you wanted to change cams, all that has to come off is the valve covers and front cover, about 45 minutes work dont even yave to drain coolant.(and who says you have to change the cams when stock cams are going 8 seconds). Your 06 harley truck had a 5.4l 3v, and the only supercharged harleys were previous generation trucks, i believe 02 or 03, and were 5.4 2v engines. 3v's had spark plug troubles but if you change the plugs on a hot engine they do not break. Ford has never had any problem with weak frames dont know where u pulled that from. You keep talking about poor mustang quality but i see plenty on the other side, like grinding manual trans's, oil pump failures, heater core failures, diff failures, supercharger coupling failures, convertible top failures, hud failures, etc. Your rant about ford actually confirms the opposite of what your trying to state, and its embarrassing. I had a 10 mustang gt before my current ss and it wasnt the fastest or most nimble but it gave me lots of trouble free miles, more than my ss, so far
essess is offline   Reply With Quote