Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 01-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #43
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69307 View Post
Funny... The only wave/thumbs up I've gotten in Bakersfield has been from a Vette and a Mustang!
HEY! not everyone in Bakersfield is rude.. i ALWAYS wave and flash my lights at other C5 drivers... Funny tho, i've never run into any of you guys...
LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #44
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
Thats funny. There is a red SS that shows up by the Circle k by my house. I went up to his window to say hi, but he wouldn't roll it down and just looked at me like was a dumbass.
Like others have said. Many people buying them now are buying them because its the car to have, but just don't have the passion for the car or know there is this little web site that is bring us all together. I am not going to let it bother me. Love the car and the people on this site make it that much better.
Okay.. if someone came up and knocked on my window, i wouldn't roll it down either.. nothing personal but you just can't trust people now-a-days so i think people are just more skeptical than they used to be. i get kinda weirded out at the gas station when someone walks up and is like "uh hey.. hows it going" once they talk about the car i'm cool, but 5 out of 8 times people want money...
Old 01-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #45
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
I hear that man, the motorcycle bond is something that will always remain untouched but I do see why some people bought the car because of it being the "hot ticket" item and others like us on here bought it for the love and thrill of ownership. Can't make them all passionate about it but those of us who are know what the others are missing

Where does that leave me? I bought it cause i looked good in it
j/k
Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #46
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolatheSlush View Post
Where does that leave me? I bought it cause i looked good in it
j/k
Haha all the more power to you then!! I couldn't look good even in a 69' Camaro

But I see you around town all the time and wave and you always give me the finger or the "I'm too hot to say hi" shrug-off, wtf??
Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #47
coolman

We're supposed to wave? I didn't know. I wave to the ones I know. The others might get the wrong idea and start shooting. LOL
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #48
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

I give a nod to all 2010-2011 mustangs, camaros, and challengers, I am an all american muscle car lover so if their car is looking good I acknowledge the fact, last thing I want is to give Camaro owners a bad name by being a snob and just ignoring other people when they say hi or give compliments.......give respect , get respect, thats how I roll
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #49
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
I give a nod to all 2010-2011 mustangs, camaros, and challengers, I am an all american muscle car lover so if their car is looking good I acknowledge the fact, last thing I want is to give Camaro owners a bad name by being a snob and just ignoring other people when they say hi or give compliments.......give respect , get respect, thats how I roll
Good motto to live/drive by right there...

I don't really encounter too many newer Mustangs around town yet but there are a few Challengers out and about but most of them have the tinted windows like me so it's tough to acknowledge eachother sometimes...

Some call the blacked out windows "hater vision" but I just call it survival 101 for a Bakersfield summer!!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #50
RedDragon

Drives: 1967 Camaro and SIM 2013 ZL1
Quote:
HEY! not everyone in Bakersfield is rude.. i ALWAYS wave and flash my lights at other C5 drivers... Funny tho, i've never run into any of you guys...
Not all of them are rude but most of them are stupid. Driving my '67 around I get all sorts of thumbs up/waves/honks, which is great.

BUT... when I drive my Evo I get everyone and there mom trying to street race me. Take last night for example, some dumbass in a Maxima with a baby in the car seat kept running up next to me, pulling ahead, turning on his hazards and backing off...... Come on man!! really?! with a baby?
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #51
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
Not all of them are rude but most of them are stupid. Driving my '67 around I get all sorts of thumbs up/waves/honks, which is great.

BUT... when I drive my Evo I get everyone and there mom trying to street race me. Take last night for example, some dumbass in a Maxima with a baby in the car seat kept running up next to me, pulling ahead, turning on his hazards and backing off...... Come on man!! really?! with a baby?
That baby gonna grow up to be a speeder !!!! at least when baby grows up and gets pulled over and goes to court he/she can say its inbred
Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #52
Sin

Drives: DEAD
I have passed a few Camaros heading opposite ways. I've gotten a wave or horn from most.

I've also blown the horn and waved to a fellow Camaro owner, only to realize that I was actually driving my Corolla that day. I wonder what they thought.
Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #53
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Quote:

That's one of my biggest pet peeves is people who try to street race with a baby in the car. I'm all for the occassional red light race when no one is on the road but NEVER when you're putting a childs life at risk like that, pure ignorance!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #54
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
Haha all the more power to you then!! I couldn't look good even in a 69' Camaro

But I see you around town all the time and wave and you always give me the finger or the "I'm too hot to say hi" shrug-off, wtf??
Oh I'm sure you'd look good in a '69... Anyone would look hott in one. That car is ridiculously sexy!

Wait! You mean the finger isn't how people in Bako say hello?? And here I thought everyone in town was super nice, as for the shrug.. It was prob a really great hair day :-D
Old 01-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #55

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Summit White Camaro
Quote:

Yeah, I had a Beemer pull up beside me the other day wanting to race off the light!
69307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #56
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
It is fading, if not gone.. I had the 21st camaro in San Diego and I'd wave and nod to others and they would not even look at me. I've since sold it, and now have a Z06 corvette. I will tell you. the Corvette Brotherhood is HUGE. There isn't a vette I drive by who doesn't wave, nod, or thumbs up me.

"What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil"
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote