Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #15
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
I never really had a lot of issues with my stock shifter really, other than I thought the knob was uncomfortable and ugly. Once I saw the MGW flat stick, I knew I would be going that route, even it if wasn't touted as the best shifter for these cars. Luckily, it seems to be that as well.

It does seem to take some "flex" out of the stock piece. The strong return to center takes a bit of getting used to. A few lazy 1-2 shifts have ended up being a 1-4 shift (so much for having skip shift tuned out ). Though this is awesome at other times, as the 2-3 shift you just slam it forward, the shifter will do the rest.

I absolutely love mine and do not regret the purchase whatsoever. Install was a bit of a pain, but well worth it IMO. The shifts engage well, and I have yet to have a single shift not want to go into gear or anything (happened once in a while with my stock piece but that was rare)

Thank you! Super helpful! The Barton has been great but definitely has a bit a slop to it but was a big improvement (for my feel) over stock. Just hibernating in winter so thought moving to MGW full assembly would make sense - especially with a Black Friday sale coming up.

Definitely looking for more “firm” mechanical feel where it just falls in right gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:41 AM   #16
nikitis

Drives: 2012 Camaro Inferno Orange
Noob question. But why is your Reverse on the right side and mine is on the left?

2012 M6V6 here.
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:53 PM   #17
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
the mgw was my first mod. I put one in my 4th gen when I had it also. great shifter!
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote