Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
dotbowels

Drives: Convertible RS 2014
Tires for 2014 Camaro RS

I have 245/45-20 on front and 275/40-20 on the rear. They are Pirellis.
I'm about ready for replacement tires front & rear, & would like advice on which tires to replace with.
I'm sure why but I always get shamed, by sales people,when I go tire shopping.
If I know what I need, I can be more forceful.
Thanks Dorothy
dotbowels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Dorothy, Those are the tires that I have run on since taking delivery of my car. I like them, but I am sure other members may have better ideas. I order mine from Tire Rack, have them delivered to my home and take them to get put on. Tire rack also has a list of installers that you have the tires sent directly to them maybe in your area. Then you go there and have them installed. They are also a sponsor on here, see this link for more information http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66758
Side note: I run Pirelli P-zero's - 245/45-20 on front and 275/40-20 on the rear in the summer. In the winter I run Pirelli Scorpion winter tires - 245/45-20's on all 4

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260

Last edited by Stewart; 11-20-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Hi Dot you may want to give a little more info. What type of driving you do . Region of the country you live in . I'm assuming you want allseason Radials . Do you want tires that last longer than what you have now ? These types of things will help .
Old 11-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
dotbowels

Drives: Convertible RS 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Hi Dot you may want to give a little more info. What type of driving you do . Region of the country you live in . I'm assuming you want allseason Radials . Do you want tires that last longer than what you have now ? These types of things will help .
I live in Florida and do half in town/ half highway driving
Want the best ride I can get

Thanks
dotbowels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post

Thanks
I am not sure if you saw my post before you posted this as I was added more information.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
There are many different choices in tires. I'd say take a look at your tire options at tire rack. Lot's of information and reviews etc. to make an informed decision from. As mentioned, they are a forum sponsor....Rudy@Tirerack would probably be able to help you a lot

Nancy
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:16 PM   #7
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Dorothy, Those are the tires that I have run on since taking delivery of my car. I like them, but I am sure other members may have better ideas. I order mine from Tire Rack, have them delivered to my home and take them to get put on. Tire rack also has a list of installers that you have the tires sent directly to them maybe in your area. Then you go there and have them installed. They are also a sponsor on here, see this link for more information http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66758
Side note: I run Pirelli P-zero's - 245/45-20 on front and 275/40-20 on the rear in the summer. In the winter I run Pirelli Scorpion winter tires - 245/45-20's on all 4
I never bought tires online. Normally, I just go to my local Wheel Works or America's Tire and get it done with. About how much savings going the Tire Rack route online?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #8
Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I never bought tires online. Normally, I just go to my local Wheel Works or America's Tire and get it done with. About how much savings going the Tire Rack route online?
I am not sure what the savings would be buying online vs in the store. In my area I wanted to get the same brand and they gave me blah blah for about 10 mins then said that they could not get them, but could give a better deal on the brands that they had in stock. The price I paid last year to replace all four from Tire Rack was $183.00ea for the front and $185.00ea for the rears and around $50.00 shipping. I also got free road hazard protection for 2 years. The store wanted to charge me for it. I know, should have gone some where else, but not too many places around here, lol.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #9
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I always buy my tires online and have them mounted/balanced locally...Usually just bring them my old wheels/tires and new tires and get work done. Then I'll wash the rims really good before installing back on the car.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #10
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
I just recently put tires on my 2014. I went with all season since i live in Ohio but being in Florida, maybe you can go with summer tires instead.

I ended up with Goodyear Eagle Sport AS. Other tires I looked at that are also highly rated and popular here it seems are Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06, BF Goodrich Comp-2 AS, and General GMAX AS-05. These are all all season tires.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #11
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
im going to be replacing my pirellis pretty soon too,thinking about firestone firehawk A/S as the treadwear rating is more than double that of the pirellis.tire rack has a most informative website including reviews and ability to compare different tires to each other.of course it would be a good idea to compare prices with your local dealer(firestone can do this online),probably general tire too.as long as you do your homework online you should have a good idea of what you want before walking into the tire store.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #12
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Tire Rack doesn’t offer Nitto, so I won’t be using them. I’ll have to see if my local shop can order them.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #13
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
I have firehawk Indy 500s on my ss and they work great

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #14
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
I have 245/45-20 on front and 275/40-20 on the rear. They are Pirellis.
I'm about ready for replacement tires front & rear, & would like advice on which tires to replace with.
I'm sure why but I always get shamed, by sales people,when I go tire shopping.
If I know what I need, I can be more forceful.
Thanks Dorothy
Quote:

Thanks
Hey Dorothy,

All Season radials will probably perform better for you than the PZero Tires have performed. You say you live in Florida but if you live in the Panhandle, that would be all the more reason to get all season tires. One thing about your car is the staggard fitment of the Tires meaning you have wider wheels on the rear than on the front. Tire height must be as close to the same as possible in order to prevent stabilitrak issues.

My son had to replace his ex-fiancé’s Tires and went with a Falken tire AS in the original equipment sizes. So far she has great traction and doesn’t pick up every piece of rock like the PZeros did. The ride is much smoother especially during cold start ups. Remember that tire height must remain within, I’d say, 1/2” or less difference.

Last edited by SharpOldNo7; 01-04-2018 at 09:52 PM.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote