Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #113
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazzi1397 View Post
+1
i agree also, just because it isnt as exclusive as the GTR doesnt mean the z06 isnt a great performance bargain.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #114
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
I wouldn't mind owning any of these cars.

Camaro SS
Nissan GTR
Corvette Z06
Corvette ZR1

But to be realistic, the performance the Camaro SS doesn't belong on that list. two or three leagues behind

That isn't bad mouthing the Camaro. I really like the new Camaro. But it seriously doesn't belong in the same discussion as the other cars.

But the Camaro sure is the Bang for the buck out of that list.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #115
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
seen a GTR out the other night, he seemed a little fiesty too... would have loved to get a chance to go with him a bit...but i was in a turning lane etc... NO, i dont think i'd have a chance, lol...but i like watching fast cars go fast, so if i could entice him into it, hey...i'll watch lol...i use my gsxr1000 to go fast, lol. (actually i dont, i drive very sane on the street in both)

i'll bait ferrari's lambo's and porche's too if given the chance. i just like watching nice cars,lol.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #116
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
i'll bait ferrari's lambo's and porche's too if given the chance. i just like watching nice cars,lol.
Lately ive been sseing a lot of lamborghinis on the road, was there a super sale that i missed???? LOL

Maseratis too, i dont think they look THAT cool, but i know they tend to be expensive.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #117
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
Thats like saying the Z06 is only fast because it has such wide tires that pretty much make traction "too easy" or what about the "titanium" nannies that make the car so light vs. more conventional builds, or what about the fact that it has 7liters or magnetic shocks...... features that are incorporated into cars to make them faster shouldnt be looked at so negatively, theyre there to IMPROVE the car.
There is a MASSIVE difference betrween high performance hardware and having a computer that actually pilots the car for you.

High performance equipment like tires, shocks, and lightweight chassis components make the car more capable. With a skilled driver, the car will be faster around a track. You can have the best equipment in the world, but without a good driver, its 100% useless.

The GTR, on the other hand, is an overweight pig of a car at around 4,000lbs, yet it can make good time around a track because of all its electronic nannies. It basically drives the car for you, it takes much less driver interaction and skill. You can throw the car into a corner hard, and the computer will figure the rest out. Thats bogus and stupid. At what point did "IMPROVING" the car include having the computer drive the car for you?? Thats not an improvement at all, its a joke.

Quote:
i already said it sucks that it voids the warranty but when you really think about it at least they give the customer the option of doing so and doesnt force the customer to go out and pay big money to get a custom tune for a lil more performance, in which most cases would void the warranty anyways!!
That is a very poor response to a very valid point.

The bottom line is Nissan gives you a factory feature that voids the warranty on your $85,000 vehicle. That is completely absurd and totally unacceptable. The warranty should be fully intact when you disable traction control, just like it is on the Z06. Custom tunes and aftermarket parts have no place in this comparison, its about factory features voiding factory warranties, and its totally ridiculous. Makes you realize you're still dealing with a piece of shit company like Nissan, even though you're paying close to $90,000 for a claimed "supercar"
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #118
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Traction control, stability Control, Launch control, all are offered on the Camaro as well.

Bottom line: When you run 11.xx stock 1/4 mile times, you have made an impressive machine.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #119
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
That is a very poor response to a very valid point.

The bottom line is Nissan gives you a factory feature that voids the warranty on your $85,000 vehicle. That is completely absurd and totally unacceptable. The warranty should be fully intact when you disable traction control, just like it is on the Z06. Custom tunes and aftermarket parts have no place in this comparison, its about factory features voiding factory warranties, and its totally ridiculous. Makes you realize you're still dealing with a piece of shit company like Nissan, even though you're paying close to $90,000 for a claimed "supercar"
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:44 AM   #120
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
lol @ a 80k nissan.... this can't be life :(
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #121
Ramonesfiend

Drives: Volvo V70 2.4T
At first I thought he was refering to the G35/G37 since in japan it IS the Skyline but in America they didn't want "purists" thinking the Skyline was just a nicer 350/370Z that could be had as a sedan and coupe. I can see why some people refer to the new GT-R as Skyline because it has been the label given to the best Skyline for MOST of the GT-R moniker's life.

This confusion of Skyline/GT-R/Silvia/###Z(ZX and SX) cars also happened in the early 90's when in America the Skyline was called the Silvia but in Japan the Silvia was the designation name to the low end Skylines. Also because like it is now the Silvia/Skyline was slightly cosmetically different from the 200SX and then the 240SX.
Ramonesfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #122
CombatVet0311

Drives: blk 2010 camaro 2ss l99
Wesman's argument really can't be explained any better, there really is no need for me to interject.
CombatVet0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #123
CombatVet0311

Drives: blk 2010 camaro 2ss l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfiend View Post
At first I thought he was refering to the G35/G37 since in japan it IS the Skyline but in America they didn't want "purists" thinking the Skyline was just a nicer 350/370Z that could be had as a sedan and coupe. I can see why some people refer to the new GT-R as Skyline because it has been the label given to the best Skyline for MOST of the GT-R moniker's life.

This confusion of Skyline/GT-R/Silvia/###Z(ZX and SX) cars also happened in the early 90's when in America the Skyline was called the Silvia but in Japan the Silvia was the designation name to the low end Skylines. Also because like it is now the Silvia/Skyline was slightly cosmetically different from the 200SX and then the 240SX.

Just a couple of corrections, the Silvia was never brought to the U.S., it was given the ka24de and labeled a 240sx. The Skyline as you and I know it was also never exported to the states (except if you're talking infiniti g series coupes and sedans).

Lower end Skylines were still Skylines, they just weren't Skyline GTRs. I hope I was of any assistance in clearing up confusion.
CombatVet0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #124
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Quote:
There is a MASSIVE difference betrween high performance hardware and having a computer that actually pilots the car for you.....

"pilots" the car for you??? it pilots the car for just as much as wide tires and ABS does.

Quote:
High performance equipment like tires, shocks, and lightweight chassis components make the car more capable. With a skilled driver, the car will be faster around a track. You can have the best equipment in the world, but without a good driver, its 100% useless.....

a less skilled driver would be more capable with all those advantages as well. An average driver might be able to beat a good driver with all those advantages.

Quote:
The GTR, on the other hand, is an overweight pig of a car at around 4,000lbs,....

Not a very nice thing to say on a camaro forum about a car that weighs less than an SS even with AWD

Quote:
Thats bogus and stupid. At what point did "IMPROVING" the car include having the computer drive the car for you?? Thats not an improvement at all, its a joke.....

whoa, such harsh words.dont get to worked up, you act like the GTR said something bad about your mother.

Quote:
The bottom line is Nissan gives you a factory feature that voids the warranty on your $85,000 vehicle. That is completely absurd and totally unacceptable. The warranty should be fully intact when you disable traction control, just like it is on the Z06....
my response was more than adequate and made perfect sense reguarding that little detail. You have your opinion i have mine.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #125
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Traction control, stability Control, Launch control, all are offered on the Camaro as well.

Bottom line: When you run 11.xx stock 1/4 mile times, you have made an impressive machine.
i agree, and when you include how rediculously good it handles you gotta at least give it a thumbs up !
Old 08-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #126
hunt

Drives: 10 SS 08 675 13 Stryker 10 S1000RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
nobody denied the trap speeds of the z06, but when talking about an exotic like the GTR, trap speeds dont tell the whole story about how awsome that car is. Look at its Nurburgring time. That track favors cars that are fast and it STILL runs around it much quicker than the z06 even though that track has PLENTY long straight aways and long sweeping turns that favor cars like a z06 and zr1 (high HP RWD), that speaks volumes about the GTR chassis.

It does not run the faster time at nurburg.
hunt is offline   Reply With Quote