Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #15
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
What is the purpose of this?

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #16
datagram940

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Did you order our 10-13 wickerbill?
I think you may be pleased to hear that we offer a larger wickerbill for the 10-13 now which also fits 14-18 models here is a picture:
If interested in this one and you have a 10-13 regular one give us a call and ill get an exchange going!
Is this the right link to the larger wickerbill for 2010 Camaro SS: https://zl1addons.com/collections/wi...13-wicker-bill

Thank you.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #17
Bottledbird68

Drives: 2011 2ss convertible, 68 firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by datagram940 View Post
Is this the right link to the larger wickerbill for 2010 Camaro SS: https://zl1addons.com/collections/wi...13-wicker-bill

Thank you.
For camparison sake and to update this thread with concrete info that is exactly the wickerbill I just put on our convertible. Fit wasn’t perfect (nor did I expect it to be since its not listed for a vert), had to fudge it a little bit but I think it looks just fine once installed.
Only one bolt all the way on the passenger side outermost location had any interference with the antenna inside the stock spoiler. After I drilled it and before I put the nutsert in I bent it out of the way a little with a screw driver. Still seems to function fine and gave me the needed clearance.
Hope that helps anyone interested. Any other questions ask away!
And of course, the necessary pics 😎
Attached Images

Bottledbird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:46 PM   #18
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
I like it!! Added to my long list of to-dos!
skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:32 PM   #19
champwynn

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottledbird68 View Post
For camparison sake and to update this thread with concrete info that is exactly the wickerbill I just put on our convertible. Fit wasn’t perfect (nor did I expect it to be since its not listed for a vert), had to fudge it a little bit but I think it looks just fine once installed.
Only one bolt all the way on the passenger side outermost location had any interference with the antenna inside the stock spoiler. After I drilled it and before I put the nutsert in I bent it out of the way a little with a screw driver. Still seems to function fine and gave me the needed clearance.

Where did you get your side skirts ground effect?
Old 04-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #20
Bottledbird68

Quote:
Originally Posted by champwynn View Post
Where did you get your side skirts ground effect?
Good old eBay lol. “Enforced aero” was the manufacturer. I was pleasantly surprised with how decent they were for a cheap eBay part
Old 09-23-2019, 07:44 PM   #21
CasperZL1

Drives: 2013 White ZL1 Vert
Quote:

Older post I know but just curious what kind of “fudging” you had to do? I get the antenna part but did you have to drill new holes Or enlarge them? Did you have to cut the WB anywhere? I ask these questions because I have a ZL1 convertible and of course my dumb@$$ ordered the ZL1 wickerbill without consulting my peers on camaro5 first.

I am just trying to decide if I should just return mine and run or does it still look “professionally” made with the “fudging” needed 😂... I love the look of the WB on your car and would really like to have one on mine.

Last question did you do the standard 10-13 or the stealth 10-13? Thanks for your time!
CasperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #22
Bottledbird68

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperZL1 View Post
Older post I know but just curious what kind of “fudging” you had to do? I get the antenna part but did you have to drill new holes Or enlarge them? Did you have to cut the WB anywhere? I ask these questions because I have a ZL1 convertible and of course my dumb@$$ ordered the ZL1 wickerbill without consulting my peers on camaro5 first.

I am just trying to decide if I should just return mine and run or does it still look “professionally” made with the “fudging” needed 😂... I love the look of the WB on your car and would really like to have one on mine.

Last question did you do the standard 10-13 or the stealth 10-13? Thanks for your time!
I didn’t have to drill any new holes on the wb itself. I used the holes they provided. I didn’t have to cut anything either. All I did was carefully measure to find the center point, slide it up and down while pushing tight against the wing to find a height that looked “right” (tough to describe, pretty easy to see when you’re doing it), mark my hole locations on painters tape like they recommend, and basically follow the instructions from there.
Only “fudging” I had to do was in regards to placement. The bottom curve is slightly different than it would be if it were made for a convertible. Find your center, and make sure to push the whole thing flush to find where it looks right. Two sets of hands will make that easier, although I did it alone, but I have 20 years of auto body experience so I suppose that helps me with panel alignment lol. Other than that only extra issue was forcing the nutsert on the outermost edge of the passenger side by the antenna.
Truthfully if I didn’t tell you it wasn’t technically made for a convertible you’d never really know. So I say go for it. I believe it was the standard one I used. Same one they give the link for in this thread 😎
Good luck! I say go for it. Just be careful. Measure three times, drill once lol.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:57 AM   #23
CasperZL1

Drives: 2013 White ZL1 Vert
Quote:
I didn’t have to drill any new holes on the wb itself. I used the holes they provided. I didn’t have to cut anything either. All I did was carefully measure to find the center point, slide it up and down while pushing tight against the wing to find a height that looked “right” (tough to describe, pretty easy to see when you’re doing it), mark my hole locations on painters tape like they recommend, and basically follow the instructions from there.
Only “fudging” I had to do was in regards to placement. The bottom curve is slightly different than it would be if it were made for a convertible. Find your center, and make sure to push the whole thing flush to find where it looks right. Two sets of hands will make that easier, although I did it alone, but I have 20 years of auto body experience so I suppose that helps me with panel alignment lol. Other than that only extra issue was forcing the nutsert on the outermost edge of the passenger side by the antenna.
Truthfully if I didn’t tell you it wasn’t technically made for a convertible you’d never really know. So I say go for it. I believe it was the standard one I used. Same one they give the link for in this thread 😎
Good luck! I say go for it. Just be careful. Measure three times, drill once lol.

Awesome will do thanks for your time!
CasperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote