Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #29
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by '09-Z28 View Post
I can confirm that too. I recently helped my sister-in-law buy her first car. I had a family member that worked at a dealership down the street from me, and he got us a family discount which was a pretty good price. But I decided to call some internet managers at other dealerships around the valley. I was shocked to find out that we could get the same car for more than $1k less than the family discounted price if we went through an internet manager. It's definitely the way to go.
This is how I bought my truck, and I got it for 4k less than the sticker on the window WITH new tires and a drop in bed liner.

My first try at my camaro will be through my bank they have a purchasing service that gets vehicles at 500 over invoice, no dealer, no loan issues, no haggling, So more time driving.(heck they even take my trade-in and I can test drive at the bank)
Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #30
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
This is how I bought my truck, and I got it for 4k less than the sticker on the window WITH new tires and a drop in bed liner.

My first try at my camaro will be through my bank they have a purchasing service that gets vehicles at 500 over invoice, no dealer, no loan issues, no haggling, So more time driving.(heck they even take my trade-in and I can test drive at the bank)
WHO IS YOUR BANK?
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #31
shibbychevy15
I'm your Huckleberry!

Drives: 2001 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by AConn View Post
I'm going to purchase my car through my credit union. They will negotiate the price and it should be a few hundred over invoice.
hey man how does this work? do you just go into the credit union and tell them what you want and they get it from the dealer or are you talking about a preapproval loan from them?!?!

Cheers!!
shibbychevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
That sounds sweet!!! I'm down!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #33
jhitson

Drives: 88 Camaro, 01 S-10, 06 G6 GTP
Rodgers-Fore Chevrolet
1272 Highway 321 N
Lenoir City, TN 37771
(865) 988-0600

I talked to these idiots about a month and a half ago. They claim that the base camaro will start at 42000-43000 and top will be 60000-65000. I told the sales manager that he is f-ing crazy, i could get a vette for that. Of course he said that I couldn't because the vette starts at 74000.

Stay away, far, far away!
jhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitson View Post
Rodgers-Fore Chevrolet
1272 Highway 321 N
Lenoir City, TN 37771
(865) 988-0600

I talked to these idiots about a month and a half ago. They claim that the base camaro will start at 42000-43000 and top will be 60000-65000. I told the sales manager that he is f-ing crazy, i could get a vette for that. Of course he said that I couldn't because the vette starts at 74000.

Stay away, far, far away!
Sounds like even though its a Chevy dealership, that guy was making sales for Dodge
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #35
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
it is official that it will start in the 20k range right???
Old 03-02-2008, 01:58 AM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
it is official that it will start in the 20k range right???
For the V6? Its an extremely safe bet that you will be able to buy one for 22k or so. We've been told it will be priced to be competitive with the mustang, and if they don't the Camaro will die quickly. The V8's, look for them starting in the 28k range, right between the G8 GT and Mustang GT.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-02-2008, 02:03 AM   #37
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
how much you think something with ls3 specs(wheather it is THEE ls3 or a detuned one) cost???
Old 03-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
how much you think something with ls3 specs(wheather it is THEE ls3 or a detuned one) cost???
That is the million dollar question for the new Camaro. LS3 could potentially be the base V8. There are some strong arguments for that happening. The other camp says that LS3 will be the top engine and be in the mid to high 30's. Thats a huge price range. The current guess for the SRT8 fighter is $36 150 http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2799

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-02-2008, 02:58 AM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
LS3 could potentially be the base V8. There are some strong arguments for that happening. [/URL]
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #40
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Dealer Name: JN CHevrolet
Dealer location:2999 N Nimitz Hwy Honolulu, HI
Dealer phone number:(808) 831-2500
Dealer website:http://www.jnautomotive.com/

Just spoke with these guys a few minutes ago about ordering a new Camaro, when the topic of price came up the salesman said that they would be selling them above MSRP because "all cars are sold above MSRP for the first model year, and even more so for the Camaro since it's been so long since these cars where made"
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:56 AM   #41
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Exaclty the wrong attitude to have. I would never buy from someone like that......NEVER.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #42
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I almost forgot to post this...

The dealer I've been going to here in Jacksonville says they will be selling the first Camaros at 55k. They didn't even flinch when I questioned them on what the total mark up was. They simply said they are confident that someone else will pay that much, if I won't. They think they can sell em for that much regardless what the MSRP is. I'm assuming they were talking about the entry level V8. I will definitely be waiting. Coggin Chevrolet in Jacksonville FL.

Nice huh.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote